Death of a vampire (very short film) - Beautifully poetic work of art

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Death of a vampire (very short film) - Beautifully poetic work of art

Post by DATo »

I stumbled across this video many years ago. It was published online in 2007 - over ten years ago. Since then I have gone nuts trying to find it again. Today .... SUCCESS!!! This, in my opinion, despite the dark nature of the subject, is one of the most beautiful pieces of video art I have ever seen on the net. I thought I would share it with anyone who is interested. It is very short - about 7 minutes.

My interpretation: A captured female vampire is set adrift in the desert to await the rising of the sun. She knows she will die but does so defiantly and with dignity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyD3G0bJ1Wg

EDIT: Since posting this and after doing a bit more searching I found that my interpretation of a vampire was correct. It was inspired by Bram Stoker's Dracula.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Lovewreading89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovewreading89.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Lovewreading89 »

I just watched it and your right it is a very beautiful piece and I like that it shows the struggle of wanting more time to live then just accepting fate.

Return to “Films and Books”