What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
taffylee81
Favorite Book: King of Ashes
Currently Reading: Scales of Empire
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taffylee81.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by taffylee81 »

I just watched Mission Impossible: Fallout, and if you like action movies you will definitely enjoy it. It follows on from the last one, and has some pretty amazing stunts and action sequences.
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

Eight Grade. 7/10. Really like the lightheartedness of it, but when got more serious, didn't like it as much. Performances were great. The story was average.
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Babita Pandey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Babita Pandey »

Last movie that I saw was GARAM, A South Indian movie.
It was a nice movie, story, action, acting was amazing.
Alekhya001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Alekhya001 »

The latest movie I watched was Goodachari(Spy), an Indian mystery/thriller film. I thought it was awesome and I would definitely recommend you to watch it if its screening in your country. The plot was gripping and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen even for a minute; the action too was impressive. It does not have a lavish budget but the storyline and acting more than made up for it. I would rate it a 3.5/4.
KestenH

Post by KestenH »

The last movie I saw was Baby Driver at a friend's house, and it was phenomenal. Excellent use of "show don't tell" and a good story with good characters. It was extremely fun to sit through. My only issue is that there were about 10 different climaxes before the movie finally ended.

Rating: 9/10
eff valerie pahayac
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by eff valerie pahayac »

:tiphat: The last movie I saw is entitled, One player game in which it talks about how the future gaming environment looks like and the lifestyle of the people in the society. This movie portrays an amazing feature when it comes to the modernization of the technologies and it really gives a moral to how people should value reality instead of sticking around for their entire life in the virtual sphere.
deansimpala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by deansimpala »

Love, Simon, which deserves a 8.5/10 rating. It was a cute movie and did not stray too much from the book's version.
Raymartubnt

Post by Raymartubnt »

The last movie I saw was The Midnight Sun and based on the plot, characters,cinematography and overall quality its 10/10.
jlenin
Currently Reading: Tales from Piney Grove
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by jlenin »

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, a very nice movie although a bit of disappointment on the end because i dont know how human and dinosaurs are going to lived in one place . It will gonna be like prey and predator in a cage.
Tarison
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tarison »

infinity war but don't really understand why some of the super hero had to die
Chi_pego
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-pego.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Chi_pego »

Mother!..... I would give it a 3.8 star rating
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

Pulp Fiction - I'd never seen it before but I already knew a lot of the story because it's iconic.
A bit violent and rude but a very good film!
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Harley-Panda wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 02:53 Pulp Fiction - I'd never seen it before but I already knew a lot of the story because it's iconic.
A bit violent and rude but a very good film!
A friend of mine gave me Pulp Fiction and told me to watch it. I thought it was OK but nothing to write home about. I gave it back to him, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I asked him to lend it to me again and on the second viewing it floored me. After seeing it the second time I thought it was great. The same thing happened with the book The Pickwick Club by Charles Dickens. The first time I read it I didn't care for it at all. After a few years I read it again just for the hell of it. The second time I loved it.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
John Harig
Currently Reading: The Seven Storey Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by John Harig »

I just finished watching "Captain Johnno". It is about a deaf 10 year old boy who lives by the sea and has problems getting along with his father. He has only two friends, an older sister and a young fisherman named Tony. When his sister is sent off to boarding school, he becomes dispondent and runs away. The movie is very good but it would have been much better if they had developed the personality of the boy a little more. I liked him and felt a little compassion for him, but very little empathy.
BethLawrence1
Currently Reading: How to be Champion
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethlawrence1.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by BethLawrence1 »

The film I watched recently was Mama Mia 2: Here We Go Again, it was amazing! It was such a feel-good musical and all of the characters were so loveable and the new cast did so well to portray the younger versions of their legacy characters. They also featured some newer ABBA songs which I absolutely loved and have been listening to the soundtrack ever since!

Return to “Films and Books”