What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Precious Naiti »

I have just finished watching Justice League 2021. I did not know that it was a director’s cut so i watched all the 4 hours and i was surprised to find that most scenes were taken from movies i had already watched before. It was action packed though but too long for my liking. I rate it 7.1 out of 10.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

I think it is the Simpson's Movie. I enjoyed it and wished a had the DVD of it.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

I just started watching new movies a week and directing them, the last film I watched yesterday was The Front Runner with Hugh Jackman. I enjoyed it a lot, it sort of reminded me of Hamilton in the sense that you two political figures running/hoping for Presidency only for their private affairs to ruin that for them. And subsequently, their wives continue to stay with them long after. For what it was and what it was trying to be and how it was executed, I think a fair 4/5 is a good rating. I'd recommended it to lovers of drama and political suspense.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I saw Croods 2 at a 3D cinema last month and I would rate it as a 4 out of 4. I enjoyed the first movie and I think they went on well to develop the stories of the characters.
calebkyalo
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by calebkyalo »

Tom and Jerry the movie 😇 ... From ghe features to the actual acting is quite interesting... I rated it 85
Nithilah Ayyappan
Currently Reading: We Hunt the Flame
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nithilah-ayyappan.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B07KR2N2GF

Post by Nithilah Ayyappan »

The movie I saw most recently is "The Wedding Planner", starring Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey. What I loved about this movie was (Matthew McConaughey!!) the amazing acting by all parties and the adorable relationships in the movie. I would definitely give it 5 stars and encourage others to watch (especially if you LOVE Matthew McConaughey).
Hiru1998+
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiru1998.html
Latest Review: Like My Mother Before Me by Naley Gonzalez

Post by Hiru1998+ »

The last movie I watched was Padman.It was an indian movie. This was one of the best movies I've watched. Don't let the title fool you. It is about an indian man trying to make an affordable sanitary pad for all the women in India. This is because the sanitary pad usage is not popular in the rural parts of India. I loved the concept an the role of the devoted husband to provide his wife a safe and comfortable life. That's where he starts the journey. He gets rejected from his family for doing so. But in the end he creates the affordable sanitary pad and provide large no of jobs to indian women too. I highly recommend this amazing movie. Akshay Kumar is the main actor. A similar movie will be toilet. I recommend everyone to give both a try!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I can honestly say that I can’t remember what “movie” was the last I watched. But currently, I am watching a show called Quantico on Netflix. It contains 4 seasons and is phenomenal. Action pack and edge of your seat viewing. You will not be disappointed if you like fbi , crime and drama
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I watched Godzilla vs. Kong. A great film but it seemed to me they tried to jam too much into it or something. The previous Monsterverse film, Godzilla King Of The Monsters I thought was much better. One thing about both films I liked is that they stuck to the original Japanese concept using the original Akira Ifukube musical themes from Gojira 1954 and many references to things from the Toho films. Vs. Kong I would give 7 out of 10 and KOTM 9 out of 10.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Michelle Menezes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Raya and the Last Dragon. Loved it! Definitely a 10/10.
Michelle Menezes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

ObianujuJane wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 02:20 Last I saw was Raya And The Last Dragon... Really cool movie, it had my kid brother laughing all through.
That is my last watched movie too. Loved it! I watched it with my little sister.
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

The Mighty Peking Man, a Chinese version of King Kong. A fair movie with a great storyline and concept but poorly done in this film. Bad FX, bad English Dubbing, fair jungle action and a mostly naked jungle girl. I liked the ape design and the movie was fast action and held my attention even as bad as it was. If this was remade with modern technology and a big budget it would be a fantastic movie.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
mraphael1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mraphael1.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by mraphael1 »

Avengers Endgame 10 out of 10 stars
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

My husband and I watched the Netflix movie called Mute. We’ve really gotten into Cyber Punk movies. It stars Alexander Skarsgard and Paul Rudd. It was very interesting. Don’t let the lower rating deter you from giving it a try!
megachirops
Currently Reading: Witch Is Where Magic Lives Now (A Witch P.I. Mystery #37)
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by megachirops »

We just watched Boss Level. It was just what we were looking for... a fun action flick twist on the groundhog day concept! 8/10

Return to “Films and Books”