What is the most memorable scene in a film that sticks with you and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Anna Maria 86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-maria-86.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Re: What is the most memorable scene in a film that sticks with you and why?

Post by Anna Maria 86 »

When my sister told me "you have to watch Moulin Rouge", I was really excited, cause we have somewhat similar taste. I started watching it, and could not stand more than 5 minutes. I said no way, why would she recommend it to me? I tried to watch it again and again. No, 5 minutes was all I could bear. Then finally she said "let's watch it together". It's been one of my absolute favourite movies since then, and the scene when Christian turns back in the finale and starts singing Come what may... gives me goosebumps every time I watch it... sometimes even makes my eyes sweat :cry:
Ayeessa_23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ayeessa_23 »

From the Bird Box movie, when the little girl said she’ll be the one to look. Hay broke my heart in a million pieces. I couldn’t stop crying!
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

The Pursuit of Happyness, when little Christopher told his father a joke about the drowned boat, it is such a very deep fact about human nature which we never notice.
Think outside of the books.
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. Where the injured, old dog falls into a pit in the train tracks, and the younger dog and sassy cat can't help him get out, so he tells them to leave him behind. I was really little when I watched that movie, and two scenes are perfectly ingrained in my memory. The second is when the injured, old dog manages to get out of the pit and hobble to the country home, and is reunited with the cat, dog, and the family. Children's movies were pretty rough back then.

I'm not sure why it stuck in my head. Probably because the three animals had finally learned to get along and work together instead of fighting like they did for so long, and then one of them almost died. It was horrible. The other scene is stuck in my head because I was relieved. But I remember not letting myself feel that relief too much, because I was scared the old dog wasn't really okay, and that something bad would happen to him again, but something worse and that he'd die.

I'm really starting to think this movie might've emotionally scarred me... Not even joking.
Loser202

Post by Loser202 »

The scene that sticks with me the most is the speech given by Silvester Stallone's character Rocky in the relatively recent Rocky movie to his son, I can't recall the whole quote but it basically says "if you're not where you want to be in life the only person to blame is yourself"
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

"You've got two good legs, get up and walk with them." - Fullmetal alchemist. Not a movie but its what comes to mind.
Only1Cola
Currently Reading: The Age of Innocence
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only1cola.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Only1Cola »

Braveheart is a movie that has so many stand out scenes in it. The part where his wife is executed and he sees it from his hiding place, that look on his face. Also the part where he’s motivating the troops, riding up and down the line on his horse. And of course, the part where the princess tells the dying king that the child in her belly is not his son’s. That is an epic movie.
deewheeler7

Post by deewheeler7 »

The scene from, "Harvey." where Elwood says, "My Mother always said you be oh so smart of oh so pleasant." I choose pleasant. :tiphat:
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

First one Imalways think of is the scene in The Shining where Jack chops a hole in their bedroom door, sticks his head in and says "HERE'S JOHNEY". Comes off as tense yet funny at the same time.
amjohnson13
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

Not in a positive way, but the death scene from I Origins will follow me for the rest of my life. I am not joking, I finished the movie then and there and I still think about it, CONSTANTLY.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

The whole beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey is amazing but the final scene sticks with me for its meaning: the passage from an ape-like animal to a proto-human after touching the monolith is marked by one of them taking a bone and using it as a weapon hitting another proto-human.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

The most memorable would be the scene where No-Face chases Chihiro from Spirited Away.
The way Chihiro faced her enemy captivates me, because it's like she's showing mercy to even the foulest (man-eating) creatures. If it was any other films, the protagonist would be fighting the monster with a sword or a gun or whatever.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I think every movie, no matter how bad, has at least ONE scene that makes me feel something...
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Sarah Eliza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-eliza.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by Sarah Eliza »

So many great ones, but probably the one that has suck with me from a young age is found in The Man Who Never Was : the story is a dramatization of Operation Mincemeat from WWII. The British came up with the idea to drop a dead man into the ocean with papers detailing a fake landing operation that the Germans would find and divert their troops to said point. This would reduce the amount of enemy troops on the beaches at D-Day.

The scene in question is when a German spy has traveled to England to verify the authenticity of the dead man by finding the man's fiancé. Of course, there is no real fiancé, but the woman who's picture was planted on the dead man gets the call that her real-life fiancé has been shot down and killed. When she returns to her apartment the spy is there and starts asking her about the fake fiancé. The scene is so tense because she doesn't know what is going on but her grief is overwhelming and the spy is convinced the fake man is real.
Courtney Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-hughes.html
Latest Review: Summer in the City by Kevin Phelps

Post by Courtney Hughes »

RebeccasReading wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 08:15 The whole movie of Get Out has really stuck with me since I first saw it. The scene that I always go back to is when the main character is first brought into the Sunken Place and he's paralyzed with tears streaming down his face.
That movie is crazy amazing! It is one that sucks with you as a whole. That scene you mention is one that I instantly thought of as well. Also, the scene where the main character is talking to the grounds keeper/grandfather out in the yard. The look in there groundskeepers eyes was so creepy!

Return to “Films and Books”