What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Lolababs94 »

The last movie I saw was the Black Panther movie. I loooooved it! Most people were excited because it was the first action movie with an all-black cast. I was excited because it was a great action movie that just happened to have an all-black cast. 10 out of 10. My favourite character was Mbaku. The guy was hilarious!
cpivie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by cpivie »

The last movie I watched was The Greatest Showman; I loved it! I'd give it a 8 out of 10. There were certainly elements I was less than impressed with, but I would definitely watch it again and would like to own it. I love musicals, the quality was great, and the story was fun even if the character and plot arc weren't really original (movie development has been distilled to such a science that most movies feel repetetive to some degree).
J3nni315
Currently Reading: Music to My Ears (Pre-Release Beta Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j3nni315.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by J3nni315 »

The last movie I saw was Call Me By Your Name. The movie was absolutely stunning with its visual elements and the dynamic between all the characters, especially between Elio and Oliver. The movie is simply about two people falling in love with each other so deeply that they are one person. 4 out of 4 stars.
IntrovertBooklover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-introvertbooklover.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by IntrovertBooklover »

The last movie I saw was Avengers: Infinity War. The beginning and ending were sad to me. Other than that, good movie. Rating: 3/4 (alternative: 8/10)
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

I just watched Ant Man about twenty minutes ago. It was pretty good. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I am in love with the Marvel franchise! I just started watching them about a month ago and I am all caught up and ready to watch Avengers: Infinity War! Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts? No spoilers please!
f-callisaya
Favorite Book: The Fellowship of the Ring
Currently Reading: Blood of the Prophets
Bookshelf Size: 1546
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by f-callisaya »

Avengers: Infinity War for the 2nd time. Between an 8 and 9/10, just because a few things (like Loki's weak scheming in the very beginning and some of the continuity issues) bugged me a bit.

My favorite thing about the film is that it can both be a great (if heart wrenching) popcorn action flick or you can really delve into its underpinnings in one of the oldest moral and philosophical arguments in history. How does one weigh the worth of an individual against that of the group? I'm both excited and afraid to see how the next movie plays out.
-brintontaylor
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brintontaylor.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by -brintontaylor »

The last movie I watched I think was "Wild Child" . I love the actor Emma Roberts so I decided to give it a go and it did not disappoint! I recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good comedy with a bit of romance on the side! It's just one of those films you can go back to and re-watch when you're bored because its light hearted and fun

I'd give it a 10/10! :D
jaiima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by jaiima »

I saw Deadpool last week and it was sooo good! Way better than the first, imo. I'd give it a 4/4 for excellent balance of humor, action, romance, and more.
amaarchowdhury
Currently Reading: Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaarchowdhury.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by amaarchowdhury »

Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049.

Usually with sequels I go in with low expectations, especially when the film is as good as the original. Was extremely surprised by the quality of the new film. Rather than dwelling on the original too much and focussing on Decker, 2049 goes further and expands the story further without ruining the characters from the original. The director(Denis Villeneuve) did a fantastic job and I'm really excited for the Dune movies he's working on.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

The last movie I watched was Thor: Ragnarok. It was awesome, I give it a 10 of 10. By far one of the most fun Marvel movies.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Sonaali+3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sonaali+3 »

The last movie I saw was Raid
.It was of Ajay Devgan ,it was not such a hot but still it was a good movie.People interested in politics and government genre may find it amusing. Even the acting quality was good
It is one time watch movie and is interesting in some parts.
beckbeck123
Currently Reading: Serial Killers
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by beckbeck123 »

Last movie I saw was hunger, Irish prisoners on a hunger strike based on real events, very through prevoking however At times can be a disturbing watch. Overall I rate it 7/10 it’s hard to watch at times but makes you think a lot about issues in the past.
Psyche29

Post by Psyche29 »

The last movie that i saw was The greatest Showman. It's a very nice movie for the family because it demonstrates love for family and friends. It will teach us that sometimes pursuing your ambition can ruin family and friendship.
All in all I'll rate it 10 out of 10.
asif468
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by asif468 »

My last movie was Deadpool 2, movie is same as usual as part 1.
Marvels each and every supermen character is awesome. In that Deadpool character is so different than others.
Totally enjoyed and waiting for part 3 with little more creativity.
Ratings: 7.5/10 :tiphat:
Lawkwhud

Post by Lawkwhud »

The last movie I saw was Baywatch..
I enjoyed the movie because I'm a Dwayne Johnson and Zach Efron fan...
Buh the presence of Alexandra Dadario and Priyankra Chopra totally gave me goosebumps...
they totally stole the movie from the guys..
I bet anyone who has seen tge movie can relate

Return to “Films and Books”