What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
ekgonzales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekgonzales.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by ekgonzales »

Disney's Coco! It was excellent!! 5 out of 5 stars!
naicme32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naicme32.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Post by naicme32 »

I watched, "get out". It was written by Jordan Peele. I was literally praying for an escape for the lead actor. I love the visual method in which the screenwriter portrayed his character.
Tcutshall
Currently Reading: Mine to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Tcutshall »

Fifty Shades Freed. I give it a four star rating. Normally I prefer books over the movies but in the case of Fifty Shades I like the movies. They’re more rounded as far as seeing the overall characters as opposed to the books who only give you one or two POVs
rnraa99
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by rnraa99 »

Mr. Right starring Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell. It’s a romantic comedy and I find it hilarious. I enjoyed the pacing of the movie and how quirky the characters were, especially “Francis”, the reverse hitman :lol:
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

The last movie I saw was Percy Jackson and the lightning thief. Movie itself was laudable but could not do justice with the book. It altered many interesting scenes from the book. I will rate it 6/10
bookreviewer2016
Currently Reading: The Silent Corner
Bookshelf Size: 2910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewer2016.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by bookreviewer2016 »

The last movie I saw was Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I give it 4/5 stars. I thought it was really good, but I didn't like some minor things about the movie. One thing in particular we talked about after the movie was how it's called The Last Jedi, but hints at the end that there's another Jedi. So, it's not really the last.
raluk_meli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by raluk_meli »

I have to admit that I've been leaning towards TV series lately.. I get sad when a movie is so good, but it seems soo short !
I've watched The Aviator early this week and I really liked it ! For starters, the colors !!.. I'm into that color scheme so it was an obvious plus for me. I'm not the biggest DiCaprio fan, but the man can act, no doubt about it.. The cast is great and the actors did an amazing job !
I gave it an 8 on imdb just because I felt it was a bit lacking .. maybe the plot a bit rushed in some places, like random scenes or stuff.. BUT still a very good movie !
Pixydust
Currently Reading: The Top Ten Things Dead People Want to Tell YOU
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pixydust »

The last movie I saw was The Black Panther. I rate it 10 out of 10. It was much better than I expected. Both characters viewpoint made perfect sense. Despite the high ratings, I would not see it again. But, I would enjoy seeing the sequel to this.
Matricia92
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service

Post by Matricia92 »

I recently saw The Shape of Water from Guillermo del Toro. Honestly, I simply loved it. I love romantic books plus paranormal. I loved the idea of an amphibian man falling in love with a human. I loved the whole concept of the creature. The actress, Sally Hawkins, did a great performance through her expressive acting. Call me weird, but the amphibian mas was attractive and cute too. I would give it a 9 out of 10.
Wilson mabele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Wilson mabele »

the gifted it is good and adventure series and nostalgic
Ritch_Bentley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritch-bentley.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Ritch_Bentley »

Wind River with Jeremy Renner. Highly enjoyed it.

In theaters, Black Panther. Also enjoyed that one. Other than Logan or Deadpool it may be my favorite superhero/comic movie.
gabverywel

Post by gabverywel »

My last movie was Maze Runner: The death Cure. I know its late but yeah, it is. My rating is 10/10. Surely Newt made me cry!!
Blanca417

Post by Blanca417 »

"The Black Panther"
I thought it was a very well made and entertaining.
The dialogue and the action packed scenes captured my interest and kept me very involved and interested in what would happen next.
I would highly recommend the movie to everyone, kids and adults alike.
I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
Tobbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobbs.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Tobbs »

Fantastic Beasts 2​
Omohobhio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Omohobhio »

Last movie was Modern Family. Everyone talked about it except me. Had to watch it finally. Nice movie. Still on it tho.

Return to “Films and Books”