Are the books better or are the films better?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Yazhini
Currently Reading: The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Are the books better or are the films better?

Post by Yazhini »

We cant choose which one is better because that's hard but when u read a book u just imagine and u get to know the little description every object that the character sees/feels. But,when you see the movie its totally different. U cant get the description but u don't have to imagine anything its all live...so, both have its own aspects,pros and cons.
Niavia Guardiana

Post by Niavia Guardiana »

For me books is much better than films. Because if you only watch the story you don't know the whole story while when you read that story in the book, I'm sure you will truly understand the whole story.
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

It is just recently that I have started getting used to the reading culture. I used to watch movies and I never had the interest to read the book version of it. So I will be neutral because I feel some stories are enjoyed more when you read the book while some are perfect when filmed.

I also realized some parts of a story are easier to be said than acted out and no matter how good a book is, there will be parts that won't come out well in a film. So it all depends with the readers preference and how well the actors will do.
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Alex Hughes »

This is a hard question, well i would prefer movies.
Xancode
oocynthia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by oocynthia »

I think it depends on the book or movie because sometimes I prefer the books to the movies and vice versa. But if I'm to pick one the book is better.
Subhan123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Subhan123 »

In my opinion books are too better than films because they increases creative capacity and books are like friends
Subhan123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Subhan123 »

In my opinion books are too better than films because they increases creative capacity and books are like friends
_dnll

Post by _dnll »

books and films are two different things. There is no better between these two. It is just that books are more specific with the events and emotions while the movie is the mostly a simplied and straightforward version of the book.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Crazybud wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 12:41
mamalui wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 11:22 I would choose a book over a movie anytime. I think books do a much better job of explaining emotion to the very last detail compared to movies. But some movies are better than their book adaptation.
I second this! No matter whatever technologies filmmakers use, they still are not able to portray as much emotions as the books.
Very true Crazybud...
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
euriaokoli55
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by euriaokoli55 »

To me, books are better. They make you imagine the situation. When you read, you feel it. I don't know if anyone understands this but that's just how I feel when I read. For instance, The Twilight, when I read the book I really enjoyed it. It made me want to read it all in one night but when I watched the movie, the excitement wasn't as much as when I was reading it.
Samwely

Post by Samwely »

For my side i can say the film are the better than books though there are genres that are common in both side. But in reality due to the globalization and other changes large number of people become a good viewers of film rather than books,this is because film the audience or a viewer understand well the concept and the idea of the film because it contain the character that are seen in physical environment to show the reality of the society sarround them it does not select either you are got education or not But the book in terms of audience may take few audience as it much depend on those class of educated people so it make harder for the class that is not educated to get themes and content that is in books as it employ ambiquity words..
Ewise24

Post by Ewise24 »

In my opinion books are way better than movie...Not only are they are more detailed. But they provide us the sense and desire that urges us to keep reading. Usually Movies directors come and ruin books. They usally add more unnecessary drama. Not only that but they also take out the real meaning to the books and put their own sense to it. But that only my opinion. I love my books and for nothing would i leave them
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

They are going to put “The book was better” on my tombstone.

I usually like books better because there are generally more details, a better look at the character’s motivation, and more backstory. But I do like most movies, just not as much.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I think that books are far better than the movie version. Movies are shorter and are not able to go into the details that books provide. The good part about the movies is that they provide great visuals. I would prefer to use my own imagination most of the time.
tpois122

Post by tpois122 »

Both are good but my choise is films because in films you can find so many emotions like action, comedy and you can listen beautiful music and songs which is missing in books.

Return to “Films and Books”