What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
chamomile
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by chamomile »

Recently watched Into the Spiderverse in theatres and it was so pretty! The art style and animation was awesome (obviously well thought out), it's too bad I only managed front row seats so I couldn't catch it in all its glory. Between character interactions and the humour, I really want more of this movie-- like, I really desperately want a sequel to happen.

Also watched Disney's A Christmas Carol for some holiday spirit!
Simply anslem
Currently Reading: The Middle Ages

Post by Simply anslem »

I just posted a reply but can't find it....well, I saw a couple of films yesterday, I saw bird box which I loved so much,in the film they had to blindfold themselves because something was making everyone commit suicide when they see it,the film is about a woman taking two children in a boat to find refuge,they all had to be blindfolded to prevent them from killing themselves, some people where inflected by the creature, they could see it and forced every other person to see it,leading them to their deaths like a lamb to the slaughter.
kyri45
Currently Reading: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by kyri45 »

Spiderman into the spider-verse.
I am amazed on hom much effort the sony's animators have put in this movie to make it look as stunning as it is! It's like an animated comic!
The plot per se it's simple, but the characters chemistry is the one who do the work. A movie great forl all the family, but there are still some fight scene and flasback i wouldn't reccomend on children younger than 6 years old.
WARNING: this movie is absolutly NOT reccomended for epileptics
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

The last movie I saw was Avengers: Infinity War. I know I'm late, but I had to do a bit of Marvel-movie catching up! And, as I've seen all the other movies, I found this last Avengers less exciting than the others (even while I found it highly entertaining! I love action movies). I craved a bit more interaction between groups of characters and familiar, yet upgraded, combo attacks! I was disappointed, but I still enjoyed the movie enough to look forward to the coming installment.
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
NANCI_KEITH

Post by NANCI_KEITH »

theres this movie called 'lacasa de papel' in english its called money heist i mean this is the movie of the year,,,, 😍😍😍,it has alot of suspence,exitment,mystries and its very entertaining. I think i fell in love once more.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

nwaezeihechukwu wrote: 07 May 2018, 00:55 Let's see here the last movie I saw was the black panther, cool and interesting movie with all the tech and all, rate it complete 10 out of 10
The movie is truly interesting. I have also watched and it is one of the movies that I watch and decide to keep it.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The movie I last watched and really liked it was 'Hard Target 2'. I do not know when it was released but I really liked it. It is one of those movies that you can comfortably watch with anyone. Its rating is definitely 4 out of 4 stars.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
NaturePhotographer
Currently Reading: Passion Capital
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by NaturePhotographer »

This month I attended the D.C. film premiere of “On the Basis of Sex” a biopic based on the early life of Justice Ginsburg. The event was held at the National Archives. It was an entertaining evening filled with music, food and a Q&A with Justice Ginsburg as well as actors Felicity Jones, Armie Hammer, and Justin Theroux, director Mimi Leder and writer Daniel Stiepleman. The highlight of the evening may have been when we were looking at the Constitution and turned around to see a group waiting for us to finish and it was the movie’s stars!

The film is amazing, the photography is really well done, and Felicity Jones is great as a young Justice Ginsburg. The film is so good I plan to see it in the theater. I highly recommend.
Ayeessa_23

Post by Ayeessa_23 »

“Bird Box”

It’s about survival but the twist is they are blind folded. I don’t want to spoil everyone about the movie but it is said to be one of the most watched in Netflix history in one week.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Monkey King 2
It is a good Chinese Movie. It is mostly fantasy and fiction but I enjoyed it a lot especially the dilemma between the monk and the monkey king when it came to decision-making. Both would think they were correct in their own senses and this could cause chaos.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Zpooma

Post by Zpooma »

The last movie I watched was the, Avengers... Infinity war. It was quite a tough film combining many different actors and actresses from different movies. I like the action in that film but I hate the fact that the huge guy gathered all the rings and killed half the people of the world.
isaac adamtey

Post by isaac adamtey »

my last movie was also the avengers
Yuripititzi
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Yuripititzi »

kyri45 wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 03:16 Spiderman into the spider-verse.
I am amazed on hom much effort the sony's animators have put in this movie to make it look as stunning as it is! It's like an animated comic!
The plot per se it's simple, but the characters chemistry is the one who do the work. A movie great forl all the family, but there are still some fight scene and flasback i wouldn't reccomend on children younger than 6 years old.
WARNING: this movie is absolutly NOT reccomended for epileptics
Spider man into the spider-verse is also the last movie I've watched, and I agree, it is amazing the work the writers and animators did for the movie. I absolutely enjoyed watching it
lablabpadilla0920

Post by lablabpadilla0920 »

Well, I just watched "Bird Box" which genre is horror and sci-fi. This movie is spectacular, you guys should watch it. This movie talks about survival but not being able to use your vision, surviving this way is completely hard. Have you watched it already?
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

The House with a Clock in Its Walls
4 out of 4 stars, I totally love it! Still I don't know why so many adults hate it for being silly, it is kid-friendly horror! Did they expect it to be like Saw movie series?

Return to “Films and Books”