Do you follow any television shows?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Do you follow any television shows?

Post by Inkroverts »

I don't watch TV much. And since I don't live in the US, I only see cartoons like Family Guy, Spongebob and the Simpsons on YouTube.
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

I loved Game of Thrones (apart from the last season - number 8).

Currently, I'm watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, but the characters (particularly the villains of the story) are incredibly infuriating.
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Chirlerona »

I am a huge fan of Suits and I am really gutted that the series are coming to an end next week. Tried to find a substitute to binge on when Suits are finished, and stumbled upon Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Loved it, but watched all three seasons already (Yes, I have got a job and I am a busy lady, but I do like my Netflix๐Ÿ˜‰) . Now on season 1 of " How to get away with murder". ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
CortLeighh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CortLeighh »

Im really into Supernatural ๐Ÿ˜ and Bones, Find me in Paris, Smallville, Schitts Creek, What we do in the shadows. Two and half men, The king of Queens. Lol just a few of my fav.
AdamRedWolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamredwolf.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by AdamRedWolf »

The last season of Fairy Tail just dropped in the US, topping out at over 300 total episodes. I've waited years to finish this one!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
- Bokonon (Kurt Vonnegut), Cat's Cradle
ninzcetrey-009
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ninzcetrey-009 »

I grown up watching alot of television Me and my siblings Will normal stay up all night watching tv series like small ville,legend of the seeker e.t.c.i feel like have seen everything i wanna dew on television its time to start making some money,in 2016 I stopped paying attention to the TV I hardly stay focus on any show except watch soccer on TV maybe someday when am making enough I might think about it but I don't think am going back to the television anytime soon
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

Browneh wrote: โ†‘15 Sep 2019, 20:48 I loved Game of Thrones (apart from the last season - number 8).

Currently, I'm watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, but the characters (particularly the villains of the story) are incredibly infuriating.
I just finished season 3! I agree they are infuriating. I did enjoy the show though.
Browneh
Currently Reading:

Post by Browneh »

Reynaa wrote: โ†‘22 Sep 2019, 21:39
Browneh wrote: โ†‘15 Sep 2019, 20:48 I loved Game of Thrones (apart from the last season - number 8).

I just finished season 3! I agree they are infuriating. I did enjoy the show though.
I'm halfway through season 3! It's actually a lot better than I anticipated based on the internet's reviews
Reynaa
Currently Reading:

Post by Reynaa »

Browneh wrote: โ†‘24 Sep 2019, 08:12
Reynaa wrote: โ†‘22 Sep 2019, 21:39

I'm halfway through season 3! It's actually a lot better than I anticipated based on the internet's reviews
I hadn't read reviews and went into it without expectations. It was pretty different because of the new Ani character, who I thought was annoying. You may not be there yet but Tyler just broke my heart in one scene!
Browneh
Currently Reading:

Post by Browneh »

Reynaa wrote: โ†‘22 Sep 2019, 21:39 I hadn't read reviews and went into it without expectations. It was pretty different because of the new Ani character, who I thought was annoying. You may not be there yet but Tyler just broke my heart in one scene!
I think I may have, but I'm not entirely sure because Tyler's story is pretty sad overall?
I didn't mind Ani (mainly because I'm English so the accent is pretty normal for me haha), maybe I'm just too empathetic with her? Or maybe I haven't gotten to the bit that everyone dislikes yet?
Reynaa
Currently Reading:

Post by Reynaa »

His story really is sad! I didn't like Ani because I felt like she was a nosy know-it-all who was quick to point out other's mistakes and seemed like she thought she was better than everyone else. And she's the narrator so you're stuck with her hahaha.
brttnybest
Currently Reading: Children of Time
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by brttnybest »

I follow Supernatural (so sad it's ending), Grey's Anatomy, Doctor Who, and Stranger Things.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

Right now, I am watching Poldark. It's a great period drama set it Cornwall, England. It has filled the void that Downton Abbey left.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Currently I'm feeling the hyper for Crisis on Infinite Earth, the huge crossover among DC shows that will include different versions of Superman and Lois Lane. I don't know when the new seasons are coming to Italy, I hope soon.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I'm currently following Legacies. It's a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, which I also had kept up with when they were airing. It's really interesting, just not as dark and adulty as the latter two.

Return to โ€œFilms and Booksโ€