What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Graceia
Currently Reading: Do a Little Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-graceia.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Graceia »

'The Wedding' - it is exemplary
samjen23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by samjen23 »

“Annihilation”. Thought it was really good. Better than the book, which is unusual for me.
starry118
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by starry118 »

Black Panther was the last movie I watched. I went to see it at the IMAX theatre, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I usually stay for credits anyway, but made it a point to do so for this movie, after hearing about the additional scenes. I give it 4.5/5, and am eagerly awaiting upcoming sequels.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I've just seen a film called Dark River . If I said it was about child abuse, that would make it seem much narrower and uglier than it is - but it does centre on a character haunted by memories of her father's abuse, and a brother broken by witnessing and being, in a way, complicit in what went on. Grim, but also uplifting.
tvess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by tvess »

I saw Red Sparrow. I didn't have particularly high expectations, but it was still disappointing. I'd recommend Atomic Blonde instead for a good female spy movie.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

I last The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan, and his movies never fail to disappoint. I love the stunts and storyline is also cool.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

The last movie I saw was Black Panther. I thought it was really good. The beginning was slow but then it picks up. The whole time watching that movie, I picked it being a Disney ride in Animal Kingdom. I give this movie three out of four stars.
Lynsaysamson31
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynsaysamson31.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lynsaysamson31 »

Last night I watched the new Murder on the Orient Express. I loved it, definitely recommend and give 4 out of 4 stars 😀
It stuck true to the book by Agatha Christie from what I remember, it's been quite a few years since I read the book! The all star cast was great too.
Lynsaysamson31
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynsaysamson31.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lynsaysamson31 »

Last night I watched the new Murder on the Orient Express. I loved it, definitely recommend and give 4 out of 4 stars 😀
It stuck true to the book by Agatha Christie from what I remember, it's been quite a few years since I read the book! The all star cast was great too.
lafriedasmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by lafriedasmith »

The last movie I saw was "Death Wish", it was very good. Bruce Willis did a good job with portraying the character from the Charles Bronson movies!
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

The last movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes. I really enjoyed his detective prowess, and his lackadaisical attitude to living a social life.
I'll rate it 4 out of 5 stars
Tsilva4

Post by Tsilva4 »

Its the movie Star wars the last jedi..

It was really interesting, i had to finish my house chores before watching the movie. The fiction and everything was captivating . I'll rate 4.5 out of 5.
Abeer_99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abeer_99 »

The last movie that i saw was black panther. Honestly i am really happy some of the actors there were from kenya. :D
The movie was literally on fire a huge bombshell of awesome and fantastic :D
I rate a 4 out of 5!
shauna1978

Post by shauna1978 »

by Shauna 100

the very last move i seen was black panther. and i was supper happy to see it and i am going to get it win it comes out to buy would love to go see it agine my kids love it and went's the move so i think we are going to get it
rapmonion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by rapmonion »

The last movie I watched is The Greatest Showman featuring Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, and Zendeya. I give it a solid 10/10 because of the amazing cinematography, music, acting, dancing-- everything! The cast is phenomenal. The plot is not extravagant but not lacking either. It showed several struggles of the characters but the main theme is accepting who you really are despite other people's opinion of you. This can be clearly seen in the 'main attractions' of P.T Barnum's show. Their peculiarities made them cast offs from people and they struggled to be accepted. P.T Barnum struggled with this as well but it was towards his in-laws. The whole movie wraps up in a beautiful scene of singing and dancing of all characters.

Return to “Films and Books”