What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Janey Olily
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Janey Olily »

I saw the 'Black Panther'. This is the happening movie in Nigeria now. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

Harry Porter is the movie I recently watched. I have already read the book so watching the movie was easy to understand. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars
BadEditions
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badeditions.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by BadEditions »

The last movie I saw was Get Out. I really enjoyed it and liked how it raised a lot of questions about race and class. I also loved how influenced it was by The Shining.
I rate it an 8.5/10
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I watched remember and it was very facilitating story about a holocaust revenge incident including the nazi ss Auto Valich and some other
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

I recently saw Black Panther. I give it a 5 out of 5. It was definitely worth my time
Lwyant

Post by Lwyant »

I just seen Jumanji, the Cridicks were not to nice tword the film but I thought it had it moments of funny and suspensful. I really liked it. I thought it was great compaired to the first Jumanji...
Mommy of two

Post by Mommy of two »

I seen Black Panther a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it. It was an interesting movie full of action. I believe it catches peoples' eyes because the main idea of the movie is different and ancient.
Tsundoku_diva
Currently Reading: Raising Catholic Children
Bookshelf Size: 1074

Post by Tsundoku_diva »

Just saw Veronica yesterday over Netflix and I'm giving it 7 out of 10.

Y'know how the raves are claiming it is the scariest film of all time? and that no one was able to finish it? I say that's exaggerated.

I was able to finish it, it wasn't that scary-scary. But the idea of the very circumstances is beyond creepy, it is evil. Maybe the news that it came based on a real events did make some impacts on those exaggerated claims. Also, it is a horror story but I cried as I watch it.

The story itself is really good; what I didn't like is majority of the "possession" and "ouija" scenes were shot almost the same with some famous horror story out there.
booklover1982

Post by booklover1982 »

Last movie I saw was Hostage, with Bruce Willis. I thought it was pretty decent actually. Not one of his best, but it was good. I’d watch it again definitely!
Kolig595
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kolig595.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Kolig595 »

I went to the theater to see the new The Strangers: Prey at Night movie and was disappointed. Compared to the first movie, this sequel was predictable and lacked detail of certain events. I enjoyed seeing it in the theater, but do not have any desire to watch this follow-up again. I hope if the producers continue creating films from this series, they will surprise viewers with unexpected twists in the plot.
Rachael99

Post by Rachael99 »

The last movie I saw in theater was Forever My Girl and I absolutely loved it.

I would for sure give the movie a 9/10
rnraa99
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by rnraa99 »

Black Panther, honestly I was very scared that it was overhyped, so I kept my expectations low. BUT it was a pretty good movie. Although there were some things that i disliked, i actually enjoyed it. 8 out of 10
serenity_12

Post by serenity_12 »

Wrinkle in Time, i went to go see it with family and was not disappointed. I got contacted alot during the time leading up to the movie, people wanted me to go see it with them. I honestly thought i would dislike it but i actually enjoed it alot. 8 out of 10
sofia_smith

Post by sofia_smith »

The last movie I saw was The Shape Of Water, and it was nothing like I have seen before. The story is about a woman who is mute and feels as though nobody can truly understand her and her feelings. Then she meets a creature who is also not able to speak, and she teaches it how she communicates so that they can be with each other. It is a truly beautiful and meaningful movie, and holds the Oscar that it deserves. I would rate this movie 8/10.
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Butterflybookworm »

The last movie that I remember seeing is the movie The Shack. I never would've thought about the different facets of God that way. I found it very encouraging and thought provoking.
Butterflybookworm
:bookclub-square:

Return to “Films and Books”