The Greatest Showman

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Exequel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

The Greatest Showman

Post by Exequel26 »

Im going to have a review about the Movie of The Greatest Showman. But first let me give you an info about this movie. This Movie is a musical drama film by Michael Gracey written by jenny bicks and Bill condon. Starring Hugh jackman,Zac efron,Zendaya and other famous actors. This movie is so beautiful when I watched it on my Ipad I cried a lot from the start untill the end. Because I cant say anything just Wow the cast is so famous and very great singers they gave me a goosebump. I tell you guys and girls this Musical movie is so wonderful. It will make you cry also and you will learn here how to balance your work and your family. This movie also will help you to gain confidence that each one of us living here in the earth have a right to show who we are or what we are. If you watch this movie you will learn also to embrace your flaws and differences to other people.You will learn also that every Hardwork will paids off because Barnum as Hugh jackman he debt to the government just to have a money that will make as a wax museum but it not became successful so his daughter suggested that make it move and it became a theater where the freaks or the people that is different to other perform very well. This movie is Highly recommended for all of you who wants to watch a expectacular movie.
Nazapeace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nazapeace »

The movie was amazing.. The songs help lift the movie. My favorite is 'A Million Dreams'. God I love that movie.
cpivie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by cpivie »

I was so glad to see Hugh Jackman get a chance at redemption for a movie musical! I feel like Les Miserables just didn't pan out well for him (or for a lot of the actors, really), so I was happy when I saw him in this movie. I have listened to the music so many times! Out of curiosity (I feel silly not knowing this), was this musical based on a book? I'm asking because this post is here in the movie and book forum, and it piqued my curiousity.
IntrovertBooklover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-introvertbooklover.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by IntrovertBooklover »

Awesome and lovely movie. One of my favorites.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

I've watched this movie countless of times already - this musical film is so insatiably amazing that I consider this my most favorite musical film by far... followed by Evita and Les Misérables :)
Cara Van Heerden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0

Post by Cara Van Heerden »

Aubrey Cana Laine wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 11:28 I've watched this movie countless of times already - this musical film is so insatiably amazing that I consider this my most favorite musical film by far... followed by Evita and Les Misérables :)
I am the exact same with this movie! Greatest Showman instantly became one of my favorites. Can't watch it enough! NEVER ENOUGH 😉
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

I watched this movie on its premier night in my country and now I have a copy of the movie and I watch it over and over again. This movie is so great, I will never get tired of watching it plus there are a lot of life lessons you'll learn in this movie.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

great movie, instant favorite. all the songs were beautiful but i really loved Never Enough and This is me, also a million dreams. Beautiful songs honestly. the cast, the characters, the film was just amazing!
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Azlan82
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Azlan82 »

My girlfriend must watch this movie at least once every two to three weeks which means I end up having to watch it while I work on my laptop....I pretend to hate it...bud I don't. She even has the sing along version now.
Lorixann
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorixann.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lorixann »

I just watched this movie last night. I was very surprised at how much I LOVED it. One of the better movies I've seen in a very long time!
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I got goosebumps from watching the movie as well! Everything about it was great - the songs, the choreography, the actors! I watched a behind the scenes and saw how dedicated they all were! After watching the movie, I rewatched it with my sister, then downloaded the soundtrack on spotify cos we got so hooked. Now we randomly burst into song at home with songs from the movie.
juliamenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliamenez.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by juliamenez »

I absolutely loved the songs in this film. I would recommend it for anyone who loves musicals and is ok with all the historical inaccuracies. P.T. Barnum was not a very nice person to his slaves or animals, and the movie definitely portrays him as a better person. However... the songs! They were so good!
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

Its really a good movie, the songs are really nice. The actors did a great job and the story is so heart warming.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

It's a movie thats not easily forgotten my sister has a playlist of the songs!
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

This was the best movie I've seen this year. Hugh Jackman is phenomenal.

Return to “Films and Books”