What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...
hee.. i love Marilyn Monroe movies... which i dont undestand since i hate everything she stands for... I dont know... she cracks me up... good enough for me.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

laci_baby wrote:Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...
hee.. i love Marilyn Monroe movies... which i dont undestand since i hate everything she stands for... I dont know... she cracks me up... good enough for me.
I loved that one too laci_baby ..... we all need a bit of escapism to keep our sanity.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Marilyn Monroe is a fantastic icon of femininity and fashion and style, plus many people dont appreciate just how good a singer she was.
You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

StephenKingman wrote:Marilyn Monroe is a fantastic icon of femininity and fashion and style, plus many people dont appreciate just how good a singer she was.
JFK appreciated her singing!
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Fran wrote:
StephenKingman wrote:Marilyn Monroe is a fantastic icon of femininity and fashion and style, plus many people dont appreciate just how good a singer she was.
JFK appreciated her singing!
Yeah...and look what it cost her!
Shadowpapoose

Post by Shadowpapoose »

I just watched Fido which was strangly awesome. Its a story that takes place in the 50s in a world where zombies are domesticated
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

SKm- i just meant that all of the movies she was in she was a Gold-digger that everyone loved... i hate people like that but strangely love Marilyn.

Shadowpapoose- I loved Fido... it's extremely strange but you can't help but love it. I havent seen that in so long... now i have to find it!!!

Just watched A Very Long Engagement with Audrey Tautou and i have to admit she's by far my favorite actress... i loved it. I can't even stop thinking about that movie... how did i live without this movie??
Now the only problem im having is that she doesnt make enough movies.....
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Shadowpapoose

Post by Shadowpapoose »

laci_baby wrote:
Just watched A Very Long Engagement with Audrey Tautou and i have to admit she's by far my favorite actress... i loved it. I can't even stop thinking about that movie... how did i live without this movie??
Now the only problem im having is that she doesnt make enough movies.....
I LOVE Audrey!!! If you don't mind reading dubbed stuff she has a bunch of french movies that a lot of people don't watch, but are actually pretty good :)
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

Shadowpapoose wrote:I just watched Fido which was strangly awesome. Its a story that takes place in the 50s in a world where zombies are domesticated
That movie is sitting in my instant queue for netflix.... I've been meaning to watch it. Did you like it?
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Shadowpapoose

Post by Shadowpapoose »

Mairin wrote:
Shadowpapoose wrote:I just watched Fido which was strangly awesome. Its a story that takes place in the 50s in a world where zombies are domesticated
That movie is sitting in my instant queue for netflix.... I've been meaning to watch it. Did you like it?
I did! It was really odd and not what I was expecting. I mean it's silly and all but once you get past that it's actually a good movie!
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

Shadowpapoose~ Which i'll never understand... people dont know what they're missing... she's amazing.
I dont mind subtitles... i know some French so it's mostly pretty easy but there is the occasional word that has me searching for the subby.

Just watched Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yay!
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Tweedle Dum we've found another Audrey Tautou fan!
I'm so amazed!!!
She seriously is just fantastic! I love French movies anyways... So who cares about reading subtitles, haha, I do even if it's English.

The Invisible, which I just watched again last night, isn't so bad for a thriller. I love the twist of character for Annie and Nick as well from seeing her life.
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
WordSharp.net

Post by WordSharp.net »

last movie I saw was Goodbye Lenin. It's German. I think it would be PG.

Marty
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

I have never heard of that one, haha, checking it out now though.
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

I havent seen it yet but i cant wait for Paranormal Activity 2 as i really enjoyed the first one, it will be interesting to see if they can match the hype of the original :?

Return to “Films and Books”