The 5th Wave - Book vs Film

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
-brintontaylor
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brintontaylor.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

The 5th Wave - Book vs Film

Post by -brintontaylor »

A few months ago, I decided to watch "The 5th Wave" because it had one of my favourite actors in. I watched it all in one go and as soon as it finished, I googled to see if there was a second film - but there isn't!

That's when I decided to buy the book series, so I could learn what happens after the events of the first book / film, but I haven't got around to reading them yet!

My question is; Are the books better than the film, or different? Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a second film or am I just waiting for something that's never going to happen? :(
Stephanie1373
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie1373.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Stephanie1373 »

I loved that movie and the books! I heard there could be a sequel to the first movie but that was back in 2016 and haven’t heard anything since. It’s disappointing because they could fit so much more information in the second movie. The books are fabulous! I definitely recommend the read if you’re looking for more details between scenes, situations and character buildup.

Return to “Films and Books”