What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Syaakiirroh
Currently Reading: The Diary of a snoopy cat
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syaakiirroh.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Syaakiirroh »

The latest movie I watched was Geostorm. Loved the secret codes the bothers made when they were teenagers

9/10 for Geostorm
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

The most recent movie I saw was Despicable Me 3. I loved this movie and I realized out of CGI movies I have enjoyed all 3 movies in the series equally. Compared to my opinion of other movies having sequels, where I could easily choose a favorite among them.
Sakilunamermaid

Jessie118 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 22:42 I believe the last movie I watched, or at least the movie that was most memorable, was "A Dogs Purpose". This was such an adorable movie that made me laugh and cry and just wanting so much more! There was so much emotion and creativity in this film. I rented it not expecting much and soon found myself sobbing. I can easily give this movie an 8/10. It was so sweet and family friendly, perfect for watching with loved ones.
I cried at 3 or 4 different points during this movie. It was especially sad since my mom's boyfriend's dog had passed away around the same time. I'm definitely glad that I gave this movie a chance as well.
Sakilunamermaid

givemeyrstory wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 11:55 Hi fellow readers/movie watchers.

I am currently watching the series, (BoardWalk Empire). Season 1-2.
Its very well done, there are various stories happening that lick together the whole subject of the Prohibition period in this series, of the 1920s and 30s. Lucky Thompson, the main character seems to quietly and cleverly hold things together in his successful platform of control of the underground business world in the story. Your imagination is teased enough to know what is happening as the wheels of deals are made and not made,
as the various bosses try to collect territory in the different states of America. There is a strong
domestic treat running through the series, in that its complex flavour draws you in for more as the storyline moves along. You will need to watch a few times, and will pick different things along the way.
Hope you get the enjoyment as I did and still do in this series, 1-2 box set is recommended . Thanks! 10/10 :tiphat:
HBO definitely knows how to draw you into the worlds that they create. Such a great show!
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Lost in Paris. Nice and funny. A movie to relax to, but not one with cheap humor.
13karolreads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 13karolreads »

Phantom Thread.
Godmother23

Post by Godmother23 »

Coco. Was not thrilled with it.
Nana Kweku
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Nana Kweku »

The last movie was The Shawshank Redemption. It is an interesting movie, at first i thought it would be boring starting with a jealous drunk lover with a gun and then a court house, but then the movie got me not to leave my seat when the jealous drunk lover was sentenced to double life sentence and also seeing Morgan Freeman in movie made it all enjoying and thrilling.
Lopermann88
Currently Reading: The Stand
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Lopermann88 »

Lucky, which was Harry Dean Stanton’s last movie before he passed, and he was fantastic in it. This movie is so much different from what I was expecting, but I really loved it. It was slow paced, but enjoyable to watch. Highly recommend.
book worm1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by book worm1 »

Jumanji. Very funny! Not as dark as the first movie.
Greg_Seebregts
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greg-seebregts.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Greg_Seebregts »

Just got Jason Bourne on dvd over this past weekend definitely a 4 out of 4 marks in my opinion.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
kabanda
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by kabanda »

:) :) the last movie i saw is Apocalipto and i rate it 7.9
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

Today I watched The Fault in Our Stars for the third time since its release 😅 some people love to bash this film but those people clearly have no heart - I'm in a constant state of weeping for the entire second half of the film and no other story has that effect on me. Love it. 4/4.
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

book worm1 wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 22:26 Jumanji. Very funny! Not as dark as the first movie.
Thought this film was a blast! It certainly doesnt have the emotional weight of the first behind it (Robin Williams is unbeatable and his character's arc is heartbreaking) but I was pleasantly surprised. Jack Black and the Rock stole the show. 3/4
X3-+a+
Currently Reading:

Post by X3-+a+ »

The last Jedi was interesting but it seems as though they are searching for an avenue that can bring the series back to life. New heroes are emerging but they have lost the humor concealed in the plots of the last hope.

Return to “Films and Books”