What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Eileen R »

Last movie I saw a was black panther. I'd heard so many good things about it that I thought the reviews were somehow exaggerated but after watching it I have to agree that it scores a perfect ten. Great movie.
Aratmary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aratmary.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Aratmary »

The last movie I saw was a Christian movie titled "Tribulation Night". It is very expository and eye opening. It is a movie you must watch.
Raghav Kotak
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Raghav Kotak »

I saw The Shawshank Redemption and I am just so grateful to Frank Darabont for making this greatly gratifying film. It engulfs you in its charm and renders you speechless.
I'd rate it a 10/10. Just flawless.
Probably the best I have seen till date.
Thanks Team Shawshank!
javelin276
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javelin276.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by javelin276 »

Hi Guys,
The movie I just saw was "Ready Player One" (rated PG) which I thought was fantastic! Like a lot of us, I grew up playing the video games back in the late 70's, 80's and 90's (yes, I'm older) that inspired the movie. I read the book first at the recommendation of one of my brothers, then went to see the movie just like I did way back when Star Wars debuted. It was great fun. It really gets you thinking about the possibilities available with VR (virtual reality). Entire worlds of imagination open up when you think about it, things I'd really like to try, places I'd really like to go. Experiences wouldn't be limited by the size of your wallet and your ability to travel in the real world. My wife is handicapped, so we don't really travel very far, and VR has the capability of opening up a massive world to you despite any limitations. The movie also addressed some of the pitfalls of VR, loss of social contact with real people, lack of social skills, the failings I see in a lot of the younger generation around us.

Anyway, if you like video games go see the movie! You'll really like it. The book is well written too. I also read his second book "Armada" which is a revisit of "The Last Starfighter" theme, but it wasn't as well written as his first book. It needed deeper character development.

Cheers!
Derick Kadimbure
Currently Reading:

Post by Derick Kadimbure »

I have just finished watching black panther. Wow what a nice movie it is! Seriously ryan Coogler is a nice director. I rate it 9 out of 10
tirzahhawkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by tirzahhawkins »

One of my favorite new movies was the live action Beauty and the Beast. It was incredibly well done. Emma Watson was amazing. If you loved the original, this one will make you happy.
I think it's rated pg. There are some really scary spots with the wolves that I would protect young children from.
foxtrot101

Post by foxtrot101 »

So I saw Ready Player One yesterday and thought it was a really enjoyable movie. I love gaming and this movie really gave a huge new perspective on it. Seeing that gaming could possibly become an everyday thing for people. Just imagine living in your favorite game and being the main character of it. Also the 80s music really made me wanna dance. :lol2:
BethOLee
Currently Reading: Burn Bright
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by BethOLee »

I just watched "Split" by M Night Shyamalan. I thought it was really well done and there was much thought and research done on DID. James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy did wonderful work. I would rate this a 5 out of 5.
Pritha Banerjee
Currently Reading: Some Prefer Nettles
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Pritha Banerjee »

The last movie I watched was "Cafe Society" by Woody Allen. It has the same tone, colour and play as Allen usually creates. Also, it is entirely an amalgamation of all the love advices he bestows on people, in the most Hollywood way possible! I don't want to perplex readers by portraying it as a good movie. Well, it's not. It is the most typical movie of Allen you could probably come across. Nevertheless, I watched it till the end, and it couldn't get more predictable.
I rate it 3 out of 10.
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Makena Mugendi »

I watched Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, starring The Rock and Kevin Hart. It was hilarious and action-packed, but there were parts that were a little cheesy. It still is a great movie though, and I would rate it 8 out of 10.
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

Latest movie I have seen is Thor ragnarok ,on scale of 4.I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars .Its a great SciFi action with hint of comedy .
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
SkyeDragon
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skyedragon.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by SkyeDragon »

The latest movie I have seen is Pacific Rim. I would rate this movie 4 out of 4 stars. This is an action-packed and fast pace Sci-Fi movie.
KatrinaP
Currently Reading: Tempest's Fury
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katrinap.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by KatrinaP »

Last night I watched Dredd, the remake of Judge Dredd, for the fifth time, and I would give it a 9 out of 10! Despite the fact that it is a bloody action flick, and the remake of a notoriously bad movie as well, it is so stylish and well done that I absolutely love it. There is a lot of gore, but that acting is great and the story is very exciting.
BeatrixPotter
Favorite Book: A Higher Loyalty
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrixpotter.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by BeatrixPotter »

I saw Amazing Grace, a historical drama about the life of William Wilberforce, who was a leader in abolishing the slave trade in Britain. Wilberforce was influenced by John Newton, an Anglican pastor who wrote the hymn, Amazing Grace. Watched a DVD version with my book club after we read the book of the same name by Eric Metaxas.
Actually this film was not based on the book, as it predated the book by a year, but was another look at Wilberforce that focused more on how he was influenced by Newton. I would rate it 4 stars as a well-done historical drama.
"There's so much more to a book than just the reading."
-- Maurice Sendak
RalphGio

Post by RalphGio »

Pure Love, a korean movie that will make you cry all your emotions out of your heart. It is a movie that will make you realize the essence and true meaning of life and friendship. It is must watch movie because it is exciting and inspiring movie. 10/10 for the movie 💖💖💖

Return to “Films and Books”