What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
HPolk1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hpolk1.html
Latest Review: In Pursuit of The Pale Prince by Mark Wallace

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by HPolk1 »

I have not been to the movies in a very long time. The last movie I saw in theater was Scream 4. That I telling how long it has been for me. That movie was good, but to me it did not do the series justice.

I would give it a 5 out of 10.

I think they could have gone a completely new route. Considering at the end of the 3rd installment she was married to Patrick Dempsey's character this installment made no sense at all.
lady-libro
Currently Reading: Five Knocks
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by lady-libro »

My mother wanted to see the new Halloween movie that came out in October so I took her to it even though I hate "slice and dice" movies. It was nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis (who starred in the first movie). She is just as active and vibrant as she was 40 years age. However, the movie itself was so stupid I wanted to walk out. If I had 40 years to build a safe house, I would not have my safety room in a basement with only one exit, underneath a flimsy wooden kitchen floor. Hollywood has no imagination any more. My mom was happy she saw it but even she didn't like it. Most people are just not that dumb. I say that if shotgun blast to the chest doesn't put down the bad guy, don't throw it at him and run - get out the LAWS rocket.
dailey2820
Favorite Author: Freida McFadden
Currently Reading: We Thought We Knew You
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dailey2820.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 46859

Post by dailey2820 »

I don't watch movies too often so I actually had to look up my history to see what the last movie I watched was haha! I watched The Resident with Hilary Swank and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. It was a very good movie. I love thrilling and suspenseful movies and this one delivered! I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I love the actors in it and Jeffrey Dean Morgan did an amazing job really coming off disturbed and so creepy. I'd watch it again for sure!
AMRMullins
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: Book of the New Sun
Bookshelf Size: 450

Post by AMRMullins »

I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody with my younger sister; we're both fans of Queen, though she's far more fanatical in her love of them. She's also not an active participant in the LGBTQA+ lifestyle. She loved it. I found many issues with it.

As biopics go, it's something a true fan will appreciate more than someone who is simply curious about the band. If you're not already familiar with the events of Freddy Mercury's life, this would be a terrible source of information. There are a lot of factual errors in the script, including rewriting Mercury's long term male partner from a touted London hair dresser to a random waiter who gets groped after a party, and re-arranging the timeline of Mercury's AIDS diagnosis by years in order to unnecessarily raise the stakes of their LiveAID for Africa performance.

The treatment of his personal life and its impact on the band is messy. His solo career was not a point of major contention; the other band members were also doing solo projects in those years. He certainly didn't fire the band's manager over suggesting it to him. Even if Mercury didn't come out and announce his bisexuality to the media, he was not a shame-faced tag-along for someone to "corrupt." The film depicts him seeming to struggle against his inclinations, uses his boyfriend (the main gay character for the bulk of the movie) as a scapegoat for all evils, and ties it all up in a neat "prodigal son" scene where he rejects his wild partying ways and settles down abruptly with a guy he'd spent approximately 6 hours with, if the movie is to be believed.

The actor portraying Mercury was delightful. The band members seemed very well cast. It was fun to rock out to Queen songs on the big screen. If you had any hopes beyond that, you’ll sadly be disappointed.
Hildehraefen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildehraefen.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildehraefen »

A few days ago I re-watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." I love how genuine the movie is, and especially how the main character gets her life together BEFORE she gets into a relationship. 5 out of 5 stars!
Sean_omalley4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sean_omalley4 »

Yesterday I watched 'hacksaw ridge' initially I was not a fan of war movies but as soon as the film starts it catches your attention.
Desmond doss plays a brilliant role showing really what happened during the war and his character is based on a real person.
The plot of the film is exhilarating and somewhat mind blowing.
It shows the true horror of war and how people risked there lives for there country.
My rating for this film is 10 out of 10 by far the best film I have watched.
Rebalgal25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Rebalgal25 »

The last movie I saw was Baywatch the movie had a lot of mix reviews I however enjoyed it the action the comedy Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron did an awesome job
Horlarbisi49

Post by Horlarbisi49 »

The last movie I watched was "bride for rent" and I like it so much
Aaliyah5456

Post by Aaliyah5456 »

Everything Everything
I loved the movie it was so beautiful
& our together :D
A G Darr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-g-darr.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by A G Darr »

The last movie I saw was Fantasic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Crimes of Grindelwold. I would give the movie 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed it, but there were some actions scenes that were just too flashy and jumped around too much. It seems like they were trying to make every fight scene the Battle of Hogwarts, and that was just a bit much.

The twists and turns in the movie are very interesting, as is the direction they are moving the character, Queenie. I want to see the 3rd movie when it comes out. I just really wish the Fantastic Beast movies would be written as books. I don't think J. K. Rowling wants to go that route and it just sticking with screenplays, but I know something gets lost between the writer and the production of a movie. I'll just have to get over it, since that it the way the writer decided to go.
VandaQ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vandaq.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt

Post by VandaQ »

Last movie watched was The Ballad of Buster Scruggs directed by the Coen brothers. It's a collection of six short movies, set in the wild west, ranging from bizarre to hilarious. It's gorgeous to look at, however! The colour palettes are just so beautiful and, of course, the camera work is brilliant. It's a quirky movie, but I strongly recommend it, especially if you don't have time for a full movie by watching story by story. :)
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

The Wall (2017)

It is a story about a two man military sniper team in Saudi Arabia who are up against a legendary single man enemy sniper known only as Juba. The whole movie takes place in the desert where one of the men is pinned down by the enemy sniper behind a wall. The enemy finds a way to get on the American's radio frequency and has an ongoing "talk" with him as the movie progresses. It's sort of a psychological thriller in a way.

It is one of the better movies I've seen in awhile.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
alyeskia
Currently Reading: Comanche Empire
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by alyeskia »

The last movie I saw was just this past Sunday, "First Man." I learned a few things about Neil Armstrong I didn't know. First he was a civilian test pilot for NASA, exploring the outer reaches of earth's atmosphere in the X-15 (I built the model as a young teenager); his daughter died at a very young age from cancer (an assumption I'm making based upon the medical treatment she received in the movie); and last, he left a bracelet on the moon with the name of his daughter (Karen) on it (also shown in the movie.)
Karissah12

Post by Karissah12 »

Absolutely loved Devil ive watched it a few times with my sister! I love movies that make you think, and that on kept the ball rolling! I loved that it kept me on the edge of my seat as well. The last movie i watched was "Howls Moving Castle". Absolutely loved this movie as well, mostly because i'm a very big anime nut. But it was a sweet story, romance, comedy, and suspense in very small parts but nonetheless great to watch with the whole family! A quick summary cause i dont wanna give too much away a young girl named sophie goes on an adventure after a run in with a witch, in the movie thats normal. You'll have to watch to know more, its hard to give an accurate description of the movie without giving away key parts of the movie! But a very great story, recommend to anyone who also enjoys "Spirited Away" same Director if i'm not mistaken!
RD_Green93

Post by RD_Green93 »

The last movie I watched is " Band of Brothers". Now I love watching movies, I live learning about history so I was hooked when it started. It's funny because I've had it for years but it was my dad's and he had it with other war movies but I never touched them because they are his. But he's a trucker and I was bored so I watched it. Let me tell you now I loved it, I couldn't believe that I never watched it I missed out on a action packed film that pulls on your heart strings a bit. Just to see the amount of respect that the men had for each other and how the encouraged others when captain sobel put them down ." Remember our motto..Currahee.. and what does currahee mean ... We stand alone."

Return to “Films and Books”