What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
mrswoodlee
Currently Reading: Dreamlander
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrswoodlee.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by mrswoodlee »

Last one I saw in the cinema was The Greatest Showman, a musical about the life of PT Barnum and how he started his circus. It was everything a musical movie should be: exciting, enthralling, romantic. I enjoyed every second of it and immediately wanted to watch it again. Can't wait to get it on disc. 10/10
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

The last movie I saw was actually Pitch Perfect 3. I was definitely disappointed and would probably only rate it like one star. The first one was great and I still liked the second one but this last one sort of tanked in my opinion.
OG Scott
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by OG Scott »

I saw Stan against evil
Great movie tho
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

All the Money in the World. It was about a kidnapped son of a wealthy man's son. Nice direction, good actors. There were several violent scenes and I cringed at some of these. I give it a 10 out of 10.
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 »

Hmm, the last movie I saw was Umar series, its really inspiring and educative.
Uche Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-balogun.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Uche Balogun »

Black Panther! I rate it 5 out of 4 stars, lol. I love that movie though, not just because of the hype. The movie is a revolution, I love, love, love it. Wakanda forever!!!
onequeen1216taq
Favorite Author: Van Fleisher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
fav_author_id: 96689

Post by onequeen1216taq »

The Professional
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

I just watched 'The Maze Runner: Death Cure' based on the eponymous book trilogy.
To be honest, I really loved the books and this closing chapter really works out well. It is action-packed and intense. I give it 3 out of 4 stars because there are some huge plot holes, though.
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
dgallois
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by dgallois »

The last one I saw, I rented from RedBox. I cannot even tell you how long it has been since I have been to the actual theater. Sorry a little off topic, the movie was Bad Moms Christmas. I completely enjoyed the first one Bad Moms and of course waited until March to see the Christmas one. I was not disappointed. Unlike many sequels recently, the 2nd and sometimes 3rd and so on don't quite live up to the first. The second one was every bit as funny as the first one. I cannot really say this is the greatest movie or movies of all times, by no means would I go that far, but they are darn funny and if you just want to laugh out loud multiple times during a movie or two, I definitely recommend you watch them.
Ssydneeeeyy

Post by Ssydneeeeyy »

The last movie I watched was “Love Actually”. It was overall a good movie, but I didn’t like how many different stories and plots there were. I kept getting confused with who knew who and why it was called “Love Actually”. I give it a 7 out of 10
enojojoseph
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enojojoseph.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by enojojoseph »

the last movie i just finished now is called the belko experiment , the ratings were 52% by Rotten Tomatoes
Jarrell

Post by Jarrell »

The last movie I saw was black panther, this was a very good movie to watch the details in the movie and the graphics was amazing, I could watch this movie over and over again and not get tired of watching it.

Rating for this movie is 9.5/10
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

I saw the Netflix original, A Series of Unfortunate Events. I guess it is not technically a movie, because it was done in episodes. I think the episodes were a very good idea, as it creates more room to delve into the books a little deeper. Every two episodes equals one of the books of the series. As of right now, I have actually not read the books, which is quite surprising, because I always try to read the books before I watch the movies. However, I just requested the whole series from the library, and I am very excited to start reading them. Anyway, the Netflix original gets all the stars from me :) It is well done and very entertaining.
Britt Dougherty
Currently Reading: Mindfulness
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Britt Dougherty »

Last movie I saw was Den of Thieves great action thrilled crime movie about cops and bank robberies i give it 100% plus has a lot of top actors in it!!!
Nomzy pearl
Currently Reading:

Post by Nomzy pearl »

I saw the shooter today, great film, amazing story link. Intriguing to the end and I would rate it 8.53

Return to “Films and Books”