The Hunger Games Films

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Vanessabrielle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: The Hunger Games Films

Post by Vanessabrielle »

Loved each book and movie, but I will say I enjoyed the books much more. The movies left out/changed many things written in the books.
When I read the first book of the Hunger Games series I was hooked. When I was reading, I could imagine all the scenes in my head as if I had seen it before. These books have such an interesting story with very relatable characters.
Even though I always look forward to watch all the Hunger Game movies, I still believe the books were better. This is how I feel about most books compared to movies. Being able to read the emotions, thoughts, and feelings make the stories more real for me.
Cara Van Heerden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0

Post by Cara Van Heerden »

I enjoyed the movies, especially the first and second movies. But I don't think the third and fourth movies come even close to how good the books are. The books are written in first person so you get to read how Katniss is feeling about what is happening. And that makes it so much more impactful.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis
Midnight07

Post by Midnight07 »

Am certain the book is better than the movie.. the book explains more deeply. I understood some parts in the book that was sort of confusing me in the book.. you should read this book it's brilliant.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

I enjoyed the first part of the movie and found myself distracted watching the second. I think the book is much better than the movie specially when it comes to this series as it lets your imagination run wild. :techie-studyingbrown:
Think outside of the books.
Jeniecia_jae

Post by Jeniecia_jae »

I enjoyed reading all of the books but of course when the movie came out a lot of the details were cut out and lost. As the series went on the movies did not get better, so when the last movie finally came out it almost seemed rushed and I don’t feel it was executed properly. But the books were truly amazing and I would definitely recommend it it to anyone.
Topsail1006

Post by Topsail1006 »

I enjoyed all the books and also the movies. The books are better and I think most people would rather read about some of the incidents than actually see it in the movies, for instance the killing of children. The stories are fictional, however it gives you something to think about. The may not be so far from what could happen in reality.
Evie_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evie-123.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Evie_123 »

The books were very good. Especially in audio! Also, I'm a big fan of the movies!
elderwand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 565

Post by elderwand »

The movies were very good, but I think the books were even better.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I have read all the books and watched all the movies and honestly they are both fantastic. Although, there are a few extra scenes, particularly in catching fire that are my favourite that just are not present in the movie adaption, so I would definitely recommend reading the books!
soccerts
Favorite Book: Farenheit 451
Currently Reading: Theory of Colours
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerts.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by soccerts »

I read the first two books (the third one hadn't been released yet when I read them) and loved them. They are absolutely fantastic books! I also watched the first two movies, and while they did a really great job, they still don't hold a candle to the films.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I haven't read the books but I can say for sure that the movies are extremely good. You should watch them
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Chandel87

Post by Chandel87 »

I loved the book series and the movies of hunger games. The movies were great because they stuck ver very closely to the book , which a lot of book to movies don’t do all that often. To me ther is nothing worse then reading a book falling in love with it and then having it change in the movie or leave out huge details.
Highly recommend reading this series.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I like the films better. May be it is a Jennifer Lawrence thing. I didnt like writing style in the books though.
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

The books offer a more in-depth look at the world Collins has created. The characters, setting descriptions, and emotions of the characters are felt in the books. Don't get me wrong, the films are fantastic, but to truly appreciate the greatness of the Hunger Games world, dive into the books as soon as possible.
Spencer Mack
Jasmine_Love

Post by Jasmine_Love »

The Hunger Games books were by the far the best books I've ever read. But I personally prefer the movies. In the movies the main characters Peta and Katniss were portrayed well, especially in Catching Fire

Return to “Films and Books”