What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
ObianujuJane
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obianujujane.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by ObianujuJane »

YAREDA ETHIO wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 03:52 I saw Monster Hunter yesterday, and i was really enjoyed it.

That movie was insane... With giant monstrous animals everywhere making that sphere inhabitable. Loved the end and the friendship forged. Hated the way the captain crew died though.

Loved the chocolate scene.
chinaappleamui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by chinaappleamui »

I just saw the new Tom and Jerry movie. I really liked how they integrated the animation and live setting/actors. It reminded me of movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Now, for anyone who saw the original Tom and Jerry movie (cartoon) that one had a much better story. Yes, Tom and Jerry had to work together for the greater good but I liked the plot twists of that movie since it involved a real story (someone gets kidnapped and it's up to them to save the girl!). The new movie is basically taken place at a hotel where Jerry tries to live in and Tom tries to find the "mouse" the staff is trying to get rid of. During this time we have staff getting ready for a celebrity wedding that has to be just perfect.

I rate it 6 out of 10.
Moira15
Currently Reading: The Liar's Key
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moira15.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Post by Moira15 »

Over a course of a few the I watched many movies with Tom Hiddleston. If you want an everyday love story about two opposite personalities with the side effects and elements of the vampire life I recommend Only lovers left alive, it was a 10 out of 10 for me.
luckyjack
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by luckyjack »

Coming to America 2, meh it was ok'ish.
Intel
Favorite Author: Sarah Dessen
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
fav_author_id: 3879

Post by Intel »

The last movie I saw was 'The Family' featuring Robert De Niro, Michelle Phifer, and many other notable actors and actresses. At first it seemed like a unique twist on a mafia based movie, however, after watching it twice, the choice of words and even the way the characters jump from the script bring perspectives I wasn't accustomed to.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

I just saw the social dilemma, and honestly I feel like the fact that we get to see the side from those that created it is amazing, that people are trying to change what they did, they feel remorseful for the chaos there is now in the world, is great. Some lines were a little cringe, but over all it was highly interesting.
vannza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannza.html
Latest Review: In Hindsight by Sharon Bonanno and Lisa Scott

Post by vannza »

The last movie I watch was Inception released in 2010. Over a decade after its release did I watch it and I regret not watching this gem sooner. It's a sci-fi, adventure, action-packed, mystery movie. It's about Leonardo DiCaprio (Dom Cobb) who is a thief and he is able to enter people's dreams and steal their secrets from their subconscious.

Reflecting on the plot and reading other people's forums I think there were some plot holes in the story but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

Overall, it was a great movie and I highly recommend it. I rate it four out of four.
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

The Trial of the Chicago 7.

Great actors and a great story. I think it deserves the Oscar.
MarveeAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marveeaman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MarveeAman »

"The Dressmaker". It is an amazing movie with amazing performances, based on the novel of the same name by Rosalie Ham.
talli_5
Currently Reading: Royal Assassin
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by talli_5 »

Devil All the Time

A great movie with an amazing cast and plot. Truly a work of art, as a film student I really hope to write something that can impact people as much as this film did me.

10 out of 10
Paige125
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Paige125 »

The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity

Everything about this movie was perfect in my opinion. Cast, Story line, Costume, special effect, cinematography, fight choreography etc.

i rate it 10 out of 10
Last edited by Paige125 on 25 Mar 2021, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

I saw Django Unchained. It is a good film and entertaining. I have rewatched it multiple times.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

I don't really remember the last movie I watched but I have been watching a series called Fringe. It's an old series but it's very interesting. It about investigation of weird science events called Fringe events and also the existence of an alternate universe. I rate it 8 out of 10.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

Parahiyo wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 08:41 I saw Django Unchained. It is a good film and entertaining. I have rewatched it multiple times.
I enjoyed this movie a lot too✔️👌
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

Almost paradise.Great and captivating.
Rating-10.

Return to “Films and Books”