What is the most memorable scene in a film that sticks with you and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: What is the most memorable scene in a film that sticks with you and why?

Post by Ksharmilla »

That scene in The Two Towers where Aragorn kicks the orc helmet and screams in frustration. That was an actual real scream of pain which they chose to leave in the final film. Also the scene in The Return of the King where he says "For Frodo"
AsjadIslam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AsjadIslam »

There are many scenes which last in my mind but the most recent one was the best one as whenever I saw that goosebumps came in all over the body :-)
The scene was from the movie AVENGERS INFINITY WARS when thor came for thannos after getting his new hammer. He just destroy the whole enemy team by smashing a lighting bolt hammer on the ground while saying " WHERE IS THANOOSSSSSS "
PABS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pabs.html
Latest Review: This Side of Paradise: the Religious World of Elijah Muhammad by Curtis J. Tilleraas

Post by PABS »

One of the best movies ever made, in my humble opinion, is Quest for Fire. The story is set in paleolithic Europe; the main character, Naoh, is a caveman. His tribe has not yet learned how to make fire, so they keep a small fire constantly lit and guard it fiercely. When it is extinguished during a battle, the tribe is terrified. Naoh and two others are charged with the task of finding fire. They set off and eventually encounter a more advanced group--who know how to make fire. The scene where Naoh is shown how to start a fire is incredible. The characters are cavemen; there is no real dialogue in the movie. Any message, any emotion must be communicated through gestures and facial expressions. Everett McGill who plays Naoh does a fantastic job in that scene. You can feel his shock and awe.

I have many favorite scenes from films, but this is the first that came to mind when I read the question in the forum.
simicartan

Post by simicartan »

When christopher Mccandless dies in Into the Wild and he calls his mom. This scene hits me like a bus because he actually dies for his life belief.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Breaking Dawn part 2 any scene with Renessmee cause they did terrible on the CGI when I went to the theater I was looking forward to seeing how beautiful they would make her but they ended up making her look bug eyed. Also they didn’t stick with one grown up version of her they changed her grown up look at the end when Alice sees the future Renessmee!
capricornius16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricornius16.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by capricornius16 »

The ending of Forrest Gump when his son just got inside the school bus and then the camera focuses on Forrest as he sits on the bench, and then to the white feather getting blown by the wind while the music plays in the background. It always gets to me. It's because Forrest has gone full circle even after all he's gone through, even always being called stupid and all, he still succeeded in life. It's just touching.
Ann Mattocks
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mattocks.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ann Mattocks »

History is one of my passions, especially regarding WWII. One movie that really sticks with me is The Pianist. It wasn't a very popular movie, but it was a good one. There are two scenes that will forever be etched into my mind.

The first was when the Nazi's raided an apartment of a Jewish family eating supper. Upon entering the order the family to stand, when a wheelchair-bound man doesn't stand he is flipped off the balcony.

The second scene is when a group of Jews is waiting to be moved to a different location and there is a woman crying uncontrollably. Here she had suffocated her baby while trying to cover its mouth to mute its crying.

Both of these scenes depicted a horror of what was suffered by so many people just because they believed in something different and had different looks. We are supposed to grow from our mistakes, but we are on the path to making the same mistakes as our ancestors.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

right now, it would be the scene in the hitman's bodyguard where samuel jackson is singing while ryan reynolds is super annoyed. :lol:
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
SaraC

Post by SaraC »

For me the most memorable scene in a romantic movie is usually when the two main characters first meet. Also when they first find that attractiveness towards each other.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

In the third LOTR movie, when Aragorn said "My friends you bow to no one".
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
Adelekeadelaja

Post by Adelekeadelaja »

The most memorable scene in a movie is tatanic when ship was sinking and Jack was trying to save Rose. It's so passionate and highly emotional and a scene that can hardly be forgotten. I means strong feelings exit.
Frankfemez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Frankfemez »

The scene in "Equalizer 2" were Denzel Washington addresses his former colleagues in the military What you do, what you become is not my concern. The world is full of so-called men like you and in a perfect world, everything we do comes with a price, but this ain't a perfect world. People do bad things, if you're lucky you get the chance to set it right. But most of the time it goes unpunished. This ain't one of them times. The mistake you made was you killed my friend.
MTP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by MTP »

I think that the most memorable sceen in a film for me has to bee either in Jaws when one of the protagonist makes a comment on the size of the boat, also a good sceen is when in the Hobbit the wizard talks about diferent virtues and how everybody can do good. But still there are many more great memorable sceens in movies.
Raymond Confidence
Currently Reading:

Post by Raymond Confidence »

The scene in Thor vs God of war death battle were God of war told Thor "u are no God"
kyri45
Currently Reading: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by kyri45 »

once my mother was skipping through channels on the tv and for like 10 seonds she stopped on a scene that 5 years later i discovered be from the movie "Forrest Gump". The scene was when Forrest and Dan Taylor are on their boat, and Dan jump off into the ocean and start to swim and Forest realize that in that day he made peace with god. The silence and the aesthetic of that scene is something i will never forget.

Return to “Films and Books”