Was Avenger's infinity war overrated or underrated?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Re: Was Avenger's infinity war overrated or underrated?

Post by love_b00ks »

Just right, maybe because it was not really finished yet that's why many were disappointed.
Ishola_me
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ishola_me »

It was a great and epic movie, am a DCEU fan but am in love with infinity war
keele269

Post by keele269 »

I think that it was well rated. It helped the start to the closing of a good portion of the Marvel universe that has been in the movie industry with Disney for 10 years. The plot was intense but well thought out and as expected if you have read the comic books.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 06 May 2018, 00:57 Ever since the Avengers Infinity war came out in the cinema, everyone on my Instagram has been going on and on about it. While I am a big fan of Marvel movies, I cant help but wonder if it is really worth the hype. No spoilers please because I haven't seen it and I'm sure some other people too haven't seen it. So do you think its overrated or underrated ?
The hype does not even come close to the cinematic experience and emotion. Spoiler :D - I am biased, a super fan and can't wait for the 2019 instalment (Infinity war part 2?)
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html

Post by ea_anthony »

Hannahing wrote: 06 May 2018, 03:45 It was well rated. Best superhero movie ever. I have read the comics and I can say justice was done.
The best, did not read the comic (but read everything the internet had to offer during my personal 30 day countdown to release date), it was worth the hype and more.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Tess mwende

Post by Tess mwende »

Am a fan of marvel movies but i can say in all of the avengers this was the most hyped haven't seen it yet bt the trailer speaks for itself the rating wasn't that bad i wld give it a higher rating
Zinny93
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul

Post by Zinny93 »

Am a superheroes movie fan, this avengers was cool and the rating was fine.
scratchcat318
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scratchcat318.html

Post by scratchcat318 »

I think it was perfectly rated, in my opinion. This film's advertising hyped it into oblivion, and the film itself was an incredible experience. I still remember the dead shocked silence as the ending credits rolled when I watched this movie in the theater on opening night. Honestly can't wait to see the movie that comes after this one.
Philosophicalbread1

Post by Philosophicalbread1 »

The movie is just fine as it is. It is not overrated and definitely not underrated. I think it’s simply the movie of the year! Hands down. I wasn’t a big fan of the avengers franchise before. Personally, i think superhero movies are too tacky. But now, it’s starting to get appealing to me. The story is far fetched but then they are dealing with creatures from other planets. So that’s that. The ending is the best ending i’ve seen for a long time.
shryl04
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by shryl04 »

The Avengers Infinity War is not overrated , it has a great cast , a collection of heroes , a complicated and engaging plot and it is worth watching in a movie theater. 😊
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html

Post by Ksharmilla »

I don't think it was over hyped. It was well worth it. I just sat in shock at the end. It was that good.
Sgt_Pepper98

Post by Sgt_Pepper98 »

I think it got the praise it deserved. It was an awesome movie in my opinion. A certain scene in the beginning was heartbreaking though :(
catherinecsoto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherinecsoto.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by catherinecsoto »

I watched Avengers Infinity War on my birthday with friends. It was neither overrated nor underrated for me. It was okay. The amount of people who watched and talked about it is understandable since it was like the biggest crossover in history! Every fan of every character must see it. I have been following the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I’ve grown to love (and hate) every character to ever show.
Lucky1moe

Post by Lucky1moe »

I think the movie Avenger's infinity war was overrated. I love watching marvel movies since I was a kid. I think it could have been better compared to all the talk about the movie.
sylviab98
Favorite Book: Storm and Silence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylviab98.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by sylviab98 »

I am a huge Marvel Fan, so I wasn't disappointed ! Honestly it was maybe the Best Movie Marvel has ever made. It definitely lived up to almost everyones expectation. If you watched the other Marvel Movies before that ( Civil War, Thor Ragnarok,...), you can definitely see that Marvel has slowly prepared us that there was going to be a dark/sad ending ! As to the fighting Scenes, I have to disagree with "skillz". It didn't feel like watching Jackie Chan fighting Amateurs. On the contrary, I loved that there was one Time where the evil guy won ! And it was realistic if you think about it ! He had all stones, meaning the whole Power, it would have been crazy if the Superheros won right off the bat ! We were all shocked about the ending, but it was a really great and powerful movie ! :tiphat:

Return to “Films and Books”