What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
capricornius16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricornius16.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by capricornius16 »

Last movie I saw was Upgrade. It's a great little film by one of the guys who created Saw and Insidious but this is a sci-fi actioner.
Shaldas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shaldas »

The last movie i saw is titled Gringo.
About a young african american encountering difficulties in his life and at the end prevailing. The movie was quite great portraying the native culture of the african american and still keeping it american based.
I rated the movie a 7.6 out of 10.
You all should see it. Really great movie👌.
Ccaron92

Post by Ccaron92 »

I just watched the movie Circus Kane. It's absolutely worth the time if you have prime, and have an appreciation for bad movies. It stars Jonathan Lipnicki (Jerry Maguire, The Little Vampire) as young man caught in a death game. Eight people are invited to the house of Balthasar Kane, a circus clown who was arrested for arson and murder. He invites the eight contestants to take part in "Circus Kane." It turns out Circus Kane is where you get killed for real. It's a mixture of Saw and basically any other death game show or movie out there. The dialogue is hysterically bad, and the blood effect is legitimately cherry filling. I had a blast being confused by it. I would highly recommend as a 'get together with friends' sort of movie.
I would rate it a 1 out of 4 professionally, but a 4 out of 4 for pure entertainment value.
swlly
Currently Reading: City of Bones; (The Mortal Instuments)
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swlly.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by swlly »

The last movie I watched was Hotel Transylvania 3 and yes it’s a kids movie but hear me out! It was actually quiet funny and it has a bit of comedy for the adults, so I would recommend it for a family day out. 4/4 stars.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

The Family Man which is sort of a cross between It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol .

I thought it was a good movie. I wouldn't call it great but it was a lighthearted and fun movie to watch. Very entertaining - at least I thought so.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

swlly wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 23:35 The last movie I watched was Hotel Transylvania 3 and yes it’s a kids movie but hear me out! It was actually quiet funny and it has a bit of comedy for the adults, so I would recommend it for a family day out. 4/4 stars.
I love Hotel Transylvania but I haven't watched 3 yet. Can't wait.
Raya raymond

Post by Raya raymond »

swlly wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 23:35 The last movie I watched was Hotel Transylvania 3 and yes it’s a kids movie but hear me out! It was actually quiet funny and it has a bit of comedy for the adults, so I would recommend it for a family day out. 4/4 stars.
:lol2: I love Hotel Transylvania but I haven't watched 3 yet. Can't wait.
Raya raymond

Post by Raya raymond »

Behaving Badly 9 out of 10
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

This week I've watched a few. My favorite was Murder on the Orient Express. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

I've also watched The Black Panther which I'd give 4 out of 5 stars, and Avengers Infinity War which I'd give 3/5 stars. I expected to love it, but I was rather disappointed in the ending.
I understand though that there's going to be a sequel. But, in my opinion, it just seems like they stopped the story midway through...
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Olivia Grace
Currently Reading: Happiness is All We Want!
Bookshelf Size: 310

Post by Olivia Grace »

Last movie I saw was Avengers: Infinity War. I was a big fan (might be a bit biased since I love all Avengers movies :wink: )
I gave it a 5/5 and would definitely watch it again if I stumbled upon it somewhere :D
2Dandelions
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2dandelions.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by 2Dandelions »

The last movie I saw was Slenderman. It was okay. It had some solid jump scares, cool effects, and talented actors. It wasn't too unique as far as horror movies go and a good chunk of the film was predictable. 2.5/5.
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

I went to see The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last night and loved it! I had no idea what to expect thanks to the quirky title but it was brilliant! I highly recommend.
acupofsubtletea
Currently Reading: A Study in Charlotte
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acupofsubtletea.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by acupofsubtletea »

I saw Crazy Rich Asians last week and absolutely loved it. I normally have a lot of nitpicky things to say after seeing a movie based on a book I’ve read, but I thought this movie was so well done and stayed true to the spirit and fun of the book that I didn’t even pay attention to the differences. And I loved having such great Asian representation in film!
rebecca_j_kaufman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by rebecca_j_kaufman »

I watched the new Ghost Busters movie. It was okay, definitely not the original but I loved the ladies in it! Nice little cameos of the original cast members. Except two. 3/5 popcorn bags for me.
jdy
Currently Reading: We Make God Cry
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdy.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by jdy »

The last movie I watched was on the Pure Flix app. The name of it was Touched By Grace and was very good. I would definitely recommend this movie for others to watch, especially for young adolescents and teens. It is a good example of what happens when someone is bullied.

Return to “Films and Books”