How Do you feel about the Hunger Games series and the books?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: How Do you feel about the Hunger Games series and the books?

Post by V-20 »

I loved the trilogy and all the movies. I loved that they cut the Mockingjay into 2 parts. JLaw is perfect, Josh, Liam, and Sam were all perfect. I remember when I was in High School, I was reading Catching Fire and have it with me wherever I go. I went at church bringing that book when unfortunately, I forgot to bring it home with me but luckily, when I came back to church, one of the ministers kept it. I was able to retrieve my book.
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
leplus
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by leplus »

I read the books and saw the movies, the books impressed me more, though efforts were made for the movies to be good.
Amalia Lantano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amalia-lantano.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Amalia Lantano »

I actually liked the first two movies of hunger games but the third and fourth... not so much.. As for the books, I only remember myself enjoying reading the books.
psmith5659
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psmith5659.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by psmith5659 »

The books remain as some of my favorites to this day. They each dealt with such important things as facist regimes, PTSD, propaganda in the media, disabilities, and death. The movies took out almost all of this development that made the books so important. Instead of tackling the hard hitting topics, the movies focused on the love triangle, the exact thing that characters in power in the novel were using as a smokescreen between the people and the social revolution. It is a great cinematic parallel, but the irony is nearing on scary.
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

I love the Hunger Games series!
Never read the books though, I have only watched the movies. And yes, the first movie is the best, I wasn't as impressed with the other two.
William Wilson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-wilson.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by William Wilson »

I enjoyed both the book series and the movies- it was a rare event where the movie did the book justice.
Weird_Illustrator
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weird-illustrator.html
Latest Review: Otherside by Aaron Dennis

Post by Weird_Illustrator »

I loved the first two and a half books and really hated the rest. I couldn't even bring myself to actually read the last pages and instead just roughly simmed them.
The movies were fine but I didn't like them as much as the books and the ending was obviously not quite my cup of tea either.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

Honestly hunger games were not my favourite movie series, neither the book.
angelmuktar
Currently Reading: The Binding Stone
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by angelmuktar »

I haven't read the books but I did enjoy the movies however a lot of my friends who did read the books tell me that they are so much better than the movies (like every movie-book ratio ever)
Victoria Copsey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-copsey.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Victoria Copsey »

I read the books before the films came out and loved them to pieces. I also loved the films but only when considering them as a separate work. When I start comparing little details in the books that didn't make it to film or we're done differently, I start ruining for myself.
Urijah Mandzij
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Urijah Mandzij »

Fun, adventurous, and amazing! Movies are great, books are even better! I couldn't stop reading until I finished the series! I wish they would make "The Ballad Of Songbirds and Snakes" into a movie!
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

I saw the Hunger Games movie first, and I absolutely loved it from the first sight. I remember how much of an impact it had on me back then. Then I've read all the books, and I loved them just as much. I liked the second movie as well, but then I kind of lost track and I actually never seen the fourth. But now I feel like watching it! :)
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

I've never seen any of the movies, but I think the books are pretty overrated. I don't mean this with malicious intent, these books are good and receive high praise for good reasons. However, the concepts that are touted as revolutionary aren't new nor inventive. The first two books are nearly the same. Contrary to popular opinion, I actually prefer the final book to the first two because of how it has new concepts and doesn't rehash the idea of battle royale once again. All in all, enjoyable, but no real subtext nor meaning to make it a really compelling story for me. Don't mistake this for how I think it should be seen as, this is just what I think.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

I read all the books, but movies I think I just watched the first one. I liked them at first and not I do not.

Return to “Films and Books”