What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
BookWorm_Athlete
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by BookWorm_Athlete »

The last movie I saw was Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart. It’s a European movie and I really like it! I realized after watching the movie twice, that they are only 14 years old. The background of the movie is kinda sad, but it’s very interesting. I want to read the book, but I haven’t had the chance to buy it. I love this movie and I would recommend it!!
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

The last movie I saw was Clueless (rematch but its such an amazing film)
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

Evelyn Prentice (1934)- 7\10

A good movie, as always William Powell and Myrna Loy as always fantastic together.
This was the 3rd of the 14 movies they did together.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Annabella9712

Post by Annabella9712 »

Let’s see, the last movie I saw was newer Carrie movies 1 and 2. The first one I’ll give it a decent enough rating at say a 8 out of 10 but I have to give the second one more of a 6 or 7 out of 10 because it just seems more like a remake of the original movie to begin with. Just a little bit different of a plot and new setting to go with it but same powers and same lifestyle that started it.
Bancroft
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bancroft.html
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli

Post by Bancroft »

I saw Transformers produced by Christopher Nolan and this was exciting and amazing.....
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

The Seven Samurai (1954 - Japan)

One of the finest movies ever made. 5 Stars - no question about it
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Dhosea

Post by Dhosea »

Inhumans and I gave it a five star rating
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Mine was the "Freedom Writers". It was about some highschool kids who were involved in gang life and how a teacher, "Ms.G" turned their lives for the better. What I love the most about that film is the strategies that Ms.G used to influence them for a better life. Her strength, courage and commitment is truly remarkable!

I would give it a 4 out of 4 star for the film. I also believe that the book is available
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
ixora
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ixora.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by ixora »

"The Last Unicorn" I would give it a 9/10 rating I feel it was a great adaptation of the novel.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Wonder Woman!! I hardly ever watch movies, let alone pay an arm and a leg to watch one at the theater. But this one was a goody! Women empowerment was the overall theme and I took in every moment. I rate this movie 4/4 stars. Hands down. :D
Ortonwil244

Post by Ortonwil244 »

CAUTION: SPOILERS

The last movie I saw in theaters was Justice League. This movie was completely "meh" in most every way possible. Not offensively bad like Batman V Superman, but certainly not good either. Everything came across as shallow and the CGI bad guy is the absolute worst. Why on earth did they need to go all CGI and not use an actor?

I do totally agree with studio execs that forced them to keep the run time under two hours. Since everyone NOT Wonder Woman in this cinematic universe is terribly one dimensional, adding thirty minutes or more of mindless prattle would have been a terrible idea. Basically, there is no developing characters this shallow to start with... might as well go all video game cut scene action. As for Wonder Woman, THAT is the true ace the WB has going for them. Not the character so much as the actress they stumbled upon to play her. Talk about finding absolute gold. Gal Gadot hypnotizes and captivates on screen no matter what she is doing. Add action to her natural beauty and charm and you literally can't get enough of her in to the story. I'm sure they realize that the focus should be on her from here forward.

Of the new characters, only Cyborg has any hint of depth at all. Both Flash and Aquaman are cardboard wastes so far. So, the DCEU is truly stuck in the shallow end of the pool but maybe Wonder Woman can single-handedly tow the universe to deeper and more interesting waters.

Best overall quote I've read: "Justice League was the cinematic equivalent of watching a classmate give a presentation they totally forgot about"

So basically I’m giving this movie a 6/10.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I saw The Justice League about two weeks ago. It’s not as bad as the critics are saying, but I do feel a little burned out on superhero films. Perhaps I’m not the only one, and that’s why it hasn’t done very well.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Amystl26 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 14:06 Wonder Woman!! I hardly ever watch movies, let alone pay an arm and a leg to watch one at the theater. But this one was a goody! Women empowerment was the overall theme and I took in every moment. I rate this movie 4/4 stars. Hands down. :D
You know, I was very disappointed in this film. It wasn't at all what I was expecting it to be. It was more of a historical film than a superhero film. Perhaps it's just me, though?
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

LivreAmour217 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 16:17 I saw The Justice League about two weeks ago. It’s not as bad as the critics are saying, but I do feel a little burned out on superhero films. Perhaps I’m not the only one, and that’s why it hasn’t done very well.
I hardly ever go by what the critics say. I usually don't agree with them. I haven't seen this one yet.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Grace Shiro

Post by Grace Shiro »

I saw Emoji and i really enjoyed it. I love using emojis while texting and the movies was engaging to me.

Return to “Films and Books”