What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
dennis28
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by dennis28 »

last one I sew was avengers infinity wars...not really what I expected... it was surprisingly interesting
Hannah Mo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mo.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hannah Mo »

I watched Avengers Infinity War, on rotten tomatoes it has a rating of 84%. I personally loved the movie, the action and plot was very interesting.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

This morning, I put the alarm clock without realizing it, but when I turned on the TV, I ran into Zootopia. I saw it in pieces, but this time I got to see the whole movie altogether. Very entertaining, with well-developed characters and powerful emotional moments. There were a couple of unnecessary clichés it could have avoided some references to cult movies or cult series (The Godfather, Breaking Bad), but I can still give 8/10.
Sharoon

Post by Sharoon »

The last movie I saw was battleship. Which was an epic action movie. There was nothing to learn from it but the interesting thing was the technology introduced by the navy. It was shown that how weak people have become and think that they can't do nothing but the sences and power given by God helps them to do something which they don't even believe they can do. Another interesting part was that I really thought that I want to share with you all friends reading this is that war is made by humans. If we stop thinking about attacking neighbor countries and helping them by providing them according to their needs or in simple words to help them instead of telling them worse. The world isn't worse the humans and environment has made it. Thanks for reading this guys.....
Jack Prodigal

Post by Jack Prodigal »

"Red Sparrow"

Eh... not great but worth a watch. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. A few brutal scenes, but take them for their shock value and they don't detract from the film. Jennifer Lawrence does a decent enough job.
Ailene01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ailene01 »

The last movie i saw was avengers infinity war just curious of the sequel. Its funny and action packed movie but not satisfy with plot maybe because i expected too much.
chipmunck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipmunck.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by chipmunck »

I just watched Black Panther last night. OMG that was amazing. I heard great things about it and I heard it was over rated. I have to say no matter what I have been told I really enjoyed the movie. It was full of action plus dynamic storyline. I thought that costumes were on point. The story keeps moving and kept me so engaged. I really enjoyed it.
jessicawallace6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicawallace6.html
Latest Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by jessicawallace6 »

Hoo boy, this thread seems to have been going nearly 8 years!

The last movie I saw (in its completion, anyway. I'm terrible about stopping and starting) was Yorgos Lathimos's Killing of a Sacred Deer. It's a surrealist, kind of absurd horror, and I think it's a fantastic movie. I'm not incredibly familiar with the particular Greek myth it's based off of (killing of Iphigenia, I believe?), but I'd probably rate it 4.5/5.

Makes me want to read up on Greek mythos again. :techie-studyinggray:
Lovelybook

Post by Lovelybook »

I recently watched a beautiful film called Big Fish and Begonia. It's a touching story and the art is visually stunning. A cross between Miyazaki, Hosoda, and Shinkai. was sad, laughing, and overall moved. Rotten tomatoes gave it a 90% rating...I was generous because in my movie-loving opinion it scored high at 100%.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Finally, I decided to watch the Black Panther movie. Fairly entertaining, and all the conflicts between the tribes of Wakanda and their position around the rest of the world turned out to be very interesting. While the character of Michael B. Jordan (Killmonger) was very well built as an antagonist, I wasn't entirely convinced by the performance of the actor, and some of the action scenes were a bit over the top. Although I can place it among the best of the MCU films, I can't give it more than 7.6 / 10.
MackenziePerez

Post by MackenziePerez »

First time doing this!

I just finished watching the movie "Breaking In" recently and I have got to say that the movie gave me a thrill, the suspense that you get from each scene was euphoric that I was seating at the edge of my seat. But throughout the movie, I was confused as to why these 4 men want to take Shaun's late father's money, do they want revenge? But why would they want revenge? All in all, I give it a 7.5/10
Wajizz

Post by Wajizz »

The last movie i watched was 'Me Before You'.. :cry:
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

The last movie I saw was the Spanish horror movie on Netflix entitled “Veronica”. It was pretty scary yet totally enjoyable to watch coz I love scary stuff. I rate this 9/10
rhendel
Currently Reading: Talking As Fast As I Can
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhendel.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by rhendel »

Just saw Deadpool 2 the other day, and while I don't think it's as good as the first one, it was still a great movie! Lots of laughs and really enjoyed the entire thing! 8/10
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Last movie I saw was Black Panther and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I don't watch movies much though.

Return to “Films and Books”