Was Avenger's infinity war overrated or underrated?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Was Avenger's infinity war overrated or underrated?

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Ever since the Avengers Infinity war came out in the cinema, everyone on my Instagram has been going on and on about it. While I am a big fan of Marvel movies, I cant help but wonder if it is really worth the hype. No spoilers please because I haven't seen it and I'm sure some other people too haven't seen it. So do you think its overrated or underrated ?
Hannahing
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hannahing »

It was well rated. Best superhero movie ever. I have read the comics and I can say justice was done.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I have been disappointed with some Avengers movies, but I was not disappointed with this one. I don't know that I would say all the hype is underrated, but I do think that it is justified hype!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Ganiyat

Post by Ganiyat »

I think it was underrated. the last movie I watched in public that made cry like that was titanic and it wasn't even as entertaining as this avengers
Kathryn Price
Currently Reading: The Fifth Season
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-price.html
Latest Review: The Doughnut Boy by Michael R. Dennis

Post by Kathryn Price »

I saw it at one of the first showings in my area on the 26th! I thought that all the hype and the excitement surrounding it was so fantastic it was almost surreal - the marketing department deserves kudos because I've never seen a movie as hyped as this one with such a devoted audience. Go and see it - I can't tell you what you'll think of it because I'm not you and I don't know how much you've invested in this universe, but in my opinion, it's worth it. Make sure you've seen all the movies first, though - it takes no time to introduce anything and just assumes you know all the history.
“If you believe only in facts and forget stories, your brain will live, but your heart will die” ― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows
VikashT

Post by VikashT »

the amazing thing that Marvel movies have is that its characters always have some sort of vulnerabilities. This movie portrays it very well...and if you wanna know more go and watch the film instead
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

The reaction of the public in some popular websites (aka IMDB) seems to me a bit exaggerated, but there is no doubt that Infinity War lived up to the expectations. I do think that they are still going too far with humor in certain scenes, especially when the film has a clearly "darker" tone than other entries in the MCU.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Kathryn Price wrote: 07 May 2018, 20:39 I saw it at one of the first showings in my area on the 26th! I thought that all the hype and the excitement surrounding it was so fantastic it was almost surreal - the marketing department deserves kudos because I've never seen a movie as hyped as this one with such a devoted audience. Go and see it - I can't tell you what you'll think of it because I'm not you and I don't know how much you've invested in this universe, but in my opinion, it's worth it. Make sure you've seen all the movies first, though - it takes no time to introduce anything and just assumes you know all the history.
Okay I will go and see it although I haven't seen all the movies yet and there lies the main challenge. Thanks a lot.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

KRay93 wrote: 08 May 2018, 09:51 The reaction of the public in some popular websites (aka IMDB) seems to me a bit exaggerated, but there is no doubt that Infinity War lived up to the expectations. I do think that they are still going too far with humor in certain scenes, especially when the film has a clearly "darker" tone than other entries in the MCU.
Again with the humor? They did that with the last Thor movie and I found it annoying.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

JuliaKay wrote: 06 May 2018, 08:46 I have been disappointed with some Avengers movies, but I was not disappointed with this one. I don't know that I would say all the hype is underrated, but I do think that it is justified hype!
Thanks JuliaKay I will go and see it then
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Hannahing wrote: 06 May 2018, 03:45 It was well rated. Best superhero movie ever. I have read the comics and I can say justice was done.
Thanks Hannahing
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

VikashT wrote: 08 May 2018, 03:22 the amazing thing that Marvel movies have is that its characters always have some sort of vulnerabilities. This movie portrays it very well...and if you wanna know more go and watch the film instead
Thanks VikashT
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I haven't had the chance to see it too. For my sake I hope it wasn't overrated or over hyped.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I don't normally watch superhero movies but I want to make an exception for this one. I hope I don't regret it
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Gosh! I nearly puke my brains out...Super hero movies are my fave and I love to spend all day watching but what I expect from the Infinity War wasn't just it. I expect a total war with Thanus but it was like watching Jackie Chan fighting some low level kung-fu amateurs.
when Thanus was attacked by hulk, I felt cold water poured over me. but the fight just lasted 1-2 minutes...not as Thor and Hulk's fight. it was cool anyways. I like it.

Return to “Films and Books”