What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
NancyLopez47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancylopez47.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by NancyLopez47 »

I just watched the Richard Linklater trilogy "Before Sunrise", ''Before Sunset", and "Before Midnight". Quite touching!
Salder
Currently Reading: Winning the war on cancer
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Salder »

I saw "siren". The movie was super duper awesome. An horror movie though, it was thrilling, the excitement was so popping, action-packed, suspense-filled, comedy-laced. it made my day
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

I saw Life of the Party for a second time, and I liked it okay the first time, but it was hard to watch the second. It could use more jokes, and it's heavy-handed with the plot, which has a lot of holes. I love Melissa McCarthy, but this doesn't compare to some of her other performances.
Elldarling
Currently Reading: The Picture of Dorian Gray
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elldarling.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Elldarling »

Hello! I’m new to this website but am extremely happy I found it. Reading and watching movies are my only two passions in life at the moment:)

The last movie I watched was Call Me by Your Name and to be honest, it wasn’t as great as I had hoped. My friends were raving about it and I absolutely adore Armie Hammer so of course I have in and watched it.

There were some interesting bits I might add, and the Elio’s father had some great words of wisdom near the end. I just found the ending rather dissapointing and it kind of tarnished the rest of the movie for me.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Terry + Haney

Post by Terry + Haney »

Justice league, loved it, great version of old cartoon classic. :D
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Miss Sloane, well-acted by Jessica Chastain in the title role. Very dialogue-based. Thought it would be dull initially but I did enjoy it. 8.5 out of 10.
Mzzackerman

Post by Mzzackerman »

So he last movie i recently watched was today and it was called "Halloween." It was a scary film about the all known bad guy Michael Myers. To be honest it was more funny then scary. And the overall rating for this was a 1 in horror but a 9.5 in comedy!
Cdeutsch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdeutsch.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Cdeutsch »

The last movie I saw was Avengers Infinity War and I thought it was too long. I found myself bored with all of the five m fight s scenes and wish they had all been shorter.

I like Marvel movies, and I certainty know what to expect when I walk into the theater, but 2.5 hours was simply too much for me.

Additionally, I felt like the story didn't really support all of the characters and battles. I understand what Marvel was doing, I jyst don't think they did it well.
bockjd

Post by bockjd »

I saw "Book Club" on Monday and laughed myself silly. As a woman of a certain age, I noted that nearly everyone in the audience was also a woman of a certain age, so I'm not sure if younger viewers would enjoy this half as much.

I enjoyed the female characters very much. I was a bit concerned, though, that all that the "nice guys" had to do was just listen, be polite, and show their interest. That alone was enough to send the women into a tizzy. Is it really that simple for men? Is it really that complex for women? Perhaps the film could have added more development to the "quality" of the relationships themselves.

Anyway, this film had me laughing in a way that no film has in quite a long time. Two thumbs up!
Kirbylini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirbylini.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Kirbylini »

Ragnarok. I don't really like the marvel movies, but I'd give it a 4/5. Best one since Iron Man in my opinion, but I have seen Infinity War yet.
selena0698
Currently Reading:

Post by selena0698 »

Avengers: infinity war. I like it. I have waited a long time. It's really execllent from the content to actors. I'm fan of Avengers.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. To me, it gets a 5/10 because it felt a bit choppy compared to the book. Then again, the book is almost always better than the movie.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
James Wray
Currently Reading: True Grit

Post by James Wray »

I took my daughter to see Adrift this weekend. I let her pick the movie we were going to see. We really enjoyed this movie. It is based on a true story and I love true stories. You guys should check it out.
David66
Currently Reading: Master the Law of Attraction
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by David66 »

Ermmm It was avengers 2018, I saw last at the cinema, for me it was too predictable, the way they got rid of thanos and also the way the world ended, everything was so easy, I expected more cause it's avengers we are talking about.
I rate it 6/10
llpwap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-llpwap.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Post by llpwap »

The last movie I saw in a theatre was Breaking Dawn part 2. 😂I don’t get to the movies much. The last movie I watched at home was the remake of Jumanji.

Return to “Films and Books”