What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Van112 »

I rewatched Life as We Know It which stars Katherine Heighl. I believe there are a lot of lessons from it. One is that we do not control time and anything can happen, so we might as well make every moment count. Second, we learn to love people. Third, we can't solve our problems by running away from them. Fourth, everything happens for a reason.
It has always been a good movie for me.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
btlyn
Favorite Book: Girls with Swords
Currently Reading: The Two Towers
Bookshelf Size: 55

Post by btlyn »

Last movie I saw in theaters was Black Panther. 9/10! Everything about that movie was just incredible, it went beyond of what I expected. The plot, the characters, and the cinematography absolutely stunning. A beautifully structured movie.

The most recent movie I've seen though was, Forgotten, a Korean mystery/thriller. Was blown away with how this plot unfolded with such unexpected twists and turns. The cast did an astounding job with how they portrayed their characters, they even had me fooled right along with the main character. This movie brought tears to my eyes, made me think much of how we should live each day to the fullest. Because we just don't know how things could unfold in the future.. I'd give this movie an 8/10!
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

The last movie I saw (at home for the first time) was Ferdinand. It is a story about a bull in Spain who does not want to fight, and he will not change for anything! It was pretty predictable, but I enjoyed the characters and the story, and it was also entertaining. I would give it 3.5 out of 4 stars. :D
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
shauna1978
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by shauna1978 »

my favort movie was christin the car that killed people
NerdGirl167

Post by NerdGirl167 »

I recently watched Insidious: The Last Key. I was very excited to watch it and even asked my mother and sister to tune in as well but I was very disappointed with the film. It wasn't as scary as the other movies. I really thought it would be and I'm a horror fanantic so I really enjoy a movie that can scared the crap out of me. I felt like it was dull and boring and dry on the funny factor. I don't even like horror movies that try to put in light comedy unless its done right. I will admit there were moments I jumped but only jumping two times throughout a whole movie that is supposed to frighten you is not entertaining at all. The movie I was very pleased with was Annabelle: Creation. I was afraid that one wouldn't live up to the hype and momentum of the first movie
Omoye+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omoye.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Omoye+ »

9JKL, comedy series I just watched. Made me laugh my bowels out. I could totally relate. Family comedy.
espicer4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by espicer4life »

The last movie I saw was the new Jumani movie and I would give it a 5 star rating. It was hilarious.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I saw Sherlock Gnomes last week and thought it was adorable. Depp was spot-on as Sherlock. The twists and turns left me gaping a little, and I particularly loved the visualization of Sherlock's thought processes. Out of 10, I'd give it an 8.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Rachel frank
Currently Reading: Champion (Legend Series #3)
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-frank.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Rachel frank »

last week i saw Black Panther.the movie is superb. i love the whole fighting spirit thing. where they all wanted die for their country and still save lives. and in the final scenes about how beautiful the sunset was in Wakanda, that is something. :wink2: :techie-studyingbrown: . plus has anyone read the book titled Reavens Peak? by Lincoln cole i think that book should be made into a movie. anybody else?
Aquilis
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aquilis.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Aquilis »

I last watched Hot Fuzz. Not for the first time (of course), but my friend hadn't seen it and it's one of my all time favorite movies! I've always enjoyed the Frost-Pegg combination from Spaced, and even Worlds End. Yet out of their movies Hot Fuzz has always been the best to me with it's great selection of word play and puns. The direction is fantastic, it really drives the story without yelling about the cleverly written mystery clues and has some nice nods to classic action movies. 11 out of 10 easily x)
Bayodeo
Currently Reading:

Post by Bayodeo »

The last movie i saw at the theatre was Black panther and as we all know i loved it just as much as others did, WAKANDA forever :wink:
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

The last movie I saw was I,Tonya on April 9. A great dark satire coupled with impeccable performances by Allison Janney and Margot Robbie. I rate this movie a 10 out of 10.
noltrawz

Post by noltrawz »

The last movie I've watched is The Good Dinosaur. The movie is good for everyone. It will taught us lessons about life and family.
Book_Worm_2018

Post by Book_Worm_2018 »

The last movie I saw was The Long Long Trailer. It's an oldy with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz from I Love Lucy. Classy movie! A little slow at times, but very good. I give it an 8 out of 10. Much better than most of the garbage on TV these days.
aramnjuguna

Post by aramnjuguna »

the last movie that i saw was jumaji welcome to the jungle. i like it action was intense all the way,Kevin hart provide is usual style of comedy,as well as jack black. The rock of course bought the action he usually dose not disappoint. buthe fourth lady actor did not make profound impression on me but seem to have great chemist with the cast. the plot was good short, full of intrigue and was easy to wrap up in the end

all in all 8/10.

Return to “Films and Books”