Black Panther?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Carmel Bachelor
Currently Reading: Their Eyes were watching God
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmel-bachelor.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Black Panther?

Post by Carmel Bachelor »

Hey everyone, so I'm trying to decide if I want to go see Black Panther in cinemas (which is tough because tickets these days are super expensive, at least where I live). I've heard a lot of amazing things about it but I also know from experience that movies that tend to be super hyped up beforehand, end up being a big disappointment (plus its marvel).

If you've seen it, what do you think about it? Is it worth the hype?
There is no friend as loyal as a book - Ernest Hemingway
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

Yes, the movie is above average and almost "special." It has some truly funny moments too. I think you'll like it.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Essentially_Literate
Favorite Book: Beastly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essentially-literate.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Essentially_Literate »

Yes! You should definitely go see it! It's worth it! Black Panther has one of Marvel's most complex villains on the big screen. The plot is really good too! I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the greatest movie out there but it is pretty good. If you get the chance, go see it! :)
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

For me, Black Panther was nice. I won't say it was 'worth the wait' but it was good. A one time watch. I love Marvel films so I would say it would be good to stay in the loop. You don't want to miss this anyway.
-R
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I truly loved the movie. Ryan Coogler and all the actors did a fantastic job.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Ace Cold
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ace Cold »

Huge comic buff here. The movie was good. Definitely not the greatest thing I've ever seen (but I mean, my tastes might be immature... I bought midnight release tickets and waited out to see Deadpool and still deem it the best "Marvel/Fox" movie). Worth seeing in theaters before it leaves, assuming you like Marvel and family movies. It was cute. Did not live up to all the hype, however. Spider-Man: Homecoming was way more enjoyable.
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

I liked it more because of the African cultural flavor and the amazing set design. The story is gripping till the last 20 mins arrive, when its more about bad guy versus good guy, though i also loved the fact that the villain is a nuanced character.
Lenifty02
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenifty02.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Lenifty02 »

Hola mi amigos from Wakanda hahaha

I really have always wanted to say that.
Ok. So this post is about the latest movie in 2018 coming directly from the Marvel Studios!
That's right! I'm talking about The Black Panther

So after a long wait and anticipation, The Black Panther has finally been released on the media! And this is officially my Review of it

Firstly, I'm going to say I really love this movie. I honestly think Marvel Studios really put some work into this one. Going all the way to Africa. What's most peculiar about this movie is the introduction of several African cultures. I personally loved the attires of the several wakandan tribes. It portrayed true Africa.

I most especially loved the African accents demonstrated in the movie. There were no slips. One could hardly detect any slight imitation of foreign accents. It was all African from start to finish. This in itself added to the plus points of the movie.

Of course I wouldn't dare forget to talk about the amazing effects in the movie. Just like every other Marvel production, Black Panther had a whole lot of cool effects which looked very realistic. A good example is the way the spaceship was displayed. Very realistic and this really got my attention.

From the characters, my personal favorite was the Wakandan Princess, Shuriplayed by Letitia Wright. Her character was youthful, a bit rebellious, funny, smart and loyal to her family. Shuri showed how much significance a little effort for the better could make. In her seemingly fragile body, she stood up against the antagonist Erik Killmonger a role played by Michael B. Jordan. Shuri defended her family and her people. She had such bravery and I think the role suit her perfectly.

Altogether, Black Panther was and still is a great movie. I rate this movie 4 out of 4

What do you think about Black Panther? Overrated?? Share your thoughts!
anissabacon68

Post by anissabacon68 »

I thought the Black Panther was an excellent movie. I loved the action in every scene and the suspense was amazing and I love marvel movies too. They are excellent also.
Ogolla23

Post by Ogolla23 »

loved the movie especially because of the way it shows the African culture the actors were perfect for the film but the story line wasn't thrilling as I expected
Kathryn Price
Currently Reading: The Fifth Season
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-price.html
Latest Review: The Doughnut Boy by Michael R. Dennis

Post by Kathryn Price »

Definitely! Black Panther is a great movie! I've seen it twice already and I think it's one of the better Marvel movies overall. Go for it - you won't be disappointed!
“If you believe only in facts and forget stories, your brain will live, but your heart will die” ― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows
Sheriff adeniran

Post by Sheriff adeniran »

I really love this film because it show the culture of Africa and black panther to me,is one of the best movie produced by marvel.
enojojoseph
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enojojoseph.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by enojojoseph »

I loved the movie ,it describes Africa to the wider world in new light, but i felt the plot was too short. It was a worth the wait for me.
Bikash_23

Post by Bikash_23 »

Black Panther was a fantastic movie and the theme they make were nice and i am a fan of marvel cinematic universe :D :D :D
Zilelabelle
Currently Reading: Dragonfriend
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilelabelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Zilelabelle »

It’s so good! It’s one of my favorite in MCU and the special effects make it worth seeing in the theater. My favorite character was Shuri- she was prefect and can do no wrong.

Return to “Films and Books”