What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
udeme49
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by udeme49 »

Hello,
I saw a movie last week, Hunter killer to be precise, the movie was great. I will rate it 5
Raja vats

Post by Raja vats »

You all should see the movie BAYWATCH :lol2:
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

The last movie I watched that was new to me was Rounders (1998). It has Matt Damon and others in it, and it's about playing poker. I really enjoyed it! I'd probably give it an 8.5 out of 10 rating. :)
"There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner.”
– Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
tishaustin92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by tishaustin92 »

The last movie I saw happened to be two of them. We first went and saw The Crimes of Grindelwald, it was fantastic! I think they are doing a marvelous job at portraying magic and the issues facing both the wizarding world and non-wizarding world, especially for the times. And then I went with my kids to see The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. I wasn't quite sure what to expect with that, but it was surprisingly good.
Doglover101
Favorite Book: Forget Me Not
Currently Reading:

Post by Doglover101 »

the last movie I saw was Duplin. It was rated 5 stars. It is about a high school girl named wiledean dixen. Her mom was a famous pageant winner and she was organizing a upcoming pageant. Wiledean is a bigger girl and decided that she would enter the pageant to show that big girls can be in pageants too. three of her friends entered with her. It was an amazing movie i suggest it.
fenelah

Post by fenelah »

The shannara chronicles,at the beginning of the movie demons start to return after being burnished in the world at the ancient ellcrys tree.Throughout the series Wil,Amberle and Eretria together with the guidance of the last druid All anon goes on a quest to protect the Ellcrys tree from dying and releasing all the banished demons back into their four lands.The interesting part is where Amberle enters the Ellcrys put to test to gain the seed of the tree and she succeeds/10
MTP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by MTP »

The last movie i saw was Venom witch is based on one of the main villains in the spiderman MARVEL franchise (Venom) but with a bit of a twist in the main aspect of the villain in it self witch i loved and in my opinion it deserves a 4.5/5 stars.
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

MTP wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 20:56 The last movie i saw was Venom witch is based on one of the main villains in the spiderman MARVEL franchise (Venom) but with a bit of a twist in the main aspect of the villain in it self witch i loved and in my opinion it deserves a 4.5/5 stars.
This is also the last movie I saw. Like you, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also like you (and unlike the critics), I would rate it a 4.5/5 for the layering the laughs into what is otherwise a dark movie about existentialism and progress.
HRichards
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hrichards.html
Latest Review: Yeh-shen by Ray Simmons

Post by HRichards »

MTP wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 20:56 The last movie i saw was Venom witch is based on one of the main villains in the spiderman MARVEL franchise (Venom) but with a bit of a twist in the main aspect of the villain in it self witch i loved and in my opinion it deserves a 4.5/5 stars.
I LOVED Venom. Tom Hardy is a good enough actor and there was enough humor that a rather sketchy premise of a plot worked with it.
HRichards
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hrichards.html
Latest Review: Yeh-shen by Ray Simmons

Post by HRichards »

I just saw Mortal Engines last night. I really enjoyed it. I never thought they'd be able to show the traction cities like the books describe, but the movie does a bang up job. It was a little derivative and Hester's scarring was nowhere near accurate, but the overall movie was good.
Gigareads
Favorite Author: Morgan Matson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gigareads.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen
fav_author_id: 4123

Post by Gigareads »

The last movie I watched was Christmas Wonderland, I score it 6/10. Like most Christmas movies it was predictable and in some parts boring. But it did have its moments and was great to have on in the background to help get me into the holiday spirit. I love watching cheesy Christmas movies this time of year.
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

Bohemian Rhapsody.
I'd rate it a good 8/10. Why?

Well, firstly, I like Queen but am not a die- hard fan and I actually learnt a lot about Freddie Mercury and the band in the film.

Secondly, the actor playing Mercury was very good. Endearing, charming and believable.

Thirdly, it made for an enjoyable night out which is more than I can say for A Star is Born with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper which was a great film but so depressing.

I'd see it again actually because I saw it in French and think seeing it in English would make it even better.
chironwolf52
Favorite Book: Ask and It Is Given
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chironwolf52.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B002FQJT3Q

Post by chironwolf52 »

The last movie I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars. The first movie, Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorites. The sequel was ok.
thymebug
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thymebug.html
Latest Review: Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi

Post by thymebug »

I just saw Mortal Engines in Imax 3D, and it was a treat to watch. I can't say the movie itself was the best, as the creators tried to squeeze in quite a bit of information into one movie and the dialogue was laughably cliched at times. But it did keep me entertained the whole way through--mostly due to it's breakneck pace--and as for sheer visuals, it was stunning. The CGI was beautiful. It was complete eye candy, and I would probably watch it again just to look at all the stuff I missed the first time around.

It also made me very interested in reading the books it originated from. I feel like there is a good story hiding somewhere behind a poorly executed Hollywood script.
Frankeni247

Post by Frankeni247 »

My last movie was Mowgli. At first I was like was there to watch again but the introduction of the Indian village nearby and the hunter. Wow it made it even look better. I think Mowgli on its own should have its own book :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Films and Books”