What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
DeborahCupples
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by DeborahCupples »

I tend to stream on Netflix, so most movies are older. Slightly off topic, but I have been watching Netflix TV. Recently, I finished season 4 of Grace and Frankie. Great writing and great acting. I'd give it a 10.
Mayank Dalmia

Post by Mayank Dalmia »

Hello Guys!I live in India and the last movie that I watched was 'Tiger Zinda Hai' which is hardcore action categorized film.This Film was created with a lot of hardwork and really highlights the love for one's own nation and dedicate everything for it.The leading actors were Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif.Overall,I am gonna rate it 8 out of 10 for a big reason.That's all.This is my first day in this website,So it's a heartlty request to you guys to guide and help me.

Thank You!
ASB_1
Currently Reading: Andalusian in jerusalum
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asb-1.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by ASB_1 »

I just finished watching the suicide squad. It’s brilliant and a must watch for action movie fans. I loved the character played by will smith. I rate it 9 out of 10.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

I just got home from seeing Black Panther and I'm so excited by how good it was I want to tell everyone. I need more Afrofuturism in my literary diet if this is the watered-down version Hollywood puts out.
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

I don't watch that many movies, but the last one I saw is Straight Outta Compton, which I wholeheartedly enjoyed. Very entertaining. I don't know if the story was true to life, but it sure was a good movie. Eight out of ten.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
JazmincGough

Post by JazmincGough »

I went and saw 12 Strong the other day. This fast action military movie proved to be one of the best of its kind that I have seen. This movie kept me on the edge of my seat and wondering what was going to happen next. The characters portrayed a strong love for America and were ready to defend their country after the awful attack of September 11, 2001. I would rate this movie 4 out of 5 stars. I would not give it a full 5 stars because overall the movie took a little longer to tell the story than I would have liked it to. I would watch this movie a million more times after seeing it.
Kcomm

Post by Kcomm »

Oscar Best Picture Nominees 2018
Shape of Water
Excellent movie. Think Splash as a drama. Like a good book the movie transports you to world where a underwater monster becomes emotional and real. Touching story with interesting characters. Don't be afraid to try something different. You don't need to be a science fiction fan to enjoy. It's well written, acted and deserves a Best Picture nod.

Lady Bird
My vote for Best Picture.
This movie has everything. It's an interesting take on a coming of age movie. The relationship between the mother and daughter is realistic and the father adds a touching note. The high school friends are believable and you fight for Lady Bird to find her way. Great cast, well directed with a story that is both funny and touching.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbings Missouri
Best actress nominee Francis McD is outstanding. Sad story but very well done. Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell are also great.
Mitch_254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mitch_254 »

The last movie I watched was Priceless,it was fantastic.I first saw the song and it had some parts of the movie in its video which made me wanna watch it.I would recommend it to anyone .
I give it a 9/10❤
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

I saw Wonder a couple weeks ago, and it was amazing! I swear the movie's whole goal was to make you cry! Everyone who watches it will sympathize for the little boy as he struggles to blend in with his classmates.
Smithemily224

Post by Smithemily224 »

I saw Black Panther on midnight release. The movie really exceeded my expectations. I remember seeing a little of him during Civil War but this was what happened during/after civil war.

My rate is 10/10 and would DEFINITELY see it again.
muhambeak

Post by muhambeak »

Only the brave was the last movie I watched. Based on a real life events of fire fighters who saved lives many times in the USA but one fire outbreak consumed all except one guy survived. So touching.
ilovetmrbook

Post by ilovetmrbook »

Last movie i saw was The Death Cure on January 26th and honestly i hated that it didn't fit the books but it was amazing and i loved it although i almost fainted from crying. 100/10 would recommend. :D
Polgesteirg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polgesteirg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Polgesteirg »

It was either Insidious 1 or 2, I don't remember. Either way they weren't too bad. A few jumpscares that actually worked, but nothing spectacular. They manage the story pretty well though so I want to see the rest of the movies in the saga.
kristenjc
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by kristenjc »

Saturday night, I had the honor of seeing black panther. I say it like this, because truly it was an honor. I did not know what I was expecting from this film. I actually had no inkling about what it was even about, but damn was I amazed when I left the theatre. Definitely would give this work of art a 10/10. Best marvel movie yet in my opinion.
HogSandwich
Favorite Author: China Mieville
Currently Reading: Persuasion
Bookshelf Size: 26
fav_author_id: 6004

Post by HogSandwich »

glitterrain wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 14:55 I just got home from seeing Black Panther and I'm so excited by how good it was I want to tell everyone. I need more Afrofuturism in my literary diet if this is the watered-down version Hollywood puts out.
I'm really hoping that Black Panther leads more readers to awesome afrofuturists like Nnedi Okorafor and N K Jemisin. There's some great stuff out there.

Return to “Films and Books”