Which do you prefer, Original classics or Remakes?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Rapicon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which do you prefer, Original classics or Remakes?

Post by Rapicon »

:tiphat: I want it classical.. So I go with the classic
Emi_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emi-review.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Emi_Review »

I usually prefer the original, it's only rarely I prefer a remake but it just depends on the overall concept
paigegreenpurba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigegreenpurba.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigegreenpurba »

I agree that most of the time I prefer the original to the remake. I think this is because the reason I am watching the remake at all is because I enjoyed the original so my expectations are high, and the remake will usually fall short.
Lil+Vixen
Currently Reading:

Post by Lil+Vixen »

I have always preferred originals to remakes. Remakes never come out as good and they always changed stuff about the story line to make it seem like its more than a remake to the original. Originals are classic and are always better in my opinion.
NnamAries

Post by NnamAries »

Remakes, they always find a way to wean out much more and of course the potential to underperform, but it is always worth the risk.
cnh212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnh212.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by cnh212 »

I seem to always like the original better. I have found the remakes they seem to put differences in them or they change the plot all together to be more suitable for the time we live in. Some of the time I think you just can't replace the original actors.
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

In my experience, it depends which one I see first. Similar with books and movies, I think.
emmieg1984

Post by emmieg1984 »

i actually prefer the classics. due to the graphics and the remakes i've seen has more violence and not as much details than the classics. classic films has taught my children how to share and not to be bad. vs. the remakes taught my children and children i baby sit violence. I'm talking about children's classics . but some remakes are okay don't get me wrong but out of them all i really prefer the originals as in the classic films. :D
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

Generally, I prefer the original. But there are a few exceptions. I enjoyed The Man Who Knew Too Much with Doris Day and Jimmy Stewart (directed by Hitchcock) so much more than the original (also directed by Hitchcock). Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin is a remake too and is better than the first. The only other one I can think of is A Star is Born.

Return to “Films and Books”