What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
WordSharp.net
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by WordSharp.net »

Stinkin' Fascist wrote:I have never heard of that one, haha, checking it out now though.
Goodbye Lenin is pretty funny. It's about an older communist German lady who goes into a coma before the Berlin wall comes down. The whole country changes. When she wakes up, her doctor tells her son not to let her get excited. He's forced to make everything in her little world look like the old communist society.
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Stinkin' Fascist wrote:The Invisible, which I just watched again last night, isn't so bad for a thriller. I love the twist of character for Annie and Nick as well from seeing her life.
I love The Invisible!!! I cant find anyone else that's seen that at all... i should have thought of you because of course you would have.
I didnt see it as a thriller at all but i'm extremely fond of this movie.
I could talk about this movie all day but i think i'll save some members from "vanishing" by shutting up about it now.

The Remains Of The Day... eh.. it was alright...
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Hahaha, I love The Invisible!!!
When Chris said he hadn't seen it... Unacceptable. I went and rented it immediately!
It was an emotional thriller haha.
As oddly fitting as that is...

Never seen that one... Soon enough.

It's taking me a year and a century to finish Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...
I started 2:17am yesterday and I'm still not finished. It is now... 1:19am here haha.

After that, since I'm really in the foreign and classics mood, suggestions?

Oh Dum! I watched A Very Long Engagement!!! Absolutely fantastic!
I just love her acting as well as the time piece and other characters; I also thought it was amusing that much of the cast were part of the central cast of Amelie.

Haha, I watched Priceless (also with Audrey Tautou) and thoroughly enjoyed it, haha, but I do like Amelie better. She looks good with long, well, longer hair than normal haha.

I think District 9 is up on my list soon, and Tank Girl comes in the mail today, but again, classic suggestions yeah?
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Watched 'The Infidel' last night & had a great laugh ... about a British Muslin who discovers his birth father was Jewish.

Anyone else got an opinion on it?
Stinkin' Fascist

Haha, that sounds great.
I've just added it to my list.
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

Stinkin' Fascist wrote:Tweedle Dum we've found another Audrey Tautou fan!
I'm so amazed!!!
She seriously is just fantastic! I love French movies anyways... So who cares about reading subtitles, haha, I do even if it's English.

The Invisible, which I just watched again last night, isn't so bad for a thriller. I love the twist of character for Annie and Nick as well from seeing her life.
I love Audrey Tautou!!! I saw Amelie, but I would love to see more of her films. What would you recommend?
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

Mairin- Amelie was priceless... I love it!
A Very Long Engagment was incredible.
He Loves Me He Loves Me Not is also a favorite. (Thank you Dee...)
I'm just now starting with my love of French films and actors. Audrey's amazing and i plan on watching all of her movies soon, hopefully you as well.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Saw Scream 2 lastnight again on the Comedy Channel (why is a horror on a comedy channel!)- its still good fun but it drags a lot in the middle compared to the original Scream but it still stands as a good sequel- i thought the third Scream was awful and they are actually making a Scream 4, due for release in April 2011, starring Neve Campbell and Courtney Cox again, who must be in their late 60's by now and surely too old to be running from masked killers? Maybe THAT is a movie for the comedy channel. :lol:
You only live once.....so live!
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Paranormal Activity 2- 6.5 out of 10, pretty much similar to the original but i found it not as scary and actually quite funny in some scenes (albeit unintentional)- putting a german shepard dog in a horror movie was a great touch! In the whole movie i probably only jumped only once ( a daytime scene!) but it was a nice enough effort, im not a bit scared though think im dead inside at this point, thanks v much Mr King :roll:
You only live once.....so live!
Tip the Bottle

Post by Tip the Bottle »

StephenKingman wrote:Paranormal Activity 2- 6.5 out of 10, pretty much similar to the original but i found it not as scary and actually quite funny in some scenes (albeit unintentional)- putting a german shepard dog in a horror movie was a great touch! In the whole movie i probably only jumped only once ( a daytime scene!) but it was a nice enough effort, im not a bit scared though think im dead inside at this point, thanks v much Mr King :roll:
I just saw this one over the weekend as well. I was glad to see there was a bit more to this one other than staring at a door wondering if it was going to move. There were a few moments that I jumped but most of the time it was because I was staring at the screen so intently looking for movement I wasn't expecting a long bang or thump. I did like how the director tied the two movies together.
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

I just watched Braveheart for the first time and loved it... aww....
Stinkin' Fascist

Haha, you could also watch Priceless with Audrey Tautou in it...
She takes advantage of rich geisers and ends up falling in love with a poor/average guy that started the same after her.

Haha, Paranormal was funny and so not scary at all.
Man, I wouldn't have turned the tea kettle off, I would have left it and worried for if it shut off abruptly!

Yes!
Hahaha, I did like the touch of a daytime scene though! Good addition, the dog was sad though... Haha.

Haha, I just watched Braveheart too!
What the F is going on?
All watching the same things!!!

Tank Girl was amusing though, haha.
I watched Marie Antoinette and Gamer yesterday too though.
Roomy

Post by Roomy »

American history X
6/8 raiting :)
Stinkin' Fascist

American History X is amazing!

It shows great change in people and I think Edward Norton is a superb actor!
Ashley Stern

Post by Ashley Stern »

Inception and I loved it.

Return to “Films and Books”