Cancelled TV Series Woes

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
-brintontaylor
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brintontaylor.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Re: Cancelled TV Series Woes

Post by -brintontaylor »

I was so sad when I heard that Pretty Little Liars was getting cancelled after season 7! I know season 7 wasn't the best, and a lot of people weren't satisfied with the ending but I was! I just really wish they would of carried the story on!
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

It's kind of how I felt when Firefly got cancelled after one season. There was so much that was left out in the open. It had so much potential and Inwas incredibly disappointed at its cancellation.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

strawberrysab wrote: 16 May 2018, 06:51 There was a show called Terranova that I loved. Lasted one season then was cancelled, officially for excessive production costs. Still bitter about it :(
I LOVED Terra Nova and was so sad I discovered it because I found out it only had the one season. It was so good and pretty much what I'd want from a dinosaur show.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

Well, I have been watching Famous in Love recently, which is based on a book. I have not yet read the book but I am enjoying the show. There are rumors that the show will not continue to the third season, which makes me so sad! Has anyone else watched the show or read the book? What do you think?
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

Natalie Charlene wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 14:13 I know exactly how you feel! I hate when I get sucked into a TV show, only to have it cancelled one or two seasons in. I can barely handle a show I love coming to a proper finale, let alone one that ends abruptly with no answers.

When I heard Sense 8 on Netflix got cancelled, I just about lost it. They ended on such a big cliffhanger! I kept hearing that the filming was too expensive, as there was so much travel involved, and they said they were going to do a special to sum everything up and give us answers, but that has yet to come out. I'm losing hope that I will ever find out how it ends.

I understand why they have to cancel shows, especially when they are expensive with low viewer numbers, but that doesn't make it any better!
The series finale just came out! Cant wait to see how it ends.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

PlanetHauth wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 22:49
strawberrysab wrote: 16 May 2018, 06:51 There was a show called Terranova that I loved. Lasted one season then was cancelled, officially for excessive production costs. Still bitter about it :(
I LOVED Terra Nova and was so sad I discovered it because I found out it only had the one season. It was so good and pretty much what I'd want from a dinosaur show.
Right? It was well done and they had managed to make it believable, which is an amazing goal per se, not to mention... Jason O'Mara! ❤️
Berry :wine:
its bri
Currently Reading: Fifteen Greek Plays
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-its-bri.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by its bri »

I watched Freaks and Geeks it had a few of my favourite actors, Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jason Segal. Loved it and was so sad when it canceled. It sucks to get attached to a show and then find out its been canceled.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

strawberrysab wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 11:20
PlanetHauth wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 22:49
Right? It was well done and they had managed to make it believable, which is an amazing goal per se, not to mention... Jason O'Mara! ❤️
I couldn't get into Serenity, but I think I know how Serenity fans feel now :lol:
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
rcmize
Favorite Book: Unchained: Feathers and Fire Book 1
Currently Reading: Cosmopolitan: Phantom Queen Book 2
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcmize.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by rcmize »

There are so many to mention, Firefly, Farscape, Terranova, Earth 2, Longmire and many more.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

I felt terrible when "Roswell" and "Young Americans" tv series came to an end. I was totally hooked with these two amazing series and was completely miserable when they were both cancelled for the next season.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I hate it when they cancel shows way too quickly that are actually good. There's been a few I liked. I guess the last one was Sense8 but they did have a finale for that to wrap it that recently came out. I also liked Firefly and there was a show on HBO called John from Cincinnati which was interesting but a little confusing and they cancelled it after one season. I remember being upset about that.
Cara Van Heerden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0

Post by Cara Van Heerden »

Does anyone remember Revolution and Unordinary Family?

Revolution was a post apocalyptic series about what happens if all technology suddenly stops working.

And Unordinary Family was about a family who suddenly get supper powers and must still try live a normal life.

Both of them were canceled. Revolution went on for a bit, but Unordinary Family stopped after one series and on a cliffhanger were a whole bunch of evil supers get unleashed into the world. That was the worst cliffhanger cut off ever 😱
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

I sort of joke with my mom that any show I really like gets cancelled because that seems to keep happening. These are the ones that come to mind immediately, but I might post another set later.

Forever had a great story line that could have easily lasted several seasons as the mystery of the main protagonist's curse/gift could have been explored so well especially with the main antagonist having used the same curse/gift in a different way.

Agent Carter really felt like the network rushed to tie up several plot lines ASAP, so some were very abruptly dealt with (e.g. Peggy's love life) or dropped entirely (when people found out who she was).

Yonderland had what seemed to be a great setup for a new villain in the second series finale, but the third series had a different yet excellent villain then the third series finale had a major reveal that was rushed through with the potential for a fourth even fifth series wasted.

The Librarians was silly and enjoyable with a cast who seemed to get along and be having so much fun together, but the network seemed to not care and even when the crew tried to set up a new deal with another studio, no one grabbed it. (I still need to see the last season, but I know some plot threads were left hanging).
romance fan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by romance fan »

I used to watch a show called The Red Road starring Jason Momoa and the series got cancelled after the second season ended and the very last scene was Jason holding onto his on screen mother as she was bleeding out after she got shot. ill never know if she lived or died after that moment. I'm still upset that it happened.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Star Crossed I wanted more to the story but it’s unfinished & Teen Wolf even though it wasn’t cancelled it just ended but I love the series so much & seeing what new adventures or conflicts that they would need to deal with. Teen Wolf was hilarious & just made me want to keep watching I feel there should have been more.

Return to “Films and Books”