Cancelled TV Series Woes

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
myqueen80
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Cancelled TV Series Woes

Post by myqueen80 »

The last series cancellation that I can remember that left me hanging was "Vegas." It ended right in the middle of a disaster and we were left not knowing what happened. A wrap-up, two hour movie, would have been nice.
Laarmyartist
Favorite Author: Tamora Pierce
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 33
fav_author_id: 3492

Post by Laarmyartist »

A quick list of my favorite TV Cancellation Woes!

Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Jane By Design
GCB
Moonlight
The Glades
John Doe
Sense 8

That should cover it for now. I wish I could have gotten one more episode just to round them out!
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I absolutely hate when I get attached to a show and then it suddenly becomes cancelled. One of my most recent examples is Shadowhunters and I honestly miss the shows, despite the fact that I have read the books and it’s not completely accurate. It was still much better than the movie version and I wish it came back.
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

I wished "Dead Like Me" and "My So-Called Life" didn't get canceled, those were the best!
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I think the secret circle would have had a very large following I was so disappointed when it was cancelled because I was really looking forward to season 2
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

f-callisaya wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 21:01 Hannibal (cross fingers for a potential season 4 comeback!!) and Firefly have to be my big ones. I re-watch both all the time.
Yes! Hannibal is exactly why I clicked on this topic. It is just as intellectually engaging as it is sadistic. The character depth and dialogue is fantastic, the plot and the mind-bending themes are creative and flow well, and the gorgeous camera work... God, I love everything about that show! It's brutal, but it has substance. It doesn't settle for cheap shock-value.
AzzyTheCreep
Currently Reading: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by AzzyTheCreep »

Funny enough but I was really sad when Scream Queens got cancelled. I really liked that show, the cast was good and I still hope that one day the show will come back
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

I loved Baby Daddy and Young and Hungry on Freeform.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Tzara Drusak wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 12:24 We all hate it when any of our favourite series gets cancelled. We especially hate it when said series is cut off at an extremely suspenseful point, with no explanation as to what happens to the characters.

I was disappointed when I heard that The Secret Circle, The Tomorrow People and to a lesser extent, Star-Crossed were aired with only a single season. All had wonderful plots and were widely liked by a large audience, so why did they cancel them? Does anyone else think these series would have had a good following and could have been big hits?
I would have loved to see more Secret Circle! I also wanted more Bitten. It was based on Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. It didn't follow the books well, but they actually did a good job keeping to the main themes. I found it entertaining.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
yeancha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yeancha.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by yeancha »

Devious maids and Mistresses. I almost cried when it was cancelled. I loved the shows
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

AzzyTheCreep wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 14:55 Funny enough but I was really sad when Scream Queens got cancelled. I really liked that show, the cast was good and I still hope that one day the show will come back
Oh noo I've just started season 2 of Scream Queens. I didn't realise it was cancelled :cry:

I also loved The Secret Circle and Kyle XY
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
Suaad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Suaad »

The tv series FLASHFORWARD was a series which i really wana see to continue because the level of suspense and knowing the outcome to happend at an exact time eas mind blowing...And the most fun part is the person knows whats about to happen and he is willing to stop it and chnage it but circumstances are always againt him
Moodykelz_10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Moodykelz_10 »

The series Hannibal, because it got dropped i couldn't find myself watching the last series. It was such a good show and honestly amazing acting, I felt it was very under rated as a show.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

I was just talking about this a few days ago. The Secret Circle is not a show that deserved cancellation! It would have been a better hit than Vampire Diaries. Yes I said it.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

In recent years I got particularly sad when they canceled Person of Interest and Sense8.
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Films and Books”