The Hunger Games Films

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Re: The Hunger Games Films

Post by Atara Miles »

The movie left out major plot points (they seem to always do) but wrapped up the ending in a much more tasteful way than the books and in a way I think most fans are satisfied with. I always think it's better to try out both versions. The cast and crew did not disappoint though, so I think watching the films is a must.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I feel like these books are and forever will be a guilty pleasure for me but I also really like the movies. I definitely think the books are way better than the movies, though I really love the lead actors in the movies as well.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I didn't read the book version either, but I only liked up to the first two movies.
DianaMich
Favorite Book: Seeker 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianamich.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by DianaMich »

In my opinion the books are definitely better. I watched the movies and they are great, I really enyojed them but in the books you always get to know more things about the world they live in and their relashionships. Plus on the final book there was a chapter that I would have loved to see on the movies but unfortunatly they shoted it diferently.
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

I remember reading The Hunger Games as a junior in high school in my book club. I thought it was spectacular. I knew right after I read it that it would make an amazing movie. The books are great and the movies are great. It’s hard for me to choose between the book and the movie. They’re both two different forms of entertainment. What translates in a book, may not translate on screen.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

In my opinion I don't like any of the books. The book I dislike the least is the last one, and that's because of the lack of the Hunger Games. It felt like there were stakes and I liked the ending and how it was written. (I'm talking about the VERY ending.) I've only seen the first movie, and that's much more than enough. The Hunger Games itself in the movie is done so poorly. It's done with a GoPro being flailed around that it's impossible to see anything that's happening. I know I'm alone on this one, but I do not like the Hunger Games. Sorry.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Maggie MacLaren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-maclaren.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Maggie MacLaren »

While I was happily surprised by each of the films and how close they attempted to stay to the inspiration, I of course find the books to be superior. I don't think I've ever seen a movie-book duo where the movie outshines the book, but this series definitely came close. The attention to detail is what does it for me, although the missing aspects (Madge especially) make the books forever my favs. Although I'm not sure which I would prefer if I saw the movies before reading the books.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I loved the books, more than the movies. Obviously, authors have more freedom to expand storylines than you do with movies. I was impressed at how well the adaptation was, considering that the books were written in the first person.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

In fact, I prefer books, although the movies weren't too bad. They are very good movies, but compared to books, I don't think there can be a comparison.
Sabahat Kamran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabahat-kamran.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sabahat Kamran »

I defiantly recommend reading the books if you enjoyed the movies. Whilst I did enjoy the movies I think the books would have fit better as a television series on Netflix or something.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I never read the books, but I watched the movies. I loved them!
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

Although I believe that the books are better, the films are also excellent. My favorite is the first because I enjoy stories that begin with a bang. In the first film, I believe they did the finest job of portraying the book.

Return to “Films and Books”