What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Moonlight91
Currently Reading: Serial K Returns
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Moonlight91 »

The Neon Demon (Nicolas Winding Refn)

I watched this movie on the weekend and it was awesome. It reminded me of "Black Swan" and "A Cure for Wellness". It is about a young beautiful model - she arrives in LA and is immediately confronted with corruption and people who say they mean well, but do they...?

The scenes can be quite rough, so if your stomach is easily upset - maybe this movie is not for you. (Or just look away for a few second - because the rest is worth it!)

The cinematography is absolutely beautiful and they used a lot of new ways to communicate what is going on in the scenes.

I like movies like the ones from Darren Aronofsky, therefore "The Neon Demon" gets a 8/10.
bellezy17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by bellezy17 »

The last movie I saw was the " Midnight Sun". Behind the story was,there's a teenage girl having a XP disease which she can't expose herself to sunlight. I cried so hard to this movie. And my ratings is more than just a 5 star! :)
sbcal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by sbcal »

Ragnarok was the last movie that I saw. It was fun and entertaining, loved it so 4/5. I am glad that Hulk finally was portrayed with intelligence and much more than Thor has. ;)
Aleshia+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Aleshia+ »

The last movie I saw was Resident Evil: The Last Chapter and I thought it was pretty good. But why did they change the story line so much? I mean the Red Queen was changed like 3 times throughout all of the movies. I have many questions but I dI'd enjoy the movie. I give it a 7/10.
eezus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by eezus »

Just watched Incredibles 2 last weekend. 5 out of 5!!!
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

Their Ragnarok, I would give it a two which is a disappointment because I really had great hope for the series
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

Thor Ragnarok, I would give it a two which is a disappointment because I really had great hope for the series
Cara Van Heerden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0

Post by Cara Van Heerden »

I watched Solo: a Star Wars Story about two weeks ago. I always love star wars. This one wasn't as good but I didn't go in with high expectations. So it was intertaining enough. And the twist at the end may just make it worth it, especially if you'd been following the Clone Wars animations.

I rate Solo 6 out of 10
Majaliwa Abiba Alice
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiba-alice.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Majaliwa Abiba Alice »

"This is your death".....Mind blowing movie. It had me on the edge of my seat wondering whose gonna die next.

I rate it 10/10
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

The last movie I watched was Marvel's Infinity War. I died. This is me typing from my grave.
Good day for you all.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
bclayton13
Currently Reading: Roanoke
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bclayton13.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by bclayton13 »

I just finished Meet the Robinsons and it blew me away. I'd have to rate 5/5, though the animation is a just a little dated now. I remember when it came out and I didn't hear much about it then, so I wasn't expecting much. Man was I wrong. It's so underrated. The story is so heartwarming and the characters are so likable.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I saw Fahrenheit 451 and would give it 5 of 10 stars. It was so loosely based on the book, it made me a little angry. There were too many new made-up terms that didn't add to the story. The acting was good, but the story was dull. I wouldn't recommend it.
ahmaria
Currently Reading: Beloved
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahmaria.html
Latest Review: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry by Kaviru Gayathri Samarawickrama

Post by ahmaria »

The last movie I saw was Hercules (the old Disney cartoon). I haven't watched it in years, but watching it now, I'd give it a solid 4 out of 10. The animation wasn't the best, it was a very loose adaptation of the myths, and the songs (aside from the Muses) were not good. However, Meg and Hades were great characters and they basically stole the show.
Cyie22love
Currently Reading: The beast I loved
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Cyie22love »

v for vendetta
rating 4 out of 4
ifra
Favorite Book: Sidhartha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifra.html
Latest Review: Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

Post by ifra »

The last movie I saw is home. Though it is a bit old now but I have watched it almost five times and have the stamina to watch it again. The dialogues are so cute and innocent. Especially Oh's understanding of English and "Humansworld" is amazing. It is recommended both for elders and younger lot.

Return to “Films and Books”