What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by RebeccasReading »

The Disaster Artist and I give it 4/4 stars! It was fantastic--so funny and poignant. And you don't need to have seen The Room to appreciate it.
ReadABook2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ReadABook2018 »

I just saw the Post. It was really good. Meryl Streep was exceptional and so was Tom Hanks. They really captured the mood.
ReadABook2018

Post by ReadABook2018 »

I just saw 3 Billboards. Fran was great as the main character. Woody Harrilson really captured what a small town police chief would act like. I would rank those 2 as 8's. Also, the supporting cast really captured what a small town would be like. It had their bigots, their good town folks and both good and bad police.
Kdetuzzi03
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdetuzzi03.html
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

Post by Kdetuzzi03 »

The Shack (2017)

Starring Sam Worthington and Octavia Spencer.

10 out 10 Stars

This movie was brilliantly made. It makes you feel so many emotions. Anger, love, sadness and hope. It is a real eye opening movie that makes you think and wonder.

The cast is amazing. I adore Octavia Spencer to begin with.
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter
Poet0113
Currently Reading: The Lightning Theif
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B01LYLAALJ

Post by Poet0113 »

I saw Thor Ragnarok a few days ago. I'm not normally into superhero movies but it was really funny and grabbed my attention. I haven't seen the second Thor movie but I did see the first one.
ebriana1112

Post by ebriana1112 »

In The Name of The King!

I rate it 7.5
The movie is supposed to be great for me if they added screenwriter's reak finishing touch. I've waited that Fatmer would be known King to all and woukd have proper coronation but it only ended when the villain died.
Moreno99

Post by Moreno99 »

The last movie I saw was Lord of the Rings , the fellowship of the ring and I absolutely enjoy the story and the characters are exciting and emotional haunting in a sort of way . All lord of the ring movies are good.

I rate it 10
HarrisonDavies
Currently Reading: The Aduramis Chronicles: The Definitive Collection
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by HarrisonDavies »

Hello everyone. I’m new in these parts. I r just seen Valerian and the city of a thousand planets.

The lead actors are sadly unbelievable and there was a sense that I was missing something.

A skinny late teen, early 20's supposed soldier fell through several floors and was unscathed. Give me a break.

There was an unease that is missed the background for these characters.

The story didn't flow for me.

It was a shame as the visuals were stunning.
Secnirp
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Secnirp »

A Cute for Wellness. It's a strange movie and there's a lot of huge leeches.The doctor farm leeches inside the institution. And they let it inside the patients bodies. SCARY!!! But there a little love story on it. Not bad.
DaisySmile
Currently Reading: The World Walker
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by DaisySmile »

I saw the shape of water and I must say the creature was very cool to look at but the bad guy was so so over the top, he was a bully and so he bullied others. Also the relationship between the woman and the creature was thought provoking as she could feel such love for it but at the same time it couldn't love her the same way. Spoilers, I'm referring to a moment when the women "sings" in a imaginary dance sequence and while shes waxing poetic the creature was peeling hard boiled egg. 4 out of 5 stars
jaylperry
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaylperry.html
Latest Review: The Polygrapher by Dohn Jagster (Pseudonym)

Post by jaylperry »

I saw "The Last Jedi" and it was okay. The scene with Yoda kind of ruined it for me, though. It was a little too campy. There was no resolution to Rey's parentage. Skywalker was too earnest. Ren was too emo. I'd say 7/10.
“A book, too, can be a star, ‘explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,’ a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”
– Madeleine L’Engle
Preshy207

Post by Preshy207 »

I watched a Nigerian movie, titled: "THE VISIT" the movie was bordered mostly on relationship as a couple, two couples cohabiting in the same compound, one living a very strict and patterned lifestyle, while the other take life as it comes, this making the first to look down on the latter,in the long run secrets were dugg up among those couples, and the well patterned couple were found with lot of secrets that will keep there marriage broken forever.
ang0610

Post by ang0610 »

The last movie l just saw is Maze runner: Death Cure it was awesome graphics but still the thomas is the cure to end wicked, Teresa died for thomas to save and to the rest of the world to be save. 😊😊😊 It was great and great adventure for thomas and friends ..
Chiara_fernando
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiara-fernando.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Chiara_fernando »

The last movie I watched is the Maze Runner: The Death Cure. I actually don't have a plan to watch the movie since I already read the book (Although it's like ages ago). It's a lame day and I don't even have a plan to take a bath, when my bestfriends texted me that they want to watch the movie! And so I ended up watching it.

Although, it differs on some part from the book, I enjoyed it!

One of my bestfriend? Well, he cannot stop whining about the last part of the movie! :D
Rica Belle
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rica Belle »

I just watched Maze Runner: The Death Cure and it was pretty awesome! Though some scenes were changed as comparedd to the book, but the movie gives it all! Experience thrill, romance and the power of friendship with this one! It's a must watch ❤ Rating? It's a 10 out of 10!

Return to “Films and Books”