What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Mihra Shorey
Currently Reading: The Chemist
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mihra-shorey.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Mihra Shorey »

Went to a movie theater last Friday with my husband for the release of Unsane. It's a horror/psychological thriller. We both enjoyed it. The stalker situation was scary! The movie isn't for people who are easily frightened. I'm a huge horror movie fan so I don't scare easily but I do find the more realistic movies to be the scariest compared to something that's a bit more paranormal or sci-fi.
Maylisha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maylisha.html

Post by Maylisha »

It was Mr and Mrs Smith with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. It was a beautiful movie. the Actors were famous!
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Of course, "Black Panther!" Not more to state than 3 out of 4 stars.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Blanca417
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Blanca417 »

I Can Only Imagine
What an amazing story. Based on a song written by the lead singer of the Christian band, Mercy Me, and now this is the story behind the song.
The song alone is amazing, deep, and inspirational. Since the song first launched it made a big impact to me because it made me realize and bought to my forfront of understanding or even questioning the same thing the song projects. And it was tremendous and still is, and now the movie gives it more life, if you will. It's a must see, I know it will touch your life.
Great movie.
samjen23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by samjen23 »

Samisah wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 13:01 I last The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan, and his movies never fail to disappoint. I love the stunts and storyline is also cool.
I really liked that one too. It was a more emotional role for Chan. Thought he was very good in it.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

The last movie I saw was "Knight" which made my day full of joy. The movie is full of mysterious events and horror I thereby rate 4 out of 4 stars.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
JTF_2000

Post by JTF_2000 »

I Saw “ I can Only Imagine” this past weekend. As a Christian, I really enjoyed the movie . The whole idea of an abusive monstrous father abandoning his child at first is a good plot line, and there’s a twist when he is ( sadly) diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He then consults the Bible for answers and how to be a better person, and God changes him . He does pass away but his son, Bart, imagines what it’s like in heaven .
Overall, I give it a 4/5 or a 9/10
j-rojas2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by j-rojas2018 »

I saw "Breathe" yesterdeay with my wife, It was a very good movie in my opinion, it reminds me a little of "Me Before You" I think. I'd say that It's a 4 of 5
Hermione101

Post by Hermione101 »

The last movie i ever watched was harry potter and the goblet of fire (i'm re-reading the series for the 4rth time) really enjoyed it, very thrilling and will put you at the edge wanting more.I have no problem giving the movie a 10/10.
trishtucker

Post by trishtucker »

I saw "Black Panther" in Atlanta 2 weeks ago, I was visiting my Sister...It was a new experience for me, first of all you could eat dinner while watching the movie, it was expensive, but worth every penny.
Ernie6988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernie6988.html

Post by Ernie6988 »

Last movie in a theater was Star wars. It was not as good as the Original. I was kinda disappointed.
Aituaje
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aituaje.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Aituaje »

The last movie I saw was A Wrinkle in Time . I liked the original better; in the remake, it seemed like they were trying a bit too hard to be creative and it came off as excessive. Plus, the remake didn't stick to the storyline as much and it emphasized the less exciting parts of the book. The original was a balanced representation of the entire book while the remake selected a few scenes to emphasize and filled in the rest with traveling, talking, and other boring activities.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

The last movie I saw in theatres was Wonder Woman. I really enjoyed this movie, although some of the metal screeching sound effects were a bit hard on the ears. I gave it a 5/5 because the plot was incredible, and I loved the fact that the Wonder Woman story was woven into a truly historical context. I never read the original comics, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Biigggg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Biigggg »

The movie is bat man the dark night rises, it's a good movie, as Bruce Wayne lost everything to Bayne and Daggett, Bruce was put into a prison, that had a huge hole, he had to rise from hell to claim what rightfully belonged to him, it really inspired me.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Mihra Shorey wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 09:11 Went to a movie theater last Friday with my husband for the release of Unsane. It's a horror/psychological thriller. We both enjoyed it. The stalker situation was scary! The movie isn't for people who are easily frightened. I'm a huge horror movie fan so I don't scare easily but I do find the more realistic movies to be the scariest compared to something that's a bit more paranormal or sci-fi.
Ooh, I want to see this! I keep seeing the previews. And I agree about when movies are more realistic . . . definitely a little more sinister. My skin crawls a tiny bit more.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders

Return to “Films and Books”