Are the books better or are the films better?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
charles cardozo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Are the books better or are the films better?

Post by charles cardozo »

Books contains more originality compared to the movies. A lot of things are added in movies, destroying the authenticity of the original book.

The different there for movies is that, it shows more actions, romance and physical viewing comparing to reading and getting the fiction in your head and mind
Catherine Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-davis.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Catherine Davis »

I think it depends on your attention span. I believe that the books cover more of the story if you have a great imagination but can also drag out a storyline or scene making it boring. Movies often rush through some of the storyline that you'd like to have the book detail incorporated in. I've read the book "Waiting to Exhale" and liked it, but the book was more detailed. I like the movie "The Help" but loved the book. I've read "Hunger Games", the book was better than the 1st movie but the next 2 installments of the book where a bit boring. I liked the movies better.
Twirian

Post by Twirian »

Books tend to be more informative while movies more often than not expand our minds in imagery.On this basis,i prefer books as they pay close attention to even small details.Think of it this way,in books,you get to live the character's experiences and emotions while in movies you just watch those experiences.which would you prefer?
alyssa31

Post by alyssa31 »

For me books are better because sometimes there are scenes in the book that are not present in films. Sometimes the story is also changed.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Well in my opinion, I believe books are always better than the movies I am yet to see a story in which the movie version is better than the book version not even a little bit.
Alpha bae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Alpha bae »

I particularly am a fan of movies. If there was a way to have to books related into movies then I would definitely go for the movies. Reason being that, with the movies at least you don't have to stress yourself trying to get a graphical picture of the words since you're already seeing them. Not disputing, I still love books but i would prefer a book-inspired movie like,“Half of a yellow sun" and all.
Laura A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Laura A »

In my experience books are better. I have read some stories then watched the films and was dissapointed. The story lines were off and the character's were not portrayed well. (In my opinion) In all I would rather read a book any day.
Laura A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Laura A »

In my experience books are better. I have read some stories then watched the films and was dissapointed. The story lines were off and the character's were not portrayed well. (In my opinion) In all I would rather read a book any day.
Morganncall
Favorite Book: Exemplary Tales of Love and Tales of Disillusion
Currently Reading: Daughter of Fortune
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganncall.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Morganncall »

I always say that it's hard to judge the side-by-side because they are distinct genres. That's like saying, "what's better, a song or a play?". Both genres have their limitations and both have their strengths. There are movies that would not be good books, and there are books that woud not be good movies. I always just try to enjoy something for what it is and what it wants to be rather than to force it to fit into something else.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

The books are always better. The movies never meet my expectations, maybe I set a very high standard for them. Anyway I'll rather read the book than watch the movie because the books are always better than the movies.
mattie_morrow2

Post by mattie_morrow2 »

The book is always better in my opinion. No matter how much detail they add in the movie or how alike they make it, I still feel like books are better in my Opinion. Like having the thing in my hand, reading word for word watching the story paint a picture in my head progressing second by second is just so magical to me.
mimmo

Post by mimmo »

Books are always better than movies.I am a big fun of movies. Books make ones mind imagine alot you get to creat your own action and drama of whats going on. On movies you just watch it. Actually at times its very different what is on the book and what the movie is showing for movies dont show all the details unlike books they do tell you all the details and you get to create your own image. So books are better.
mxrix15

Post by mxrix15 »

Books are better!!! With books you’re allowed to use your imagination and creativity and experience all that there is with each word. But with movies, it’s been made. Done. Your mind can’t travel further than the producers. With both you can probably experience all emotions but with books get to become the characters not just watch them. I don’t know about you but this makes sense to me.
dennis28

Post by dennis28 »

I honestly think books are better but it actually depends on your perspective...due to you expecting a certain scene for the book on the screen....but you are disappointed.. so I think books are better
Alexa53517

Post by Alexa53517 »

I prefer books since in film there are certain iconic scenes that they left out at the films, were fans of the book were excited to see the film only to get disappointed that they didnt see the scene they were waiting for and etc. Tho I guess it depends on a person too.

Return to “Films and Books”