What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Rebeccaa9501
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Rebeccaa9501 »

The latest movie I have watched just last night was mamma Mia, here we go again am a bit of a movie buff always watching leanest it was a very good film love the singing but can’t beat original I give it a 8 out of 10
Nei_reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nei-reads.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nei_reads »

Oh god, the last movie I watched mentally scarred me. It was Avengers:Infinity War and anyone who's a Marvel fan would know how absolutely devastating it felt to go through those three hours of emotional torture.

I'd rate it a good 9/10. Definitely recommend it (if you havent watched it yet). Why? Because its heartbreaking.
bluejacket57305
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bluejacket57305 »

Just watch Skyscraper. Does not really meet up to my expectation....just the same action movie with difference background and others things and CGI works...and the plot was too weak i thinks....just flow with the movie in the cinema...not really recommended to watch on cinema...ratings 2.5/5.
Rica2196

Post by Rica2196 »

The latest movie I watched was "The tuxedo", a Jacki Chan film. Honestly at first I though it would be a goody feel movie but along the way I find myself not enjoying the movie partly because I felt like I wasn't a kid anymore. As a kid I find every action or Jackie Chan movie interesting but as an adult I quite find the plot too unrealistic. Also the pace of the movie is fast that you don't see the characters growth. All in all I'll rate the movie 4/10. I still love Jackie though.
Pendowanjau15
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pendowanjau15.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Pendowanjau15 »

The last movie I watched was Lion king 2. I think I have watched like a thousand times. It still gets me every time Simba dies. If you have't watched it, I would definitely recommend it. For me that is a 9/10 movie.
rhonix

Post by rhonix »

The latest movie I saw was The Antman and the Wasp. The movie was okay but it lacks the climax essence. I didn't feel the excitement from start to finish. It was too ordinary. It was like being immediately in the middle part of the story where all the talking and explaining happens.
calypsochance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypsochance.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by calypsochance »

The Virgin Suicides: 10/10
The most depressing movie I have ever seen! I ordered the book and I can't wait to read it!
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

Wild starring Reece Witherspoon. Great actress. What are we rating it by?! 4 out of 4 stars.
AvidReader128
Currently Reading:

Post by AvidReader128 »

Two days ago we saw Equalizer 2. Denzel Washington is always a guaranteed good watch. He was not disappointing but the first Equalizer was better because of the element of surprise. You think he is just a laid back big box store employee. In reality he's a retired government agent with killer fighting skills. The second film you already know what he is capable of, but still good action. One really good scene is when he's talking with a young man who is about to make unwise decisions with his life. You really believe Denzel would talk to someone and care to pull someone up who is going down a wrong path. I would rate the movie above average.
Chandler_Greg
Currently Reading: Beneath the Kauri Tree
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandler-greg.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Chandler_Greg »

My kids have grown up and I miss the days when they would do things with me. We went to see Incredibles 2 together. I thanked them for coming since I'd feel a little weird going to a kid's movie alone. My daughter went with me to see Jurassic World 2. She had watched the previous incarnations with me at home on DVD. It was fun seeing the old films together, and now watching the sequels.
Jonida
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonida.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jonida »

I saw : Legend with Tom Hardy. Great movie.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

The Greatest Showman. Everyone needs to watch this - it's so inspirational! The songs are amazing and the meaning of the movie is so good. Definitely ten out of ten stars. I cried so many times during the movie. This movie is so underrated. They should have won more awards in my opinion.
lab0322

Post by lab0322 »

i just watch insidiuos 3 and it never fails to make me shock and scream. That is why I really love it.
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

I just watched The First Purge. It did not hold up to the prior movies and it seems like they have stretched the idea too far.
PABS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pabs.html
Latest Review: This Side of Paradise: the Religious World of Elijah Muhammad by Curtis J. Tilleraas

Post by PABS »

I watched (for the 5th time) The Name of the Rose. It is a very respectful adaptation of the Umberto's Eco's book. It is superbly done.

Return to “Films and Books”