What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
maryculverflint
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by maryculverflint »

I watched Schindler’s List last night, although I didn’t make it all the way through. It was as I expected, horrifying. I couldnt help but draw parallels in the treatment of the Jewish people by the Nazis and the current treatment of immigrants at our own borders. Sadly, it seems we humans will never learn. 😔
maryculverflint
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by maryculverflint »

The Arrival is a wonderful movie! I highly recommend it if you enjoy sci-fi.
Kokneeka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kokneeka »

Life of the party

It was great! at first my family didn't want to watch It, but we had a great time :D So much laughter and excitement😊
LeoIno

Post by LeoIno »

The last movie I saw was 'Midnight Sun' it was kind of entertaining to watch the story was good kind of similar to A walk to remember and The fault in our star. One thing I love most about midnight summer is the soundtrack. No, I'm not gonna write what specific song but most of it. So it would be 8/10.
Kimberly0926
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kimberly0926 »

The movie I seen recently was Life of the party with Melissa McCarthy! The rating I would give honestly would be 10/10! I laughed the entire time but I guess you can expect to laugh anytime Melissa McCarthy is in a movie!! You need to go see it!
Jovanahope9

Post by Jovanahope9 »

The last movie i saw was an Indian movie called "Trapped". It's about a man who falls in love with his coworker but she's getting married in 2 months. He asks her to be with him but she says she'll accept only if he offers her a home. Then he is searching for a flat but he doesn't have enough money to buy one so he buys one in a building that no-one lives in. And like that he was offered a very decent apartment but little did he know that in a rush the door would close and he's trapped there alone with no water, no food and no electricity on the 30th floor. He's trying to escape for a week or even more which he does at the end but It was really stressful to watch. But I recommend it anyway, it's a good movie to watch so you can respect what you already have and I rate it with a 8 out of 10.
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

Coco, the movie was set in Mexico during their all souls day. A boy named Miguel stole a dead man's guitar rendering him cursed. Due to this he crossed the bridge and went to the land of the dead. His dead family members tried to help him so he could return to the living world before the sunrise or else... The only way he could return is for his dead relative to bless him but in exchange for that he has to promise that he will never play the music and be a musician like his dead grandfather. But he refuse so his adventure in the land of the dead start...
The animation was of excellent quality as well as the creative rendering of a traditional practice. The music of the entire film was superb and stays with you. The plot and life lessons were excellent as well. My rating will be five stars out five. :)
zoharis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 198

Post by zoharis »

Brain on fire.
I rarely like this kind of movies but liked it. It is a film that spread awareness of a rare disease.
Makenna Murphy
Currently Reading: The Little Prince
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Makenna Murphy »

When I first saw []True Lies[] around age 10. From Arnold's abortive jump off the skyscraper to Jamie Lee Curtis intimidating Bill Paxton - I just loved it. Watching it again now, I'm horrified at all the cheap misogyny that flew over my prepubescent head. I give it a 6/10, and that's being generous.
shryl04
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by shryl04 »

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM
It's been three years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles. When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who's still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since prehistoric times.
More
Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril)

This movie is just a lot of fun. there's no other way to put it. Chris Pratt is outstanding and the dinosaurs are amazing as usual bu this is much more violent than the other Jurassic movies. It has a much more intense feel to it and is very violent (Characters are smashed, eaten, burned, literally torn apart) all of that is quite bloody and graphic. This movie is really fun but best kept to older teens.
Burgundy1991
Currently Reading: Poldark
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burgundy1991.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Burgundy1991 »

I watched 'I am here... now' by Neil Breen on Monday with friends. It follows a Being (God? An alien? Both?) who visits Earth, disappointed that His creation is not what he'd wanted it to be. He comes across various people and tries to teach them how to treat each other and live their lives, and look after the planet.

Neil Breen has made various films and has gained a reputation to make terrible films. Think of The Room and Birdemic: films that have cult status because they're so bad!
shaw01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by shaw01 »

Stranger things season 1...interestingly scary and its with kids who use somewhat strong languages ..And adults too.. Very interesting...😀😀
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I havent been here for some time but I saw one of the good old good ones yesterday. The original 1954 Japanese version of Gojira subbed in English. Most everyone is familiar with the 1956 American version Godzilla with Raymond Burr, which is not a bad movie but it was adapted for American audiences and re-edited into just a cheezy monster movie. Gojira was a complete turn around, its a very serious metaphor for nuclear destruction. The FX were crude, Japan was still recovering from the war and there were shortages of rubber, things like that. But they did pretty good with what they had. The movie was very well put together, the acting was great and it holds ones attention all the way through. There is one chilling shot of Godzilla's head against the sky that looks like a nuclear explosion. The awesome and unusual soundtrack by Akira Ifukube fit the darkness of the film perfectly. Some critics consider it one of the best movies to come out of Japan. 4 out of 5 this one. Oh yeah, the name Gojira. Its Japanese for gorilla-whale. The Americans named it Godzilla.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
samiam013
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiam013.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by samiam013 »

Just saw the new Jumanji and I must say it was a great movie. I laughed out loud from beginning to end. Can not give this a high enough rating. Love this thread! Thanks for creating it!
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

Smiles are contagious! Infect someone today! :D
Amanpreetsinghc055

Post by Amanpreetsinghc055 »

The last movie I saw was Sanju which is really a nice movie you won’t stop laughing crying.you even want the moment going should be slow as every word is worth listening.
Rating 5 out of 5

Return to “Films and Books”