Marvel or DC?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Prick7+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by Prick7+ »

Marvel definitely . There much more exciting to watch. DC movies are dark and confusing. My favorite marvel movie is dead pool.
Muruthi

Post by Muruthi »

DC works better for me....I grew up watching Superman
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

Marvel, going by the beautiful universe that it has managed to create in the last few years, though my favorite childhood superhero was Batman.
Essentially_Literate
Favorite Book: Beastly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essentially-literate.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Essentially_Literate »

If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the DCEU all the way! Marvel tends to appeal to a majority of the population while DC appeals mostly to its fans. DC does phenomenally with their live action TV shows (The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, and Supergirl just to name a few). Not to mention their animated films which are great as well! I'm a HUGE Batman and Teen Titans fan!

Marvel is great at making movies and that's about it for me. I do read comics and I'd rather read DC any day. My best friend is die hard for Marvel and won't give DC the time of day. The subject usually gets changed when the topic of DC versus Marvel comes up. :)
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

I personally am pretty over the superhero hype, especially Marvel movies. Just about every Marvel movie feels exactly the same to me, and Marvel seems to really be into the whole "loveable asshole" trope (Iron Man, Loki, Dr. Strange) which to me got old after the first 20 minutes of the first Iron Man.
JavaDaBud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javadabud.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by JavaDaBud »

I haven't had the opportunity to read the comics yet, but I've seen nearly all the DC & MARVEL movies out there. Even though DC holds the reputation of Batman, I think Marvel would beat DC fair and square. Marvel includes all kinds of character, witty, funny, serious, boring, old, young, and more. However, DC only appears to be interested in the dark side of things. Which makes Marvel ahead of the line. :ugeek2: :techie-studyinggray:
Rosemaryjanex
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemaryjanex »

Dc is the best i love it more than manvel comic
Kathryn Price
Currently Reading: The Fifth Season
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-price.html
Latest Review: The Doughnut Boy by Michael R. Dennis

Post by Kathryn Price »

RebeccasReading wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 10:55 I loved the Batman trilogy with Christian Bale but other than that they DC movies all seem to be jumbled, confusing, and dull. They try to recapture the bleakness of that Batman trilogy without any of the interesting character development.

Just an outsider's opinion!!
I absolutely agree! The only DC I'm interested in watching is the Nolanverse. Those movies are some of the best I've ever seen. The rest of the DCEU (not sure why the "E for extended" is in that acronym) is completely perplexing, especially with regard to their movie release order and lack of character development. Marvel is clever because their movies, though they mostly follow the same pattern, appeal to a large category of people because of said pattern, regardless of whether they read comics or not. Additionally, their characters all interact and build on each other, which makes them well-rounded and believable together. I'd never even considered reading comics before I found the MCU, and now I want to get into them.
“If you believe only in facts and forget stories, your brain will live, but your heart will die” ― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows
Lynsaysamson31
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynsaysamson31.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lynsaysamson31 »

100% marvel for me for the movies anyway. DC definitely for the comics. I love all the superman graphic novels. The DC movies were not great in my opinion. Currently engrossed in all the marvel netfliks programmes.
Bakemono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bakemono »

I maintain that nerds, lovers of comics prefer DC, since I am one I'd go with DC.
Granted they lack the humor that marvel revels in, but when it comes to the details DC universe all the way. I admit that DC always reminding us about Batman's unfortunate loss of his parents as gone on for so long. BvS was underwhelming.
Simply put, for comics DC is great (though Stan Lee of marvel is amazing)
And for movies Marvel is great.
Elle-J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Elle-J »

DC comics are better, movie wise Marvel
cozark38
Currently Reading: Life Before
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozark38.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt

Post by cozark38 »

I don't know if I have a favorite, but I think one tends to spend more time thinking about the entertainment value to the viewer. I have seen many of both. My son studied filmmaking in art school so of course, I think I tend to look at different elements, or am forced to by him. He is an avid fan and he gives a powerful debate on why they are or are not good. I then just look at him and say, I just like it because it reminds me of the old stuff. I have a favorite Joker. I have a favorite Batman. I enjoyed Wonder Woman a lot because they followed the story I liked. I wish I could write as well as I watch and feel. That would be a superhero trick in my book. Pun intended.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

Marvel...i think their screenplays are written better.
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I can't tell you the last comic I read, but I've loved the recent Marvel movies much more than the old Batman movies, the only DC I've seen. Plus, Ben Affleck doesn't do it for me, but Thor does. It may be shameful, but I have no shame. Between the hotter guys, and the comedy, I'm Marvel all day unless Justice League really blows it out of the water, but I missed it in theaters, so it's going to be a while before I see it.
KarimaK

Post by KarimaK »

I grew up watching cartoons like Jistice League, Batman the Animated Series, and Teen Titans. I'm a hardcore DC fan because if that. It's sad to me that most if the recent DC movies haven't been great, especially since the Marvel movies have been so popular.

I just live the DC characters, their stories. I mean, the DC trinity essentially established the genre and built it to what it is in my opinion, they have such a rich history and I think it's all so fun.

Return to “Films and Books”