Do you follow any television shows?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
kellytjtay
Currently Reading: Survival Instinct
Bookshelf Size: 325
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellytjtay.html
Reading Device: B07K2HBB1H

Re: Do you follow any television shows?

Post by kellytjtay »

I have a habit of binge watching shows once I start on Netflix and Hulu. I especially enjoy The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Med, Salem, Hotel Hell and Kitchen Nightmares (I love listening to Gordon when he gets mad), Weeds, Empire, just finished Nurse Jackie and I did enjoy An American Horror Story but season four and five kind of disappointed me. I watched the entire first season of Orange is the New Black and was very impressed, I knew it was based on a true story, so I immediately bought the book on Amazon. I was so disappointed. The only thing that was similar was the fact that a woman went to jail for drugs. All of the other drama that went on in the show was completely made up, it seemed. I was so disappointed.
BlueJeans222
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluejeans222.html

Post by BlueJeans222 »

I enjoy many TV shows, at the moment i'm re-watching Gilmore girls on Netflix. i often find that i watch a TV show on the TV if its an action show as i want to be caught up in the moment and if other friends watch the same show we can discuss it in detail the next day
doosesmarket
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doosesmarket.html

Post by doosesmarket »

Not many to be truthful. I watch more movies than anything.

I have a terrible trash TV habit but besides that I follow Orphan Black. I am also a Gilmore Girls fan like the poster above and I can't wait for the November release. You might have picked that up from the username too...
hedykay
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hedykay.html

Post by hedykay »

i prefer not to be tied to a particular time for anything except people. so most of the television shows i watch are in the past. there are some current ones i will watch online, but usually past their prime. however, i have been a fan of Once Upon a Time since i caught it on an airplane back from europe! it has incredible writing, incredible stories and the characters are superb!
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

We do not watch much network tv, although we do watch network shows but on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Hubby and I both love to watch British and Australian shows. Sadly we don't watch enough movies and we really should because we have access to a lot of them.
kanameyuutan30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanameyuutan30.html

Post by kanameyuutan30 »

A LOT!!

pure anime, though.....
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I don't follow any tv shows while they are airing on tv because I am too forgetful. However I watch tv shows on netflix. My favorites on there are:
Call the Midwife
The Fosters
Reign
The Super
Grace & Franke
Grey's Anatomy
How to Get Away with Murder
etc..
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Warren Brown
Currently Reading: Travelman
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Warren Brown »

I am following "West World" the television series and it is gradually developing into an interesting story.
EmiOllie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emiollie.html

Post by EmiOllie »

I follow a lot, currently I just finished the latest season of Black Mirror. Watching that show is akin to reading an enthralling book.

-- 23 Oct 2016, 13:14 --
Kdonegan91 wrote:I don't follow any tv shows while they are airing on tv because I am too forgetful. However I watch tv shows on netflix. My favorites on there are:
Call the Midwife
The Fosters
Reign
The Super
Grace & Franke
Grey's Anatomy
How to Get Away with Murder
etc..

Call the Midwife is one of the BEST shows I have ever seen- I was in tears with the latest season dealing with thalidomide.
Jynny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jynny.html

Post by Jynny »

I do watch a few tv series like Grey's anatomy ?
Then there is Dexter, Stranger things, rewatched Full house then watched fuller house, Friends,Simpsons, Big bang theory, how I met your mother, how to get away with murder
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

Some of the series that I have been following over the past few years include Outlander, Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful, The Arrow, and Supernatural. I typical watch shows that are either on Netflix or on movie channels because I do not enjoy commercials. Of these some are based on book series. I have read all of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series and have read the first three books in the Game of Thrones series. I was saddened to see Penny Dreadful end after just three seasons. With all the paranormal characters such as Dracula, Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll, Dorian Gray, vampires, and werewolves, and witches, and incarnations of the Devil himself, Penny Dreadful was a great series.
shadow01

Post by shadow01 »

Walking Dead
Z Nation
Scream
Sherlock
Long ire
Anything crime i.e. CSI, Law and Order
I also just discovered Zoo, Call the Midwife, and Hap and Leonard
lilblondiy03
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilblondiy03.html

Post by lilblondiy03 »

Walking Dead, New Girl and Grey's Anatomy!

-- 07 Nov 2016, 18:01 --

Walking Dead, New Girl and Grey's Anatomy!
Also, Elementary and Blacklist!!
SilverSparkle

Post by SilverSparkle »

Not a big television person but I do follow The Walking Dead and Bones.
E_MarMatt95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-marmatt95.html

Post by E_MarMatt95 »

I am a huge Grey's Anatomy fan and an even bigger Game of Thrones fan. I was a True Blood fan until they cut the series off unexpectedly (to me anyway). I've actually said repeatedly that if I had watched Grey's when I was younger, I would've ended up a surgeon.

Return to “Films and Books”