What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by ayoomisope »

Wow. This thread has been here for so long but I do love movies so I can't resist. The last movie I saw was Avengers: Age of Ultron. I saw it first at the cinemas but decided to see it again last week. Great movie. Rate it 4 out 4.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

The last movie I watched was "The Shack" and it was absolutely brilliant. Hadn't heard of it before it was recommended to me by a friend. It was easily the most emotionally nerve racking movie I had watched in a while. It was fictional though it was so convincingly real I didn't quite believe the disclaimer that "this is fiction. All similarities between characters living or dead are purely coincidental...."
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I havent been on here for some time, glad to see this thread is still going.

The last few days I watched the Gamera 90's trilogy, They were as one reviewer put it, like a breath of fresh air and IMO the best kaiju films since Gojira 1954. The earlier Gamera films were crudely made for young children and wernt up to much. But these three were a lot different, made more for adults. The FX were much better, not up to American standards but still very good. The third and last film in the trilogy, Revenge Of Iris is the best, some might find it kind of dark and depressing and I didnt like the way it ended, it left you thinking there should be a sequel but the studio that made them changed owners and they arent going to make any more kaiju films. Still its a great film especially the Japanese version with English subtitles. I would rate them 8 out of 10.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Lincolnshirelass wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 04:35 I have recently (on a rare trip to the cinema) seen 'Darkest Hour', and it was excellent. Of course I knew that Churchill suffered from depression, but this was a moving evocation of it, against a brilliantly well realised reproduction of wartime parliament, and Gary Oldman definitely deserves an Oscar.
That sounds like a great film, Id like to see it if it ever comes out on video.

There was a film about Churchill that came out some years ago with Albert Finney as Churchill that was very good and historically accurate. I think it was a BBC or PBS production, cant remember for sure.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
innah96
Currently Reading: How A Good Person Can Really Win
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innah96.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by innah96 »

I watched Fifty Shades Freed last Friday, and to be honest - I didn't enjoy it a lot. After the first movie, it seems like they try too hard to make the movies flow and be interesting. It felt a bit pushed.

Has anyone else watched it? What is your opinion on it?
Jtminor5
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jtminor5.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Jtminor5 »

I, very rarely get to see a movie in the theatre, so it's difficult to remember the last one. It's been that long... :lol: The last one I saw at home was Wonder Woman. It wasn't bad, but not great either. I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch it. I finally was able to watch to the end, but only bc I wanted to know how it ended.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

The last movie I saw was The Greatest Showman. I found it to be a clean, family-friendly movie that I could recommend to my friends with a clear conscience.
Happiness2324
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Happiness2324 »

Last movie i saw was (cut it up) and it was very intersting that i do not want to stop watching it
innah96
Currently Reading: How A Good Person Can Really Win
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innah96.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by innah96 »

Has anyone watched ''The murder on the Orient Express'' that came out in November last year? I love Agatha Christie, and I love the book, but I don't want to be disappointed with the movie... Also, is is at all different than the book?
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I watched one of the good old good ones last night, The Day Mars Invaded Earth from 1963 with Kent Taylor and Marie Windsor. A very well made low-budget sci-fi film, no special effects to speak of, no violence but a very effective chilling realistic film about Martians taking over human bodies. The production values were very good and its at the top of the line of cheapo sci-fi and horror movies from that era. I would give it a solid 10.
McFatter

Post by McFatter »

The last movie I saw was I, Tonya on Valentine's Day night. It was a riot. Margot Robbie and Allison Janney were phenomenal. Sebastian Stan was completely unrecognizable (which is a tribute to his talent as an actor). I loved the mockumentary-style and fourth wall breaking.
Five stars for sure.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

The last movie I saw was a Chinese movie named Hero. It was pretty impressive in its treatment of the script . I would rate it a 4 out of 4 .
JavaDaBud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javadabud.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by JavaDaBud »

Colonia
This movie contains:
  • Love
    Lost
    Sacrifices
    Consequences of ignorance
    Courage
    And lot more.
Plot

Lena (Emma Watson)’s boyfriend becomes a prisoner during a military coup in Chile, in 1973. She tracks him and finds out he’s in a sealed-off organization called “Colonia Dignidad”. Lena joins the cult to save her boyfriend.

The cult is run by a religious preacher Paul Schafer. It is not easy to bare the challenges in the cult when you’re a woman, since they teach them that women are a class below men, and they are full of sin. There is extreme violence involved when you do not meet the requirements.

And it is a true story. the moment you finish watching you will be furiously using google to find out the real images and facts that have been shown in the movie.

Plus, Emma Watson nails the movie.
In my opinion, this movie is a solid 8/10
IrishGrl47

Post by IrishGrl47 »

The last movie I saw was Fifty Shades Darker based on the last book of the triology, written by E L James. The movie was filled with all the same S&M bondage with the same main character actors who played the first two movies, only this time they got married. The movie had an interesting plot which made it more intriguing.
I enjoyed Fifty Shades Darker very much, of the three, this was my favorite.
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

We are a little behind and watched Star Wars Attack of the Clones last night. I give Kudos to Disney Studios and Lucas Films. We were in Disney World and saw a review montage of all the films. We immediately went out and purchased the blue rays.

Return to “Films and Books”