What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Pocoyo
Favorite Book: Heroes of Atlantis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pocoyo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice by AC Michael

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Pocoyo »

Last movie I watched was 'Me Before You'. 100/10, it was one of the most beautiful, funny, unconventional movies I've ever seen. I completely fell in love with it.
prodigysnake357
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by prodigysnake357 »

i watched TEKKEN 2 today. it actually had nothing to do with the first Tekken film, which i thought was very well put together. the second one focused on the main character discovering his hidden past the he lost his memory to. i don't think it was better than the first one. i think it was a failed attempt at going further with the franchise as a movie from an Indy film standpoint.
zarinovak

Post by zarinovak »

I haven't had very good luck with movies lately, I don't know why. The last movie I saw was 6 Underground on Netflix. I have to say I wasn't expecting much from the start (honestly I didn't remember who the director was until I started to see all the unnecesary explosions, boring jokes and sudden sex scenes) but I decided to give it a shot anyways. Big mistake... Had to stop watching after an hour. The plot is extremely confusing, and honestly, it seems like Netflix is making it look greater than it is in the synopsis.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some angsty people with exceptional qualities who don't belong anywhere else and call each other by numbers (The Umbrella Academy, for example.) But this was out of my reach.

Ryan Reynolds plays the role (once again) of an obnoxious, sarcastic and annoying millionaire. I could even see the resembling to his character in Green Hornet. A great cast, and lot of good publicity and advertising for a terrible movie. I thought Ryan Reynolds had learned his lesson already... :?
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Little I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. It was hilarious and it had a cool message.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

Exodud: Gods and Kings.

4 of 4 stars.

Epic movie that reminded me why Yahweh is an awseome God
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

I watched Megamind again a few weeks ago and it's still a five. The writers for that movie must be an amazing group of people. It's so charming.
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

Just watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. 4 out of 4 stars. Tom Cruise is still going strong I just can't wait for Mission Impossible 7.
"Forget everything that you think you know." - Doctor Strange
Rookie_style
Currently Reading: Project Tau

Post by Rookie_style »

Aladdin 2019 movie. I love how different the story line looks from the animation. The script writer did an amazing job with the flow of the movie.
mary-annef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-annef.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by mary-annef »

Chelsearoses wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 01:32 The last movie I saw in a movie theater was Rocketman! The last movie in general was...I believe Star Trek (2009) :lol:
Also side note: these smilies are giving me a little nostalgia throwback of early 2000s with AOL and Yahoo IM :D :tiphat:
I enjoyed Rocketman but I'm not a huge fan of musicals on the screen (on stage they're fine). I prefer the way Bohemian Rhapsody was handled which was more of a documentary format. But I found the stories behind the songs interesting and I loved how Bernie Taupin was portrayed.

The most recent music-related movie I've seen is Blinded by the Light. It Light is a coming-of-age story of Javed, the only son of conservative Pakistani immigrants, in 1980s Britain. From a young age Javed has found solace from his restrictive upbringing in writing. But when his talent is discovered and encouraged by one of his teachers, it only serves to highlight his limited options. His parents have long had his career planned out, and it doesn’t involve creative writing. As Thatcherite policies impact the family fortunes, he is more than ever, under pressure to contribute to the welfare of his parents and siblings. Javed is on the brink of despair, about to throw in the towel, when he is introduced to the music of “The Boss”, Bruce Springsteen. I'd rate it five stars.
SirLaddie
Favorite Author: Brian O'Hare
Favorite Book: Beneath the Dark Ice
Currently Reading: The Everything Creative Writing
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirladdie.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00UB76290
fav_author_id: 46107

Post by SirLaddie »

I just saw John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum. I really enjoyed the first two. This one was okay but not as good as the first two. If they come out with another one, I don't know if I will bother watching it. In my opinion, I am giving it 6 out of 10.
Tate331
Currently Reading: Cat's Lightening
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Tate331 »

Last movie I saw was Rambo. I thought it was a great movie. Definitely a 4 out of 4. The action was incredible the twists were incredible. Definitely highly recommend that movie.
abigailbridi
Currently Reading: The Overstory
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailbridi.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by abigailbridi »

I went to see 'Just Mercy' in theaters this week and loved it! I was motivated to go see it because I read the book (Just Mercy) over the summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is so great to see a movie that does a book justice. Plus, it's all based on a real story of criminal justice reform.
I give it a 8.5/10, mostly because the messages and realities of the movie were so true.
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Chelsearoses »

mary-annef wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 07:42
Chelsearoses wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 01:32 The last movie I saw in a movie theater was Rocketman! The last movie in general was...I believe Star Trek (2009) :lol:
Also side note: these smilies are giving me a little nostalgia throwback of early 2000s with AOL and Yahoo IM :D :tiphat:
I enjoyed Rocketman but I'm not a huge fan of musicals on the screen (on stage they're fine). I prefer the way Bohemian Rhapsody was handled which was more of a documentary format. But I found the stories behind the songs interesting and I loved how Bernie Taupin was portrayed.

The most recent music-related movie I've seen is Blinded by the Light. It Light is a coming-of-age story of Javed, the only son of conservative Pakistani immigrants, in 1980s Britain. From a young age Javed has found solace from his restrictive upbringing in writing. But when his talent is discovered and encouraged by one of his teachers, it only serves to highlight his limited options. His parents have long had his career planned out, and it doesn’t involve creative writing. As Thatcherite policies impact the family fortunes, he is more than ever, under pressure to contribute to the welfare of his parents and siblings. Javed is on the brink of despair, about to throw in the towel, when he is introduced to the music of “The Boss”, Bruce Springsteen. I'd rate it five stars.
Understandable 😊 Blinded By the Light looks really good! I love Bruce Springsteen, he will always be The Boss, and the movie looks like it has a good story.
There definitely is a different kind of format between Bohemian and Rocketman, one being a bio pic and the other that but also a musical.
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
LammyPR

Post by LammyPR »

The last movie i watched wasTHE SHED , it was a Horror movie but i love the cocerpt
:lol:
I will Rate it 9.2/10
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

Last movie I saw.... Zombieland Double Tap.

Its nothing deep or intriguing, but its comical and easy. I enjoyed it! Love the line up of actors and actresses and the story line was funny and up to standard for the genre.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."

Return to “Films and Books”