Cancelled TV Series Woes

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Cancelled TV Series Woes

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I was sad when sense8 was cancelled as I was such a huge fun and there was so much more story to be told. The possibilities are infinite with this series and hopefully it is revived again some day.
cosette1789
Currently Reading: Invisible Ink
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cosette1789.html

Post by cosette1789 »

Another vote for Firefly.
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I still miss Desperate Housewives. Once that ended I haven't watched a series regularly. That series, I never missed an episode.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

NRoach wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 11:11 I'm still hurting from the cancellation of Farscape, though god knows it was a long time ago.
Me too! I loved Farscape and The Invisible Man. My Friday night staples, back in their day.

My sorrow is compounded by the recent cancellations of Once Upon a Time, The Vampire Diaries, and Grimm. :cry:

Yet, boring reality shows like Big Brother continue to remain on the air. I don't get it.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
ultraboss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ultraboss.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by ultraboss »

I've not stopped wishing they'll continue Teen Wolf... I didn't start watching the series immediately it came out but after sometime my friends convinced me to watch it. When I started I couldn't stop, waited patiently for a new episode every week till they decided to stop. :(
Amyrich
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amyrich »

Heard of The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency? It was this powerhouse feminist series set in Botswana. They just did one season and ended on a cliffhanger.

I LOVE this show...and I still keep ranting about its cancellation to anyone who'll hear me.
Runningmama
Currently Reading: Passion
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Runningmama »

I didn't even let myself finish Firefly when I discovered it was cancelled. I didn't want the heartbreak!
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

Tzara Drusak wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 12:24 We all hate it when any of our favourite series gets cancelled. We especially hate it when said series is cut off at an extremely suspenseful point, with no explanation as to what happens to the characters.

I was disappointed when I heard that The Secret Circle, The Tomorrow People and to a lesser extent, Star-Crossed were aired with only a single season. All had wonderful plots and were widely liked by a large audience, so why did they cancel them? Does anyone else think these series would have had a good following and could have been big hits?
I only recently discovered Star-crossed on Netflix and really enjoyed the first season so I was disappointed to find out there was not going to be a second one. Another one I felt the same about was the show Between.
Joeboy1234567890
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joeboy1234567890 »

I hate it when series got cancelled like beyond and the tomorrow people shannara chronicle
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

NRoach wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 11:11 I'm still hurting from the cancellation of Farscape, though god knows it was a long time ago.
Farscape was a great show. I found it on Netflix after it had been canceled. I binge watched all of the seasons available.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

Some shows I wish had continued are Dead Like Me, Firefly, and Longmire. They were all canceled too soon.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

Tzara Drusak wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 12:24 We all hate it when any of our favourite series gets cancelled. We especially hate it when said series is cut off at an extremely suspenseful point, with no explanation as to what happens to the characters.

I was disappointed when I heard that The Secret Circle, The Tomorrow People and to a lesser extent, Star-Crossed were aired with only a single season. All had wonderful plots and were widely liked by a large audience, so why did they cancel them? Does anyone else think these series would have had a good following and could have been big hits?
i liked the secret circle too. i also enjoyed the nine lives of chloe king i believe it was called and then there was the tv series adaptation on the sword of truth series by terry goodkind and a few more but i liked these ones a lot.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:

Post by Sweetp120 »

Joeboy1234567890 wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 11:31 I hate it when series got cancelled like beyond and the tomorrow people shannara chronicle
they canceled the shanara chronicles after 2 seasons?! What?! I actually liked that one too....
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:

Post by Sweetp120 »

oh man my heart is breaking as i totally just saw 4 more series that i loved in some other comments iam scared now to see how many more series are on the other two pages of this thread.... :,(
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:

Post by Sweetp120 »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 05:17 I felt so bad when Legends of the seeker got cancelled or a while I though it was an expensive joke played on me but alas it was true and the show was really cancelled.
i think this is the series i was talking about thats based on the story series called the sword of truth by terry goodkind with richard and kalahn....

Return to “Films and Books”