Do you follow any television shows?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
NOVELYN LAPON
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you follow any television shows?

Post by NOVELYN LAPON »

Yes,sometimes I download it if I want to watch the whole episodes
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

None anymore. I mainly watch stuff on YouTube or anime on sites like Crunchyroll. Stuff like Futurama being canceled and most showings not having overarching plots hurt my enjoyment of television
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

My favorite show is a kids' show, but it is AMAZING! It is on Amazon Prime, and it is called Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street. To me, most current kid's shows are just silly, but this one is so different. It is a coming of age show about 3 middle school best friends. It has some magic elements mixed with reality. It will bring back memories of your own childhood. It will make you laugh and cry over the course of the series. It doesn't have a lot of silly drama or kids obsessed with electronics. It has an older feel to it. The actors are amazing.
There are only 3 seasons, and sadly, the show has already been canceled.
If you have never seen it, I encourage you to look for the show on Amazon prime, and give it a try! It's a very interesting, intelligent show. It is the kind of show that would appeal to book lovers, in my opinion.
Jainalina
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jainalina »

Sherlock holmes!!!! I am die hard fan of SH and there's no show that have captivated so much. The chase, thrill, live, friendship, revenge etc has been incorporated in a well defined way and the actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, has one a splendid job as well. I also watch Asian dramas and movies which is not quite popular in western countries but let me tell you this, it's good and i recommend to everyone here
perlaa
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See

Post by perlaa »

The show I'm currently following right now is "the originals". After the groundbreaking finale of season 3. I'm still wondering about the fates of the Mikaelsons in season 4. Will they reunite again? I also follow The Vampire diaries, supernatural, stranger things, etc.
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

Still watching Walking Dead, but only because I'm loyal to the show. The way they did Glen was cheap shock value.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

GAME OF THRONES. caught my interest and on further inspection all watching ,turned out to be the best continuation to the RECENTLY. R. R.Martin book.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

Jainalina wrote:Sherlock holmes!!!! I am die hard fan of SH and there's no show that have captivated so much. The chase, thrill, live, friendship, revenge etc has been incorporated in a well defined way and the actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, has one a splendid job as well. I also watch Asian dramas and movies which is not quite popular in western countries but let me tell you this, it's good and i recommend to everyone here
YES! It is one of the best! This show is on a completely different level!!!
Jainalina

Post by Jainalina »

Thank goodness!!!! I thought I was the only here....lol :D
Megan Old
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by Megan Old »

Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Big Bang Theory. I've also started watching Riverdale but (spoiler alert) I just hated its season finale when fred andrews died. It's like they're just dragging the story. Season 1 revolved around who killed Jason, is season 2 gonna revolve around who killed fred andrews? And then what? Have someone killed in the season 2 finale? Ugh, boring.

My guilty pleasure is also Austin and Ally. It's a disney show so I'm not really proud of it haha! But it's light and funny and not much drama and there's always a song in every episode. So whenever I'm tired, I watch Austin and Ally or Big Bang Theory.
III_Jasmine_III
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by III_Jasmine_III »

Supernatural, BBC Sherlock and Shadowhunters.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Lately I've been watching a lot of reality TV which is definitely not good TV. It's entertaining but it's still the absolute worst!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

All the time actually, but I have to admit there are very few good shows nowadays.
Several shows I quite liked, as they are refreshing: Outlander (production and cast are simply amazing), Doctor Who (the best season was with David Tennant), The Leftovers, Vikings, Graceland and Daredevil.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Netflix is a blessing from above! I'm all about I Zombie, Orange is the new black and Shadowhunters. I also loved Sense 8 and Stranger things too.
Would deffo recommend Shadowhunters to those who are fans of Supernatural
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Joanna82
Currently Reading: The Spy
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Joanna82 »

I don't have cable, but I do watch a few TV shows on Hulu. My current favorite is Fresh Off the Boat. I highly recommend it if you love watching good, original comedies! :)

Return to “Films and Books”