What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
brunettebiblio
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunettebiblio.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by brunettebiblio »

IT, and unfortunately I hated it. It wasn't scary, and honestly I thought most of it was stupid and I was very disappointed, especially after all the hype. Probably would rate it 3.5 out of 10.
cozark38
Currently Reading: Life Before
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozark38.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt

Post by cozark38 »

Just watched Sunshine Cleaning. A bit cliche, but the dad moment got me more than the sibling fighting, which is something I still have, with humor, with my siblings, all 8 of them. I'd give it a 3/4. Great actors can make a pretty good movie, pretty darn good.
Tendou410
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tendou410 »

The last movie I saw was spectre. Well, i have a lot of James Bond movies at home and keep on watching them over and over again but this one is far different than the other bond films. I mean, in my own observation this movie has different plot. Unlike it's predecessors that have same event though they change a bit some of its original scene but it still looked the same for me. But spectre movie which started Daniel Craig was more on stick-to original plot. There were no more diamond controlled laser beams, no more rocket launch codes which were simultaneously repeated for the past bond movies. Though I never liked Daniel as bond, but he gave justice to the role of being the world's super spy (fiction only, of course😂)
GerganaIvanova_7
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by GerganaIvanova_7 »

Last movie I watched was Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, very funny and relaxing, recommend it, I'd give it 8 of 10.
AJMcD
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajmcd.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by AJMcD »

I recently watched one of the Batman animated films called "Batman: Gotham By Gaslight". It was an interesting enough story and was quite a bit of fun to watch. I rate it a 7 out of 10.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

The Greatest Showman was the last movie I saw, it's a musical starring Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Zendaya and Keala Settle. I usually love musicals,the story is really relatable, it's basically about a men who was poor and had big dreams. After he was fired from his job he has the idea to start a circus. There he finds success but he still wants more.
I would rate it 8.5 out of 10.
Lovewreading89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovewreading89.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Lovewreading89 »

The post is the last movie I saw. staring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. I would rate this a 10 out of 10
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

Lego Batman movie. Good but not great.
NehaPrateek

Post by NehaPrateek »

The last movie I saw was on Netflix ..The Intern..was the name of the movie..starring Robert De Niro and Anne Hatheway..one of the most amazingo movies I have ever seen..It portrays a 70 year old man applying for ad an Intern in an online clothing firm..wherein the founder of the conpany is just 27 year old woman..this movie beautiffully fills in the gap if age difference between these two protagonists .each sharing their life experiences with each other abd hence learn sonething new in the process
jaylperry
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaylperry.html
Latest Review: The Polygrapher by Dohn Jagster (Pseudonym)

Post by jaylperry »

We just watched Star Trek: First Contact. I really enjoyed it. However, I had a problem with the idea of a Borg Queen. It kind of ruined the creepy anti-individual hive-mind culture of the Borg for me. Acting, directing, set design, pacing were all good. I didn't particularly like the actor who played Zephram Cochrane. Troi's throwaway comments about fending off his handsy-ness struck a sour chord in the current cultural situation. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
“A book, too, can be a star, ‘explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,’ a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”
– Madeleine L’Engle
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

brunettebiblio wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 14:34 IT, and unfortunately I hated it. It wasn't scary, and honestly I thought most of it was stupid and I was very disappointed, especially after all the hype. Probably would rate it 3.5 out of 10.
I totally agree with you. One of the dumbest movies I have ever watched. How this ever made it to film is beyond me. Frankly I think you are being too generous in giving it a 3.5/10 rating. With the exception of Shawshank Redemption I think all of Steven King's adaptations were just plain stupid.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Strongbob25
Currently Reading: Maskerade
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strongbob25.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Strongbob25 »

I saw The Last Jedi back in December. Using this forum's rating scale I'd give it a 2 out of 4. It was completely fine. I don't really understand why so many people hate it so much, especially the people saying that it's "too different" from all the other star wars movies. It was basically the same as Empire Strikes Back with a bit of Return of the Jedi[/] mixed in.

Similarly, I don't get why a lot of people have been fawning over it. It was perfectly mediocre!
heathershores

Post by heathershores »

The last movie I saw in theaters was Pitch Perfect 3. I loved the first 2 movies, saw them multiple times in theater and then bought them. I have to say I wasn't disappointed in the 3rd and final movie. It was everything the end of a trilogy should be! There were moments of triumph and moments of failure. I laughed and cried, by the time the movie was over I was really sad and happy at the same time. Sad because the movie was over and that it was the last installment but happy because the movie was great and I loved every second of it. The music in the movie totally made the movie along with all the cast members. If you haven't seen any of these movies I suggest highly that you do, and go see the 3rd one for sure. The rating for Pitch Perfect 3 is PG13 I believe.
Shrihan

Post by Shrihan »

Recently I saw m.c.a(middle class abbayi) .it's all based on middle class emotions.Hero was performed well. But the story content was not up to the mark. Songs r very nice.but it's a keen family movie .Everybody can go enjoy.3out of 5
Aquaria
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aquaria.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Aquaria »

I went to a cinema to see "Darkest Hour" with Gary Oldman starring Winston Churchill. I really enjoyed the film. It was a good change for me to see a "real hero" after a period of time I watched superheroes saving our galaxy :D Without superpowers but with a really human approach and standing firm to fight for his ideas and values, Churchill had to decide to either make a peace treaty with Hitler or fight him. I rate it 5 out of 5. And as a bonus, it gave me a clarity about Dunkirk.

Return to “Films and Books”